If PetfoodDirect is at performics, how come I have $677.59 in non-commissionable sales for them showing in my linkshare reports for this year to date?

Did they forget who they are with? In the reports it has the {*} in front of their name to show they are discontinued, which I know, as I have Performics links up for them.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    Connie, yes it is true that Petfooddirect is @ performics...And they too owe us money as I would guess most of the affiliates here who partnered with them via linkshare.

You actually joined them at performics? I did not do so because they still owe us money from Linkshare, last year. I believe they paid last May or something and the program terminated in September or October...

Connie, I wrote Performics and they asked for my invoce for what was owed to me. They told me they are working on resolving the issue and they had had many notes. Write your contact at Performics. I was amazed that they are dealing with this but I am guessing not many people have signed up as a result of unpaid earnings.

But I don't understand how if I have Performics links up, and they aren't with Linkshare, why do I have Non-Commissionable sales showing up for them in my Linkshare reports for this month? They have not been with Linkshare this month, and I never had any links up for them from Linkshare this month. They shouldn't be showing up in my Linkshare reports for this month at all.
    So why are they reporting Non-Commissionable sales for me in Linkshare this month?

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

Connie,

Some shoppers actually click on links in cached pages at Google instead of going to your current site. You may still have PetFoodDirect links sitting out there in a cache page.

I have had this happen to me with discontinued merchants on CJ as well. I discovered this because I use a tracker that tells me where a shopper came from.

Gene
    TCS

I hadn't had PetfoodDirect up for months. I checked the google cache of my pages and they do not show up.
    I did check some other stores that are no longer at linkshare in the cache, and it goes to the standard linkshare error page. So I don't think they would have shopped that way. Besides, the sale wouldn't have tracked for a discontinued merchant.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

Connie, what's the reason for the non-commissionable sales? Could be that the customer had your cookie in the browser, the cookie has expired, but the sale still got recorded by LS. Just a guess.

Some were for Return days, some for Bad - Cancelled orders and a couple were for the discount coupons.

I don't think PFD had 4 month cookies.

The dates range from 2-6 to 2-10

I show sales on some of those same days in my Performics reports.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    Return days is obvious.. well.. possibly.. what websurfer said.. as long as the cookie hadnt expired, but, it was past the return days... (?)

There is actually a non commissionable Reason called "discount coupons" ? wtf.. we dont get credit with PFD if someone uses a coupon?

I switched their links to performics, but, maybe I should just delete them.

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are being paid commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertising, and your targeted mailings?

You get credit for sales using coupons, but the coupon amount is deducted. The amount of the coupon is non-commissionable.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    Anne - Who is the Performics contact for PetFoodDirect? I will do this and see if they can get this money paid...

I have emailed the VP of Marketing there and it has been almost 4 weeks with only two responses and nothing ever gets paid....

ABW Ambassador
    Connie - ahh. thanks.

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are being paid commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertising, and your targeted mailings?

VERY strange.. Connie I just checked my non-comm and I have almost $2000 since their program folded, two as recently as the 8th of THIS MONTH. I have not had links up to their site in ages either.

I will find the contact person for performics and repost.

The contact person at performics is Mickey. I assume I cannot post his email here, but if you can write me off this board I will send it to you.

I got his email when he sent me a note to take down some codes. Thanks though Anne.

I have ya beat. I have $4,011.84 in Non-Commiss. for them since they folded. And I know they were not in my database, so it wasn't from stray links somewhere.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    I too have some revenue going through the non-commissioned report, not much but we never did much with them as they never paid us EVER. After about 2-3 months with no check, we can new merchants...

Still, it would be nice to get the money that is owed while we did...

I can't believe Performics accepted Pet Food Direct into their affiliate network knowing they left their affiliates high and dry in Linkshare. A reputable affiliate network should protect their affiliates regardless of which network or companies we represent.

I'll bet almost every affilate here belongs to Linkshare and Performics, thus we're affected by the actions of both.

Performics and the other networks should reject any merchant who leaves another network in bad standing, such as Pet Food Diredct has done leaving six months of unpaid commissions.

I will write Performics and let them know my opinion and I hope everyone here will do the same.

ABW Ambassador
    A Follow-up to this... How well is everyone doing @ performics w/ PetFoodDirect.com? Converting well and are they paying???

Hello
    I like them, doing ok.. better than PETsMART

ABW Ambassador
    Wouldnt think they'd do well on an adult site.

----
    -JM
    When you're down It's a long way up
    When you're up It's a long way down

everyone needs to feed their pets

Well, if you want to keep a pet-related Linkshare merchant, how about 1-800-PetMeds? I'm slowly trying to turn this program around - getting rid of parasites, I've got a private offer for Abestweb members, and adding IPL's this week!

(Trying the power of suggestion)...

You want to give us a try, don't you?

-Mail me

Alex Irvin
    Affiliate Program Director
    1800petmeds.com

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread