Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I would like to know if we can all promote the same coupons as FlamingoWorld is promoting for 1800flowers.com?
    http://www.flamingoworld.com/viewmerchant.php?mid=635

ABW Ambassador
    Ask the merchant

CJ Rocks! CJ Rocks! CJ Rocks! CJ Rocks!

Think the site is down now...

You can if you don't belong to their affiliate program. I haven't been a member of their program for a while now.
    Seems like someone has a beef, trying to get me in trouble for posting coupons if you ask me.
    My site isn't down, just in the middle of a server switch.
    You can reach it by ip address though:
    http://65.108.178.156/

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

What about the OfficeDepot.com coupons Connie has on her site? Are they within the affiliate terms?

http://www.flamingoworld.com/viewmerchant.php?mid=88

They are not provided within the Linkshare interface, and therefor these are illegal. Am I wrong? If yes, I would like to post these too.

Yikole,

As Deelz said ... contact the merchant for coupon codes, I can guarantee you that Connie is not doing anything "illegal" (as you put it).

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

What is your beef?
    Look around at the other 500 sites out there. Why are you on me all of a sudden.
    I can see why people come and post anonymously here.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    I agree, Yikole this is not a topic that concerns any of us and will not aid us, in fact it does not belong in the forums at all.

It seems you are attempting to attack another site by "telling" on them here at the forums. You are not welcome here, be gone.

Not fair to single out a certain site, go to dealzconnection.com, check all the sites and turn them all in if you are truly concerned about this issue.

If a merchant has ever contacted me to remove codes, I do so in a heartbeat.

I think there are worse issues you should be concerned about. Atleast if I get credit for sales, it is because someone actually clicked on one of my links on my site.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

Tisk Tisk for singling out "one" site when,
    as pointed out here, there are at least 500
    other sites with the same codes.

Many of the codes come directly on the merchant's own pop-ups derived from affiliate links.

With my best,

Liz
    http://Styleforfree.com

ABW Ambassador
    Let us not single out any sites here publicly...Please do feel free to PM yourselves to death however *LOL*

Yeah, go PM yourself.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

I can only assume you were "shopping" at Flamingoworld today from your post.

I think a more appropriate post might ask if certain merchants allow specific coupons.

Speaking of PM's, survey man check yours if you have not.. they paid me! Check in the mail today!

ABW Ambassador
    My guess is that Yikole is affiliated with one of the sites that Connie has outed on here publically in the past, just trying to get some "revenge"...

This is really bad, and, why I made a slight reference to tattling in one of the previous outing threads.

In the spirit of the reason I don't like this kind of behaviour, i'm not going to say any more... that probably doesn't make any sense, sorry.

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are being paid commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertising, and your targeted mailings?

ABW Ambassador
    I agree. Yikole, your posts are completely out of line.

Connie is well respected here and you owe her an apology.

ABW Ambassador
    "Not fair to single out a certain site, go to dealzconnection.com, check all the sites and turn them all in if you are truly concerned about this issue."

Connie, in all fairness you have been doing exactly that lately. I was actually going to say something after one of your other posts, something about just worrying about your own site and not others, but i didn't. On 3 seperate occasions. One about dealcatcher and the amazon tm violation, you brought that on this board. Another about coupons-coupon-codes.com about the merchant name being in the url. Another about the i-frames where you mentioned jumpondeals, 247malls etc. It seems you have been going dealzconnections and trying to find things wrong about your competition and posting it here. And when someone does that to you, you get offended. You are actually one of the coupon sites i admired in the past after reading about you in a Dr. Laura article and how much you made doing this. Now i don't have a problem posting when someone blatantly steals like when i posted about punchbusters.com copying your site. I have held off of posting because of respect for you, but in all fairness looking at your recent posts you have been doing a lot of this. Outing other affiliate sites that you think (and very well might be_ be doing something wrong. But i don't like this Big Brother mentality going around lately. Let the merchants handle this.

Shake your booty

Actually, I don't go to dealzconnection much, but I do visit my competitors every day. I think most business people like to know what their competition is up to. Especially when you get merchant newsletters that brag up affiliates that are doing well. You tend to want to go and see how they are doing it so you can maybe make some changes to your own site.
    And lately I have been seeing a lot of questionable things going on. It is not like I am spending hours each day trying to find bad things going on, it just happens in the course of my daily work.
    Seems to me a lot of the people who complained about parasitic behavior are now bordering on it.
    And I guess I wasn't as smart as the other people here. I post under my own name and haven't hidden behind the protection of an alias.
    I am really disappointed in a lot of people lately and the tactics they have resorted to.
    At least the sales coming from my site are the results of people actually clicking on my links.
    I actually earned my money.
    And in checking my logs, I am pretty sure who is doing this, and it has to do with a different issue, something that was not posted about on ABW.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    Perhaps this can be a lesson learned for each of us, to be a little less critical and to remember how this type of behavior only ends up effecting, negatively I might add, all of us (affiliates)...

Can we consider this thread closed, I hope so.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Connie, in all fairness you have been doing exactly that lately. I was actually going to say something after one of your other posts, something about just worrying about your own site and not others, but i didn't. On 3 seperate occasions. One about dealcatcher and the amazon tm violation, you brought that on this board. Another about coupons-coupon-codes.com about the merchant name being in the url. Another about the i-frames where you mentioned jumpondeals, 247malls etc. It seems you have been going dealzconnections and trying to find things wrong about your competition and posting it here. And when someone does that to you, you get offended. You are actually one of the coupon sites i admired in the past after reading about you in a Dr. Laura article and how much you made doing this. Now i don't have a problem posting when someone blatantly steals like when i posted about punchbusters.com copying your site. I have held off of posting because of respect for you, but in all fairness looking at your recent posts you have been doing a lot of this. Outing other affiliate sites that you think (and very well might be_ be doing something wrong. But i don't like this Big Brother mentality going around lately. Let the merchants handle this.

Shake your booty <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said!!!

Connie, has been doing the same thing to other sites. She started with this behaviour. She shouldn't be complaining when people point out valid concerns about her site too. If there is someone to blaim for this it's Connie herself.

I think there is a big difference in posting legitimate concerns and posting things out of revenge.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Connie Berg:
    I think there is a big difference in posting legitimate concerns and posting things out of revenge.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What made you think the original post does not have a "LEGITIMATE CONCERN"? Is that because now it's YOUR site?? You started bashing on these forums every other affiliate that is competing with you. If you started this behaviour what makes you think you are exempt from LEGITIMATE criticism?

[This message was edited by Yikole on February 25, 2003 at 12:34 AM.]

Evon, I figured you would say something negative, considering you were one of the sites I singled out in another post.

Yikole, I don't think you originally posted to get an answer to your question, you posted it in hopes of getting me in trouble.
    That is why I don't consider it a legitimate concern.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

What made you think the original post does not have a "LEGITIMATE CONCERN"? Is that because now it's YOUR site?? You started bashing on these forums every other affiliate that is competing with you. If you started this behaviour what makes you think you are exempt from LEGITIMATE criticism?

[This message was edited by Yikole on February 25, 2003 at 12:34 AM.][/QUOTE]

Give it a rest...pleeeeze.. I don't think I'd be out of line if I said... I'm sure we can all think of more constructive and pleasant ways to utilize the forum and our time

Dale Wentzel
    Director, Online Marketing Motormint.com
    Nothing Builds Business Better than a Strong A.R.M.

Buy them a new application and they'll be content for a day - Show them how to code... and they'll go into business for themselves.

ABW Ambassador
    Hmm.. :-/

Well said, Trust.

I have nothing but the deepest respect for Connie as well. FW was started shortly after I started my first aff marketing sites and I remember it well back then.. and its been there for the duration. However, I too, was wondering what was up(!). Connie, you seem to have been one by one publically bashing and outing sites.

Now... its actually with mixed emotions that I read those threads. I knew/know about all those sites too. I know what they're doing and I think it sucks. (I've also know of worse, too.. ) They're cheaters and hopefully they'll get their due. But, also "Let the one who has not cast the first stone.." or however that saying goes. If everything of yours was 100% "legit"... perhaps I'd understand, but, it baffled me knowing that it wasn't.

Of course, you're right, in that the only reason you were retaliated against was that you had posted it non anonymously. Thats one thing that sucks about this community, with half being anonymous, half not.

I agree with Trust in that I don't like the big brother mentality as of late.

Anyway, I just hope that all this stuff is over.. and we can get back to bashing parasites Then again, maybe, if everyone points out all the bad stuff on everyone elses sites we'll all end up better off... I don't know. Guess it could level the playing field a bit. Mixed Emotions..

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are being paid commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertising, and your targeted mailings?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast