ABW Ambassador
    Can someone help me figure this out please. I'm new to LS and still trying to learn advanced linking.

How would I go about converting a normal link like:

http://www.estyle.com/babystyle/defa...id=bizrate003a

To a link that would be tracked and credited?

TIA,
    Javi

-------------
    build, build, build, build...

ABW Ambassador
    Doesn't anyone know? I have a datafeed site already finished and I'd like to upload it

Javi

-------------

I'm intersted in knowing this as well. I know how to do it with most BeFree & CJ links but puzzled on how to do it with LinkShare w/out using their custom link interface and doing each link 1 by 1 which is way to time consuming and counter productive for me! Hopefully someone will have some input on this..

Cheers!

ABW Ambassador
    People here are very helpful, I'm sure someone will answer sooner or later

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Chriscrm
    doing each link 1 by 1 which is way to time consuming and counter productive for me<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can say that agian Leader would call that wor.. uh, I mean w*rk

Javi

-------------

ABW Ambassador
    C'mon please, deepcrawl will probably be next week and I'd like to have the site ready

Javi

-------------

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi

The first issue is does the site you link to support custom and deep linking...if it does then there will be a section under the links area of their links pages on Linkshare where you can click to create custom links, I think it's under product links

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    "Lets sell some rocks.....!!"

Mondera.com Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

If they are a Merchandiser merchant, you can get their product feed. It costs some money, but it gives you all the links you need. See the Affiliate Resource Center in LinkShare about Merchandiser. Look at the lower right of the main page under "Products and Services".

Also, there's a manual way to get links en masse. You can use the Advanced (multiple) IPL generator. Choose Individual Product Links, then choose to browse your own IPL, and then choose the link "Advanced Users Only: Click here to generate code or multiple products at one time".

It's fairly quick to grab URL's one by one for the products you want. I say, start off with 50 to test this. Ignore the directions on the page provided by estyle to the right *only* if you're going to use this advanced tool. Instead, just do this. I tried it, and it works. (If you use the regular one at a time tool, then follow the instructions.)

For a specific product, like the "Animal Crackers Dress", just right click and "copy the shortcut" (URL) to the product:

http://www.babystyle.com/common/dPro...r&cmDM=0&frm=1

Paste that URL into a plain text document in notepad. Hit enter. Repeat for all URL's.

You can copy/paste as many as you want, but do it one URL per line.

When you get a bunch of URL's that you want, save the text file and just upload it from that advanced IPL tool.

Hit "Generate Code" and you get LinkShare coded links to the specific product. For example:

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=[YOURCODE]&subid=1&offerid=12196.1&type=10&tmpid=206&RD_PARM1=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.babystyle.com%252Fcommon%252FdProductDetail.asp%253FPMId%253D12439%2526SIND%253D1%2526dept%253D1%2526cmCL%253Ddresses%2526cmPG%253Dheader%2526cmDM%253D0%2526frm%253D1

(Put in your own affiliate code instead of [YOURCODE] and it should work fine.]

Now, if you also keep track of product names in an Excel file, you can just merge the documents and do a little "concatenate" function to spit out full linking code for the link. Stay with me...

Your first column in Excel would be: &lt;a href="

Your second column in Excel would be the output URL from the LinkShare link generator.

The third column would be just: "&gt;

The fourth column would be the product name.

The fifth column would be just: &lt;/a&gt;

(You're linearly creating the pieces for the linking code b/c the LinkShare generator just gives you a URL, not full linking code.)

The sixth column would be a CONCATENATE function to combine the fields in columns 1 thru 5 into one cell. Read Excel's help about CONCATENATE if you're not sure how to use it, but you're just merging text of multiple fields.

The seventh column would be the "value" of the sixth column, after you've copied column 6 and hit "paste special: value" into column 7.

(You need to do this, because if you try to just copy a field in column 6 and paste it somewhere else, like into your web page, you'll get the CONCATENATE formula, not the value/result of the formula.)

Sounds like work, but it's not that hard, so long as you're ok with Excel. And as long as you can right click, copy, and paste quickly, you can do several hundred products fairly quickly. So, I guess, start off with top sellers or clearance items first.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Chris and afiliate guy! It looks a bit complicated at first, but with that great tutorial I'll get it done for sure.

Thanks Again!

Javi

-------------

WOW! I think this is what I have been looking for. I will have to play around with the code for a bit, but looks promising. Thank You. :-)

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread