ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    By now customer service has an e mail from me expressing major concerns on the held cheque issue. The tone of the letter was polite but very direct! I am not impressed. I don't have problems with having to deal with such issues if we need more paperwork or procedures to make sure everything is done properly. I do draw the line at being told info that may not be accurate though.

If our cheques wern't being held from early February why did all 3 of my cheques, supposably sent on three different dates according to LS account all arrive at the same time today? All postmarked MARCH 6 which is over a month from when the earliest was shown as being sent. Nothing like helping build trust with the people helping drive sales to your network.

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

on another occasion I noted that this delay is most probably due to financial / liquidity problems at LinkShare.

further signs of why I should stand firm by this opinion are coming in by the day.

This appears to be a trend Linkshare enjoys using. Possibly to gain more interest on your money, or are they having financial difficulties? I don't know, but I know I would not want to wait months for money earned and they collected and will send to me when they feel like it, or have actual funds to cover check.

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=3986029981

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well when a merchant the size of WALMART refuses to pay for all commission since December then LS has some major problems. Those payment history reports are very revealing.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

All the more reason to require merchants to have a deposit adequate to normal sales and guard your affiliates.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com

ABW Ambassador
    I got an e mail back,of which the canned like response did nothing to address all of what I wrote them about. All of this may be a moot point as the cheque is made out to "my agency, my site name" which the bank may not even cash since my web site is not a company or name used by me at my bank.
    E mailing back another e mail isn't even worth the time it takes to write it judging by the first reply they gave.
    Now I know why I like consolidated cheques so much, HINT HINT.

WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

Walleye I received two checks today from LS, that's the good news but....

Check One, on the LS interface was supposedly mailed on the 11th of Feb, the check was dated the 02/03 but it was postmarked the 6th of March.

The second one was reported mailed on the 02/25, the check was made out on the 02/19 yet postmarked March 6th.

Why the big delay?

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

ABW Ambassador
    My experiences are similar. Ive gotten 10 LS checks in the mail in one day and the check dates vary up to a month apart.. very strange.

If they were all consistently x days late, it would make more sense.
    --

walleye - I posted a ***** about the web site name being on the checks in another thread. However, it should be in the MEMO field, and the Pay to the order of should have your name or whatever you listed for that.... Shouldn't matter whats in the memo field, right? I still don't like the site name being on there. Company name? fine. Site name? stupid.

----
    -J
    Up in the air in revenue share

ABW Ambassador
    Many of the issues here in the past few weeks have all boiled down to one basic issue, COMMON SENSE.

If our cheques are held..tell us
    If you need a form....just advise a date for implementaion
    Our pay to is clearly stated.....why cause problems and extra costs at bank with another name in pay to field
    If we have a concern in e mail...answer them, not to keep usd happy, but a plain honest answer.....and not EVER ending with have a happy day...That is almost like asking who pissed in your corn flakes to make you so grumpy.
    Guess I will head off and find that blood pressure medicine LOL

Unfortunately, the lack of common sense is not a LS exclusive, in case you think I only have an issue with this.

Even though I'm in NY, and that may have something to do with it, every check I get is a day or two after the postmark. I never had a problem with getting my checks (including pre-ABW).

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, mine too (2 - 5 days really), whats your point?

If I'm not mistaken the issue is with the payment report and check date being one date, then some of the postmarks being way later. We receive them a few days later.

Not so much a problem once the USPS actually has them. Or maybe I'm misreading what ww is saying. Anyway, thats the problem that I've experienced.

----
    -J

ABW Ambassador
    In reality I'm not 100% sure, as I don't alwyas look at the meter/postmark dates. I do always look at the check date, and the date that I receive it.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi walleye warrior -

We released checks in early March and gave everyone an additional 2 weeks to return the completed W-8BEN tax form. Our decision not to hold checks until March 21, 2003 was made after the feedback we received on this board. We value your participation in the LinkShare Network, and always welcome your feedback and suggestions. We apologize for any confusion.

Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    You tell us now and finally admit holding them. So why was it so hush hush and not admiting this to us all earlier.
    And we were also told in here all e mails on preople effected would be mailed out again.
    I have not seen a thing in my e mail about it. So which post am I supposed to believe now?
    I need the form or not? Time to go back and send everyone an e mail about it. I am sure your affiliate numbers in here seeing we need them are only a very small part of the overall number of people who need the form. Bet they are also in for a rude shock if they find out months later their cheques are going to be held. I personally need the copy of the e mail to take to my accountant who does my books. I don't have a problem with sending the form on receipt of official notice, my issue is the whole lack of respect and professionalism in how this issue is being handled over there.
    WW

ABW Ambassador
    I have to say, that I am disgusted at the way we have been treated, I did not recieve any email at all, and only found out by looking at this board.

Do you think all your international affiliates read this board??? what about them??? they are probably wondering where on earth their cheques are!

Thankyou to these kind people on this board, i managed to send my form, and thankfully got my cheques so i can feed my kids this month, but no thanks to linkshare who would have preferred them to starve!!!

ABW Ambassador
    Sarah, <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>We released checks in early March and gave everyone an additional 2 weeks to return the completed W-8BEN tax form. Our decision not to hold checks until March 21, 2003 was made after the feedback we received on this board. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Huh? What? Why would they be held, did I miss some other thread or discussion on this? I am totally lost here as to what you're talking about.

----
    -J

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread