..if the November cheque you FINALLY got just last week has gotten lost between your front door and your bank

I've held out contacting anyone thinking it'd show up, but it hasn't.

now...I don't know who to contact to ensure that (a) it gets cancelled and (b) I get sent a new one!

A woman is like a tea bag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water

If the check was issued by Linkshare, I would think that they'd be the people to call. They may have to do a stop payment which may cost you a few bucks.

Sal @ PHATBargains.com

Why does that NOT surprise me

I see the linkshare moderator was here today, this would have been a darned nice question for them to answer, don't you think?

A woman is like a tea bag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    hi parentsworld -

Please send an email to contact@linkshare.com and include the check number. If the check has not already been cashed, then our team will stop payment and re-issue the check.

Sarah

Thank you, will do. Problem with a cheque number is the cheque -- stub, envelope, and all, is lost.

Anyway, I'll email details.

ABW Ambassador
    PW, go to your payment report for that period, and click on the link that says 'LinkShare Mailed Check on xx/xx/xxxx'.
    You will see a window pop-up with the cheque # and other details.

Pete

Pete, thanks! Was just coming back to say "duh, figured it out"

I had to share this amusing update with those who might enjoy a giggle -- and shake their heads right along with me. This doesn't bode well for the competency of Linkshare.

I emailed the address the LS moderater suggested giving them a detailed account of what happened, cheque number, merchant name, amount...and so on.

Today I recieve an email from LS that starts with this: "Dear Jill,

Thank you for your email!

Once you are approved for a merchant's site you may place the links on any site you may own. If you would like to track sales from your various sites, you will have to add them as sub-affiliates in your account. The Sub-Affiliate ..."

WTF? I email her back thanking her for her speedy reply but informing her, nicely, that my question was about a lost cheque.

She emails back immediately apologizing and explaining how replacement will work.

I email her simply saying "Thank you so much for your help"

She replies with -- and I kid you not -- the following: "Dear Jill,

Thank you for your email!

We thank you for your participation in the American Express affiliate program and we look forward to our mutual success."

Oh. My. Bob. I really wanted to email her back and tell her to put down the crack pipe but lord knows what I would have got back!

I'm still laughing -- but in so many ways it also concerns me. This was a simple email and this woman couldn't even keep track of what the heck was going on.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread