View Poll Results: Who is better?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Linkshare

5 45.45%
  • Commission Junction

6 54.55%
    Hello all,
    I'm the affiliate manager for 1-800-PetMeds. Currently we're using Linkshare, but I'd like some feedback on which program you all think is better.
    Cheers,
    Alex Irvin

Alex Irvin
    Affiliate Program Director
    1800petmeds.com

ABW Ambassador
    I voted, but would also like to make a comment.

I voted for CJ for the sole reason that they have consolidated payments. I run a coupon site, and we only have a few pet-related merchants, which have a moderate amount of success. I'm always looking for new merchants, but am skeptical of minimum payouts if they have an unproven track record with me. For example, if I promote a site heavily for 6 months and only get $10 in commission, I will never see that money with LinkShare if the minimum payout is $25 or more. With CJ, it shows up in my check the month the money is earned.

I actually prefer LinkShare reports, but the payment features of CJ blow away what LinkShare can offer. Just my two cents.

Michael

ABW Ambassador
    Never had a problem from LS merchants paying except from those camera merchants that bounce around. I like CJ because of consolidated payments, ease of making products links, and the banner rotation system they have. Each network has something i like that another doesn't have. If/when? LS ever decided to ever go with consolidated payments they will see a nice jump in activity. Some affiliates would take a chance on a new merchant or a merchant they weren't so sure about or a merchant with a high monthly minimum. I'm all for merchants joining more than 1 network in case an affiliate had a preference for 1. The minuses of a network is just something you deal with, i look more for a good merchant that converts and pay. If they do that i don't care what network they're with.

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on May 05, 2003 at 12:58 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Linkshare, CJ, Befree and Performics all have good points and bad points. I use all 4 as an affiliate. I am in the process of building 4 new sites, each one dedicated to those 4 networks. I want to see which one really will be the best for me.
    I use petmeds at Linkshare, and have had some success (something like $70 commission) so the minimum payment isn't an issue with me.
    If you want to choose between CJ and Linkshare, you are going to get a lot of people who are going to prefer CJ, because of their consolidated payments.
    I personally prefer Linkshare

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

CJ has real time stats - its kind of nice to see that, rather then waiting 24 or 48 or 72 hrs. I am a member of the 1800PetMeds program at Linksahare, good program, great conversion, the only bugga boo I have is waiting for the stats.

Abigail

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread