Anyone else receive this stupid email from them? I can't believe it honestly!

Dear Affiliate,

We want to thank you for making the J.Crew Affiliate Program a success.
    Our goal has been to increase sales and reach new customers through our
    affiliates, and you have helped us do that.

As you may have heard recently in the news, J.Crew is restructuring
    many of its operations. It's an exciting time for us, but change brings
    difficult choices. Part of this is a repositioning of the brand. We're
    working to improve the quality and style of the clothes we offer, and
    moving away from promotions and discounted items.

This repositioning calls for a change in our affiliate marketing
    strategy. In line with this, we are shrinking the size of our program and are
    focusing on partners that provide sales in a manner consistent with our
    full-price brand position. Unfortunately, after evaluation and a great
    deal of consideration, we've determined that our partnership with your
    site does not fit this new strategy. Therefore, the partnership will
    end on April 30, 2003.

All affiliate payments earned through the end date listed above will be
    made in the April commission checks. Even if you haven't reached the
    $50 threshold, we will pay the commission you've earned to date.

We want to thank you again for your support of the J.Crew Affiliate
    Program, and wish you good luck with future endeavors.

Sincerely,
    Isabel Stewart
    The J.Crew Affiliate Program

ABW Ambassador
    I got it too, but it was much small in size and different reason. Anyway I do not bother much for their 5% commission rate and $50 minimum payment. In last 10 months with them, I never received any newsletter or any form of communication from them.

This was my response to them:

"Thank you for your email. Anyway we were thinking taking out all links for J. Crew. In last 10 months of our affiliation, I do not remember receiving any form communication from J. Crew. It is really difficult work when we do not know what to push or promote when the merchant does not let us know anything."

We received this email also. JCrew easily runs the most pathetic and incompetent affiliate program on the Net. We have over 500 affiliates and JCrew by far has the lowest conversion rate. In March, we had 846 click throughs and 1 sale for a $1 commission. Their links are constantly outdated, they never email you with any updates, and it is impossible to get links from them that are current. It looks like a third grader is in charge of their affiliate program.

Its funny, about 15 months ago, we did very well with JCrew. We are sure they are too ignorant to know anything about the parasite situation, but we are sure JCrew is a haven for them.

Oh well, sorry for venting, but JCrew has a hell of a nerve sending this email to affiliates when their affiliate program is so useless and poorly run.

We would be interested in knowing what others think.

ABW Ambassador
    Steve G:

See above the email I sent to them. Let them know they suck big time.

I got the same email from them. I made a little from them, and would have preferred to stay a member of their program.

But, I've already removed them, and see no reason to continue sending them traffic.

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of today."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jungleland:
    But, I've already removed them, and see no reason to continue sending them traffic<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Mine said it was because I had no sales (I just signed up a few weeks ago). Yup, they're gone already, threw in some new ChoiceShirts t-shirts in their former primary page.

I did not get that e-mail from but, they're such POOR PERFORMER (only 3 sales for 964 click) I'll terminate them from my sites.

They can go ahead and run ther "high-end" program wherever they'd like to!

ABW Ambassador
    I also got the same e-mail. Actually, it's worked out for the best. I was planning on dropping them. I have less than $10 in commissions from them, but at least I'll get the money now (since they dropped me instead of me dropping them). Good riddance, J. Crew.

Michael

I don't like merchants consider affiliate marketing as another form of banner advertising.

http://8n.nu/

ABW Ambassador
    Merchants get rid of affiliates who do not create sales. Therefore affiliates should get rid of merchants who do not create sales. For example, Gap and Old Navy, and others.
    If J Crew are going to remove affiliates just because they haven't created any sales, then they are going to miss out on those affiliates who improve constantly, and who would create sales in the future.
    If merchants want to do this, then it is their competitors who will benefit in the long run.
    Therefore, J Crew are giving their competitors the opportunity to be promoted by those affiliates that are always improving, and thus creating sales.
    Way to go J Crew, what a wonderful affiliate manager you must have, get rid of your affiliates, let your competitors use them. Perfect marketing from J Crew. Yeah right

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjshoppingnetwork:
    Way to go J Crew, what a wonderful affiliate manager you must have, get rid of your affiliates, let your competitors use them. Perfect marketing from J Crew.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>They're a big corporation, it sounds like someone just passed their quarterly "performance review" and got moved into the affiliate program, then promptly decided that if he/she had to pass a review, then by gum, so would these pesky affiliates

Frankly, after joining, when I saw the dearth of creatives I almost didn't bother - improving that should have been the first priority, not dumping all of their exposure.

Edited because I couldn't spell creatives right the first time.

This also begs the question: Exactly how does cutting affiliates save them any money? Last I checked, it didn't cost a dime to keep my info in their database, unless Linkshare charges a fee foreach affiliate.

LinkShare Data Refutes Industry Belief that Affiliate Marketers Should Focus on 'Super-Affiliates'

http://www.linkshare.com/press/outperform.html

If there is a cost for each affiliate charge to the merchant.

The networks should charge only the number of affiliates who make at least a click to the merchant site in that month.

Not counting "joined-inactive affiliates" or "impression only but no traffic affiliates".

There are many reasons affiliate stay inactive after joined. But they can perform well after activate the links, thus do not drop them simply because they are inactive.

http://8n.nu/

ABW Ambassador
    "Therefore affiliates should get rid of merchants who do not create sales. For example, Gap and Old Navy, and others. "

I get sales from Gap and Old Navy, i was checking out your site and i think if you used the coupon codes they provide you might start to see some sales.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

I received the same email It looks like a carbon copy of the one they sent when they disbanded their in-house a couple of years ago.

Should be interesting to meet the folks at JCrew during the Linkshare Symposium on Tuesday

With my best,

Liz
    http://Styleforfree.com

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread