Back on 3/26, I made a test purchase at Drugstore.com because a friend casually mentioned he bought something there through my site. I never got a commission so I tried it myself. I made a small purchase and, low and behold, No commission again. I submitted a transaction inquiry on 4/5 and nothing happened there. On 05/05 I sent a letter to Linkshare, and of course, no answer there either. On 5/12, I sent a second notice to Linkshare, and finally someone answered me and said they'd look into it.

Well, I know it's only the 15th, but you'd think with an inquiry that old, someone on either side would expedite it but noooooo.

Just wanted to complain, not getting much of anything from LinkShare or Drugstore.com. Anyone else having problems with them??

Thanks for letting me rant!!

Janet

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go 'round and 'round...John Lennon

Hey, we're happy to investigate any inquiries into missing commissions. (I don't recall getting an email from anyone named Janet.) Please send the order numbers in question to us directly at associates@drugstore.com. We'll check them out ASAP.

Cheers,

drugstore.com affiliate manager

Hello Drugstore.com affiliate manager,

Please check your transaction inquiries that are submitted by affiliates. We can do this for all LinkShare merchants. We input the sale amount, date, orderID, and a note if we so desire. So depending on how it's actualized in LinkShare's merchant side, you should see that and be able to act on it. I'm sure your LinkShare rep will be able to help you.

Hello Janet,

I had this problem, too. I bought a couple of times through my Drugstore.com affiliate links. Nothing. Sumitted inquiry. Nothing.

However, I then read their terms. Seems that Drugstore.com does not commission on personal orders. I'm not sure how they match up your personal order back to your affiliate account, but it's there in the terms.

I've had other non-personal orders track without a problem, so you probably don't have to worry about tracking.

Cheers.

Thanks Affiliate Guy! That answers my questions regarding my test purchase. That really bites them not paying on personal purchases. Should have read the fine print. Guess I can replace this merchant now. And thanks for educating Drugstore Affiliate Manager on the transaction inquiry system. (no wonder it's still listed as unresolved)

Oh and Drugstore.com Affiliate Manager, Yes, as a matter of fact, you did get an email from someone named Janet. You sent me back a very impersonal reply stating it was not your issue and I needed to take up tracking issues with Linkshare. Wish I had a copy to send you but I don't.

Thanks again Affiliate Guy!

Janet

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go 'round and 'round...John Lennon

Sure thing, Janet. Drugstore.com's worth keeping, though, for they have a good $3 "new customer bounty". That, plus the 10% commission means a pretty good kick back to you.

Right now, they have a $5 off $20 for new customers. That should help you get those bounties nice and quick. On top of that, they offer free shipping to consumers on all non-presecription orders $49 or more.

Those are just the facts, but in my eyes, that adds up to a merchant worth keeping.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread