Thank David to taking the time to reply.

Yes, it is an emotional issue for me. When an affiliate like Ebates is allowed to have a popup offering a "special deal" after I have sent them to your site, they have just robbed me of my efforts and sale. They have stolen from me and I don't take kindly to thieves.

So, my question to you is simple -- are you going to allow Ebates to remain in your affiliate program, yes or no?

I too support Linkshare in their efforts but frankly, they fall short on many issues.
    In my opinion it should not take a mandate from onhigh for a merchant to do the right and honorable thing. Many other Linkshare merchants have taken a stance against these kind of practices and they are still a part of Linkshare, support Linkshare's efforts and are calling for more to be done.

And I would ask, if I came into your store and stole something, would you be interested in giving me 60 more days to continue stealing because someone said -- gee maybe we need to give them time to change how they operate? I don't think so.

You say you are interested in "what's best for our affiliate network & partner relations." I would submit to you that talk is cheap when one of your partners is stealing the hard work and commission from all the rest.

I need to know that the companies that I work with are honest and honorable and worth my time and effort in promoting them. Are you that kind of company?

Vicki
    this letter is also being posted on the Abestweb messageboard in the Linkshare forum
    www.abestweb.com

But if the arrow is straight and the point is slick,
    It can pierce through dust no matter how thick. dylan

ABW Ambassador
    David, you may recall some conversations I had with you concerning morpeus and wurld not to long ago.

I would ask that you not drop ebates but rather drop the "Mo Money Maker" portion of their program as many other merchants have demonstarted by offering coupons only at the ebates site.

I don't think there is a single person in here that objects to ebates offering rebates and consumers going to their site to get them.

We all object to what is called "a reminder" that follows consumers every move watching them while they surf the web so that ebates can remind someone who attemts to shop from another affiliates site - or even yours, that they can get the discount by clicking on the reminder.

The consumer watching reminder is called ummmmmmm "Mo Money Maker". It wasn't called "Mo Cash Back" for a reason - it's not the consumers profiting that Mo is all about.

It is about making more money for Ebates by taking sales away from websites that are affiliates and turning non commissionable orders from your loyal vistors into sales that generate a commission for ebates.

This is an emotional issue and it effects your bottom line profitibility just as it does ours.

I respectfully ask you and every other merchant who is associated with ebates to remove yourselves from the ummmmmmm "Mo Money Maker" program that ebates offers as a part of their program.

Consumers don't really need software on their computer to watch their every move to remind them to go to ebates site to get discounts now do they.

Vicky, Myself and many others here would appreciate your support in this matter.

Thanks David - have a safe and happy holiday season.

I totally agree, I'm going to write a letter to all of Ebates Merchants to get the clue accross, We do not support the Money maker which reminds the visitor to shop though them. even though we put our effort in promoting there company. I have no problem with the merchants advertising on the main page, But the money Maker is what I'm upset about.

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

My company, SeaEagle.com, had been a member of Ebates since well before their use of browser plugins. When I found out that they had started to use the "Mo Money Maker" plugin, I was very dissapointed that an otherwise excellent relationship took a turn for the worse. I had repeatedly asked them to remove me from MMM but to stay on their site, but I was told that this could not be done. Since I don't want commissions stolen from those affilates that are working hard to sell my products, I had to drop Ebates from my program.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jhoge:
    My company, SeaEagle.com, had been a member of Ebates since well before their use of browser plugins. When I found out that they had started to use the "Mo Money Maker" plugin, I was very dissapointed that an otherwise excellent relationship took a turn for the worse. I had repeatedly asked them to remove me from MMM but to stay on their site, but I was told that this could not be done. Since I don't want commissions stolen from those affilates that are working hard to sell my products, I had to drop Ebates from my program.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank You, Checked your Cj Mail Today [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    jhodge,

Thank you for your support in this matter.

I find it very strange that merchants such as TigerDirect and others have openly stated that they were part of the ebates program but did not allow their participation to cross over into the ummmm "Mo Money Maker" program.

You can go to the ebates website itself and see that there are some merchants that only use coupons and many of these have precluded to not participate in the Mo Money Maker application.

I can only guess that your sales and the value that ebates percieved in the benefit of your program precluded you from being able to participate as they allow others to do.

I would venture to guess that there are many other merchants just like you that have been told that "It's all participation" or "no participation". This is a lie as can be backed up by TigerDirect and other merchants.

If you are a merchant looking at this and fall into this category - I'm asking you re-evaluate your position with Ebates and to takes steps to remove yourself from the "Mo Money Maker" program that causes diversions from affiliate web sites and your web site.

If you percieve that Ebates is in fact acting with unprofessional business tactics and that the value they bring to your company is less than you percieved - then I do suggest you to completely remove yourself from the Ebates program.

I thank all merchants in advance for this consideration and hope you have a safe and happy holiday season as well as a very prosperous New Year.

bump

Vicki

But if the arrow is straight and the point is slick,
    It can pierce through dust no matter how thick. dylan

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread