Hello all,
    We have officially joined the Linkshare Affiliate Network and are in the development process.
    We are very excited about our soon-to-be affiliate program and want to have a strong and rewarding partnership with our affiliates over the years to come.

With that in mind, I would like to ask for input into creating a fair affiliate program. Please provide valid suggestions of what you would like to see in a program [rather than 90% commission and unlimited return days ]

In return, I am willing to answer any questions anyone might have including confidential sales / conversion info. Our philosophy is that affiliates should be treated as an extension of our company and information should be openly shared with our affiliate parnters.

To start with:
    Average order: $75 ($85 during holidays)

Conversion rate: average 2%

Major marketing efforts: Overture and other CPC search engines & some search engine optimization for keywords such as "leather journal"

Current marketing expenses: 15-18% of gross sales

Returns: 1.2% (very low compared to rest of industry of 3-5%)

Margins: Average 50%. Slightly lower on some products such as software and slightly higher on embossed products.

Don't hesitate to post questions along with suggestions. We value your opinion and want to create a great program for all of us.
    Thanks,
    David Giacomini
    President,
    K. Schweizer, Inc.
    www.kschweizer.com

David,

Congratulations on a wise choice (linkshare). I've upgraded your membership so that you can access the managers only forum also.

I'll post feedback in a few.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Start Shopping: <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi David, One thing struck me as kinda ODD in the way Start Shopping jumps out. The page starts of with the inspirational logo and then SLAM~! START SHOPPING jumps in my face . . . I think your page would be better off at least toning down the SShopping. As a matter of fact, it might be better without it altogether.

No offense . . . just passing thru . . .
    Oh, by the way . . . what are you aiming at paying? Generally, I look at anything under 10% as a waste of time........

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Good suggestion and no offense taken. The "Start Shopping" text is carryover from 3-4 years ago when customers seemed to need more direction. We broke up our left nav to "Shop" and "Learn" to separate the two main topics. I agree that it is somewhat garrish and will either tone them down or remove them. Thanks for the feedback.

As for commissions, my initial thoughts were 10-15% depending on sales volume, with 30 return days. Does this seem reasonable? It seems competitive from what others offer but I'm not sure if it is appealing enough. This would make the affiliate commission as a percent of sales comparable to our current marketing expenses.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cyclone:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Start Shopping: <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi David, One thing struck me as kinda ODD in the way _Start Shopping_ jumps out. The page starts of with the inspirational logo and then SLAM~! START SHOPPING jumps in my face . . . I think your page would be better off at least toning down the SShopping. As a matter of fact, it might be better without it altogether.

No offense . . . just passing thru . . .
    Oh, by the way . . . what are you aiming at paying? Generally, I look at anything under 10% as a waste of time........

Brian
    aka Cyclone<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ABW Ambassador
    I don't see it anywhere. Anybody know if they got their program running?

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    After signing with LS it can take between 4 - 8 weeks to integrate, test and roll out.

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    "Lets sell some rocks.....!!"

Mondera.com Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread