The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Before I go on my rant, I want to know how many of us was forced to move from the art.com affiliate program to the one run by linkshare? I have been informed that a few people haven't been forced, those can ignore this message, I just want to know who has been forced?

Mike

ABW Ambassador
    Kind of off-topic (sorry!). I've tried working with Art.com, but just can't get them to respond. I e-mailed them regarding commission rates and datafeeds, and was ignored. I haven't closed my account yet, but that step may not be too far off.

Michael

I'm trying to get a herd of us. When art.com changed, they said that linkshare has better reporting, which I suppose is true, since one of the reports is non-commission sales. It seems my non-commission sales is 3 times my commission sales (due to cookie expiration). This is pissing me off so much, I'm planning on cutting off my nose to spite my face and cancel them all together. But I want all of us to do it at the same time and force them to either change or have a substantial drop in their bottom line.

Mike
    Bovine Bazaar

ABW Ambassador
    Yes we gladly switched to LS .. still kept old commission levels. The cookie duration, and seeing "(4) Return Days Exceeded" sucks! yes.

However, wasn't the duration only 1 day before too?

Are you in the old commission offer (with only 1 return day), or the new lower commission offer with 10 return days?

ABW Ambassador
    I am on the new program and 25% of my sales are non-commish due to return days exceeded.

The old cookie duration was infinite. Now its 1 day. As I said b4 3/4s of my sales are non-commissionable now. I also removed art.com name from every part of my site. The point is for me to make a commission now, I only want them to go to art.com when they are ready to buy. What I probably should do is put prices on my site too so they won't bother clicking until then also.

Mike
    Bovine Bazaar
    Cow and horse gifts and collectibles

ABW Ambassador
    Damn. I didnt realize it was infinite (??) before.

ABW Ambassador
    We were forced to change to linkshare, well I was anyway, they opened my linkshare account, which is different to the one i already use, and i now do not get commission or the comission i already had in my account at art.com on any of my links that may still be up somewhere on my huge site!

I think it stinks!

Its actually harder to set up links now with linkshare that it was with their own inhouse program.
    I liked how you could before search select thumnails and have the html generated for you to have those images in tables with your affiliate links like that.
    Now you have to search image by image for things often. Its inefficient and inferior to what was in place before, not to mention all those links that have to be changed.
    I still remember Art.com requiring a faxed or mailed w9 form. You just couldn't give them the data online like everyone else. The fax number they gave me for this did not even work so I had to snail mail them the form.
    As a general rule every program that requires you to fax or mail in a w9 has not lasted or performed for me. Requring such rather than allowing the data to be entered online is a mark of an inefficent affiliate program.

OnlineSoldier.com

The webmaster's guide to the war which is the web. Analyze monetization, visitor retention, and promotion.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your feedback. Since partnering with LinkShare, Art.com is able to offer return days in addition to commission. Prior to our migration, we did not offer return days.

In addition, no account balances were lost. All affiliates were either mailed a check or their balance was moved to their LinkShare account. If you have any questions about your previous account balance, please send us an email with the subject line “Art.com previous balance.” We will be more than happy to help you move this balance to an account you use more frequently.

We are truly working to help our sales partners achieve their goals. And we welcome you to email us anytime when you have questions and concerns such as these.

Thanks,

Casey Moore
    Art.com
    affiliates@art.com

I ditched art.com in favor of three art affiliates on cj. I was so mad that month after month my uncommissioned sales doubled or more my commissioned sales that I said. Hey, I'f i'm not getting the month, then you aren't getting the money either.

This with the fact that I emailed them 3 times about this matter and they never once replied. I was them al awful long time. Over 4 years when they was allwalls.com. But I will not put up with being ripped off. These morons changed from their own inhouse with was easy to use to linkshare and it cost me $100s in commissions.

My last month with Art.com had 4 commissioned orders, amounting to sales of 259.26 and commissions of $51.85
    My noncommissioned sales for that same period
    I sold 50 items amounting to sales of $484.00 with commssions obviously of $0 (should ahve been $101.64). I saw this and I canceled immediately, took down all my links, even before finding a replacement and sent them an email.

---------------------------------------
    Thank you for your feedback. Since partnering with LinkShare, Art.com is able to offer return days in addition to commission. Prior to our migration, we did not offer return days.
    ---------------------------------------
    This is also a lie, before the migration, return days was unlimited (infinite), I know this for a fact. Unless they changed it without telling me. I remember it was unlimited b/c it was the only merchant I had that had an unlimited cookie duration.

----------------------------------------
    In addition, no account balances were lost. All affiliates were either mailed a check or their balance was moved to their LinkShare account.
    ----------------------------------------
    This statement is true, as far as I know they paid up from the old program. It did take for 4 months to do it through.

-----------------------------------------
    We are truly working to help our sales partners achieve their goals. And we welcome you to email us anytime when you have questions and concerns such as these.
    -------------------------------------------

BTW, before the conversion, they was a nice company, they actually phoned me twice to see if they could help me. Now they won't even return emails. So what she is saying is a lie.

Mike
    Bovine Bazaar
    Cow gifts and collectibles

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Art.com needs to use the DHTML auto-rotating creatives feature. That plus showcase Ads like ClearwaterCreeks and Overstock would help get more affiliates giving them larger exposure.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I've had 100% improvements on reporting using Art.com at Linkshare vs. their inhouse.

Liz

With my best,

Liz
    http://Styleforfree.com

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread