ABW Ambassador
    Anyone work with them, any experience...They were at CJ and just migrated to Linkshare...

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Survey Man:
    Anyone work with them, any experience...They were at CJ and just migrated to Linkshare...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I signed up with them when they were at Commission Junction. Not a good fit for a coupon site, however--their merchandise is quite high-priced. Had 'em up for around 6 months, and didn't make a single sale.

I liked them when they were at CJ, though, because a single sale would get paid out. I don't know the details of their LinkShare program, but I'd rather not wait until I have $25 or so in commissions to get paid.

Just my personal experience.

Michael

ABW Ambassador
    Come to think of it, I have only made 2 sales in about 4-5 months...Strange that they convert so poorly.

ABW Ambassador
    i made a few sales with them on Cj, and have now had my first sale at linkshare.

They are a funny converter, but so is most of the baby stores.

Hello everyone,

My name's Matt Kritzer, I'm General Manager over here at Jordan Marie. I saw this thread and just thought I'd chime in with a few thoughts. We have recently moved our Affiliate Program to LinkShare. Additionally, we have selected EComWorks to manage our affiliate program. Many of you may be familiar with them, as they manage the affiliate programs for The Disney Store, Cooking.com and Ice.com. We're very excited about teaming up with EComWorks, as they will be able to give our affiliates the attention they deserve.

While conversion rates for the baby category are lower than in some other categories, it's important to note that sales in this category are typically higher than in other categories that convert better. In particular, the average sale at Jordan Marie is $70. I looked up Tamalyn's stats from last year and discovered that she converted 1.35% of her traffic. Not too shabby, and with better placement, I think she would really be driving some sales

We've done a tremendous amount of work recently in upgrading our site. We're really excited about two new product categories that we've added. Our baby basket section is dynamite. These gifts fly off the shelves at our retail stores and are doing great on the website. Also, we've posted brand new images of our girls Christening gowns. I think you'll agree that the presentation of the girls gowns is one of the nicest online. I encourage our affiliates to create product links with one of our baby basket images and girls Christening gown images. If you haven't visited us recently, please do so at www.jordanmarie.com.

While we do not offer many coupons, our new customer coupon is very popular (15% off orders over $70 for first time buyers). Additionally, we always offer free shipping on every order over $100.

If you would like to sign up for our affiliate program, please visit our program at www.babyaffiliates.com. If you have any questions, please either post them here or email me. We look forward to continued success with all of you!

Best Regards,

Matt Kritzer
    JordanMarie.com
    mkritzer@mindspring.com

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt Kritzer - Jordanmarie.com:
    Additionally, we have selected EComWorks to manage our affiliate program. Many of you may be familiar with them, as they manage the affiliate programs for The Disney Store, Cooking.com and Ice.com. We're very excited about teaming up with EComWorks, as they will be able to give our affiliates the attention they deserve.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't normally get into this issue, but I felt compelled today.

ecomworks: http://www.ecomworks.com/alliances/

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Pete you and I sure think on the same wave lengths. Cooking.com got deactivated twice. Once for non-payment and then for no explained reason. Disney Store and the others all reguire over 300 clicks to show a single sale unless your a hijacking BHO parasite. Matt must have loved their Opt-out e-mail spamming campaigns designed to overwrite normal affiliate cookies.

Why didn't Matt come here first and stir up some opinions on professional affiliate management services. Someone other than me might want to name one professionally 3rd party managed affiliate program that converts. Take a look at the results of migrating to two different management firms by Walmart.

Sales and Activity Report

1/1/2003 - 5/9/2003

Merchant Name Impressions Click-Throughs C/I(%) # of Orders # of Items # of Items Canceled O/C(%) Sales($) Commissions($)
    Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC 313,001 clicks=2,829 0.90% sales=3 6 0 0.11% $329.80 commission=$17.14 ...bet the parasites got 500.00 out of my traffic.

Between those 2 outsourced managers the local Walmart group ran a unplugged program and for 2 months converted at a steady 1/60 ratio.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

[This message was edited by Haiko on June 05, 2003 at 12:04 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Guys, though some of these issues may be true let us not be too hasty...Have you bother to discuss this with Matt first...I mean before "going off"?

I have to agree that our performance with Ecom Works has been less than lackluster with each and every partner we have worked with that they manage, from Disny Store on down the line. Perhaps you will see this on your end too as a merchant but if what these gentlemen are stating is true, you will not.

Why don't you give Matt a list of parasitic affiliates to avoid, perhaps he could work with Ecom Works to that end?

ABW Ambassador
    thanks Matt

Since you have moved to Linkshare, i have made a lot more sales! and no, i have not moved my links!
    351 180 51.28% 5 8 1 2.78% $194.85 commission $17.54

so maybe i will start adding some more links, now i am converting better!

Tamalyn

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tamalyn:
    Since you have moved to Linkshare, i have made a lot more sales! and no, i have not moved my links!

Tamalyn<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am having just the opposite experience. Since they moved to Linkshare my sales have dropped. Begining to wonder if they are not tracking, aligned with a Parasite or whatever.

At any rate, if things do not pick up - links are going to be pulled.

Vicki

But if the arrow is straight and the point is slick,
    It can pierce through dust no matter how thick. dylan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I am having just the opposite experience. Since they moved to Linkshare my sales have dropped. Begining to wonder if they are not tracking, aligned with a Parasite or whatever. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too . . . sales down big time since the move to LS . . . bad move JM.com!

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread