ABW Ambassador
    Excuse me LINKSHARE , but that sentence is getting very OLD and LAME!

Do you just sit and wait and WAIT and WAIT for eternity ?

Sorry to come across so snippy, but you have some merchants that haven't paid in many , many MONTHS ! Many of them are supposed to pay once per month, when accounts reach $25 .

What kind of calender do you operate on ?
    Geez.... The way I see it, a month is a MONTH, plus an additional week or two for processing payments, etc.

Do you even have payment deadlines for your advertisers ? If so, how long is it ? A YEAR ? Six months ?

My mistake for not checking payment history BEFORE building sales pages of product links to one particular merchant . What a waste of my time... If it becomes a good converting sales page, I can expect .. What ? My first payment next Christmas ?

I know this late payment crap has got to be more frustrating to you than to your affiliates,
    but can't you see that it is way past time to lay down some new rules here ?

I say give them a reasonable, yet firm cutoff / deactivation date , and stick to it .

Done venting .

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well sometimes the merchant's who consider sales as accidents that happen along the advertising highway are reluctant to divy up commissions. Your can almost hear they saying to the LS bill collector ..."I'll send in the LS neetwork fees right away, but I need more time to poor over the sales looking for reversals and figuring out how some BHO affiliates are escaping our diversion traps."

Some like 1-800-Wheelchairs have never had to pay since they might not even both reporting sales. Those who show "no payment required" mean no affiliate reached minimum. Others like Dell and Walmart have no excuses so they basically never communicate with the lowly affiliate. Now Brooks Brothers might have requested their payment history file be left blank since November.

Current winner of non-paying LS merchants...
    1391 ImprovementsCatalog.com (HSN Improvements, LLC) Payment for August Received on Oct 24, 2002 September= Awaiting Payment Oct=Awaiting Payment Nov=Awaiting Payment Dec=Awaiting Payment Jan=Awaiting Payment

Did they remodel LS offices or is someone in accounting having an affair with their AM.....ROLMAO

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Mike,
    ImprovementsCatalog.com is the store I was just refering to when I said I just wasted my time on and built pages for .

Grrrrr....

Nice to know they are the WORST of the non-paying LS merchants, because any WORSE than that would be so pathetic and disgusting that the mere sight of their logo would be nauseating.

Lisa I'm really amazed that LS hasn't pulled the plug on them by now. You can get points at F'dcompany.com forcasting their demise.

Now would someone at LS care to explain why Walmart hasn't even bothered to pay for December sales commissions. Seems they also aren't recording sales as their conversion ratio went from 1/70 to 1/1200 since the 1st of the year. Maybe they thought only the parasites were actively promoting them so they can delay payments.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Oddly enough one of my merchants still says "awaiting payment" but I just got the cheque today. It would help matters if Linkshare would update the pages better because I sent an email just yesterday to the merchant asking what the problem was.

A woman is like a tea bag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water

We are affected as well.

Who is in charge of collecting the money? Linkshare or the Affiliates?

The Program States LINKSHARE.

Question to Linkshare: Did you send the outstanding commission to be paid already to a bill collecting company?

Should we inform the Better Business Bureau or are you doing it?

When do you incorporate consolidated payments for merchants who decide to let you send out the checks? Collect the money in advance for those merchants and mark merchants who decide to send out the checks themself.

Where is your sense of business?
    I don't know, but payment terms of 180+ Days were may be common in the 1920's.

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    Shop-Links.net

If you can't move things, try harder!

ABW Ambassador
    I figured this is the best thread to bring this up.

I got a phone call this morning from ImprovementsCatalog.com . The guy I spoke with was , I think , honestly stumped when I told him WHY I cut off sales /traffic and pulled the links so quick .

I did this as soon as I realized (according to Linkshare reports) , their payment history- which showed "Linkshare awaiting merchant payment " since Sept 2002 .

The guy I spoke to seemed shocked that they were even listed under "Linkshare payment processing" , and he swore that they have been sending out monthly payments ever since the program began - themself !

He also said that he would contact Linkshare and straighten this out as soon as he got off the phone with me .

Just now, when I checked again at Linkshare , they are NO LONGER listed on the report of merchants using Linkshare payment processing , or, awaiting any payment from Linkshare .

Apparantly, this could have been a HUGE error , giving the poor merchant the wrong impression of a "deadbeat" that doesn't pay .

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and going back on with them , because they did convert well for those few days , and I would suggest that anyone that avoided promoting them because of this payment issue , contact Linkshare and don't be as skeptical as I was !

I would imagine that ImprovementsCatalog is giving Linkshare some grief right now

See why it is importants to view my rants at AM's and networks. I should get paid for alerts and even e-mailed HomeImprovements about this issue since January. Even replied to some e-mail promo about they need to clean up their act before they deserve more exposure. More merchants have to pay attention at LS to the moves Overstock made to get commissions promptly paid.

The crap put out about major retailer partners like Dell and walmart showing 30 day payments and cutting checks every 90 days should cease. Who can possibly be too busy to come to ABW if they run an affiliate program?? Lurk and learn!

Mike & Charlie ...

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Lisa and Mike -

I have spoken with my team member who works with Improvementscatalog.com. This merchant was incorrectly listed in our system as using LinkShare to distribute affiliate payments. Improvementscatalog.com works with EComWorks to distribute affiliate payments, which have been distributed in a timely manner according to the merchant's program terms. Please see the payment schedule below:

Invoice Period Payment Date
    Sept. 2002 Nov. 30, 2002
    Oct. 2002 Dec. 31, 2002
    Nov. 2002 Jan. 31, 2003
    Dec. 2002 Feb. 28, 2003
    Jan. 2003 Mar. 31, 2003
    Feb. 2003 Apr. 30, 2003

LinkShare is working to update Improvementscatalog.com's payment history in our system to accurately reflect when affiliate payments were sent, and your individual Payment Reports should reflect this information soon.

We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions about your individual payments, please contact the merchant directly at info@improvementsaffiliates.com.

Thanks,
    Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for clearing that up, Sarah !

It's a shame that this little " HUGE" discrepancy has gone on for so long in the reports . I can ony imagine how many affiliates avoided this advertiser for that "seemingly" darn good reason .

Just a suggestion... You might want to make this Correction KNOWN to the rest of the network that doesn't visit ABestWeb in your next newsletter .
    I think they (ImprovementsCatalog) deserves at least that much of a gesture on Linkshare's part !

Have a great day !

ABW Ambassador
    I personally have been put off them due to the reports showing that they haven't paid for a long time.
    I will make sure I do more to promote them now!
    What a terrible mistake.
    Who is responsible?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread