Stephen,

I wanted to commend you on an absolutely fantastic event!

I learned many new market facts / trends, networked, and enjoyed the festivities.

Congratulations and Thank You!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

I'll second that Haiko!

Sorry I didn't get to meet you personally - Although I did get to meet Liz, Connie & Anne. Personally, I wish we had more events like this. Helps us all to realize we have more in common...

And how about that dessert?

Did anyone stick around for the belly flop contest off the end of the Pier? I couldn't find any takers while I was there

David
    Brooks Brothers

I agree, it was awesome! Haiko, I am sorry we actually didn't get a chance to talk more. I also missed some merchants... I vote for two days next time ... one for events, one for dealmaker stuff.. but it was totally awesome. I had so many goodies, the airline charged me extra to haul it home. HA HA!

Yes, David, that chocolate rocked.

I too had a good time. It was great to hear all the things Linkshare has coming up, and all the things they plan to do to protect affiliates in the future.
    And I really enjoyed getting back to my favorite Popeyes for some of that Chicken! Next year Linkshare should have them cater!
    I just wish the Dealmaker/Networking part was longer, I only got to talk to half of the people I wanted to! Next year they should have it be two days and have more networking time!
    Haiko, you disappeared! I was going to buy you one of those free drinks they had there!

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

Affiliate Network Rep
    Thank you to everyone who attended the LinkShare Symposium. This, our tenth event, was a huge success due to all of your participation (even despite the April snow storm). Now lets see if we can use some of the techniques we all learned to make some more commissions!

Best regards,
    Stephen

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I still vote it's held outside the US next year...maybe Thailand is a little far for you all to travel but Canada works for me

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    "Lets sell some rocks.....!!"

Mondera.com Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Canada would work for me too.
    And just thinkof all the $$ they could save with the exchange rate.

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

ABW Ambassador
    Regardless of where it's held, what do I need to do to get an invite? I plan on doing some more business with Linkshare merchants over the next year, and would love to attend!

Michael

I got to admit the event was awesome and some of the best networking I have ever been able to do.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris - WSO:
    I still vote it's held outside the US next year...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Canada works for me. It was a great event - but there were too many people to talk to and much too little time. I did have the priviledge of finally meeting many of you and hope that I can meet more in the future.

Chris - I am so sorry that you had to go through the ordeal that you did. I brought the Fire Engine for your Dad, I still managed to hang on to it, so send me your address and I will send it to you. I don't think I can hang on to it until next year.

I vote for a whole day for Dealmaker and another day for cocktails next year, any country will do.

Dale Wentzel
    Director, Online Marketing Motormint.com
    Nothing Builds Business Better than a Strong A.R.M.

Buy them a new application and they'll be content for a day - Show them how to code... and they'll go into business for themselves.

Affiliate Network Rep
    For those who missed the announcement at the symposium, please read below.

http://www.linkshare.com/press/inbox.html

Stephen

I gained so many new ideas, it's taken me this long to say a special thanks to Stephen and everyone at Linkshare for a fantastic event!

I'm sorry I gave out before the Cocktail hour. I'd love to see next years for a bit longer. I agree with David -- wish we could do more of these during the year. It's so great to meet everyone. I even got to meet the famous Haiko :-)

It truly was a great event and I was completely and thoroughly inspired.

With my best,

Liz
    http://Styleforfree.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    It's nice for Linkshare to host an event where they can openly discuss the issues plaguing their network. I see no one is willing to even hint that LS is clamping down on the new and old versions of BHO parasites.

Among their proposed methods to protect their affiliates from the abuses of merchants did they mention hiring someone to collect from merchants who are always 60-90 days late on getting in commission checks? I see the LS history report as of April 14th still shows no payment record for 16 of my merchants for February. Should they also just completely ignor my warnings that this merchant is NEVER going to pay them or us.

Merchant#=1391 ImprovementsCatalog.com (HSN Improvements, LLC) Awaiting Payment Awaiting Payment Awaiting Payment Awaiting Payment Awaiting Payment Awaiting Payment.

For a network with the balls to challenge their own bred and raised parasitic Dupers it should be a simple step to enforce their TOS regarding prompt payment. First things first. No network should hide their non-paying merchants from new and older affiliates adding to the risk of affiliate marketing.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Charlie,

No mention of clamping down on non-paying merchants.
    But they did make note that they're trying to
    implement a one-check payment process.

This fact stunned me: As Stephen Messer pointed out,
    "Linkshare processes more transactions per day than
    the NYSE, NASDAQ and S&P combined." So, trying to
    implement a one check system is an honorable undertaking.

As far as Improvements goes, I'd rip them off my site
    if they don't pay - especially for that long a time
    period. If you only have a handful of merchants at LS
    that don't pay up -- I'd say we've come a very long way
    from the old "dot.com new store wave" days. 98.5% of
    my LS merchants do pay on a very timely basis. And
    the checks don't bounce

With my best,

Liz
    http://Styleforfree.com

ABW Ambassador
    NYC for popeyes?

One check and/or direct deposit would be so nice...

Even 1 check for every 20 ..

----
    -J
    The neighbors complain about the noises above ... But she only comes when she's on top.

I didn't get to go, but how about Thailand next year. I just went to Koh Phi Phi and it was beautiful...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Monuit:
    NYC for popeyes?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We don't have Popeyes where I live here in the sticks! I go to NYC several times a year and always have to get my fix. Heck, we don't even have a KFC close by! We have McDonalds, Dairy Queen, Subway and Taco Johns.
    The only place to shop is Walmart!
    Walmart killed our downtown.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread