ABW Ambassador
    OK, maybe I am the last person to know this but, when you log in to the program controls for a merchant, it tells you what commission level you are on. Can you select any of the commission payment structures listed? I was checking several merchants and it appears that for a lot of them there are higher commissions available than the one I was defaulted on when I joined.... Can we select any option or do we have to wait for a merchant to offer a different rate?

Or, does the fact that I have several to choose from indicate a merchant has offered it to me (even if I did not get notificiation).

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by perfectG:
    Or, does the fact that I have several to choose from indicate a merchant has offered it to me (even if I did not get notificiation).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would seem that this is the case. If it will let you select another payment structure, go for it!

Michael

ABW Ambassador
    It is a crazy (and unfair) way to do things. I went through every merchant a while back and lots were offering higher commissions than the one I was in. I upgraded them all, with no problems.
    If they are showing up, then you must be able to choose the better offers

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

one thing you will want to do if you upgrade your program level with a merchant in linkshare:
    After about an hour after changing your offer, go in to get links and the offerid in you link will have changed.
    If you don't make sure you have the correct offerid in your link, you risk not getting the commission increase.
    I know some of us check our offer id's often and find that tracking seems to be affected if you don't have the correct offerid.

Connie

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks, Connie. I never would have suspected that! Looks like I need to go through all my LinkShare merchants and verify their URLs!

Michael

That is one of the first things I check if I notice a decrease in sales with any linkshare merchants. Usually takes care of the problem for a while, til they change again.
    Never trust those emails that say you don't need to change your links!
    It is the offerid that tells the merchant what to pay you.

Connie Berg

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Connie

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

Connie,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I know some of us check our offer id's often and find that tracking seems to be affected if you don't have the correct offerid.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm, I wonder if that is why I dropped from almost 1000.00 a month with Linkshare to just a little over 100.00 a month now. I sure hope not

Coincidence Me baby!

Affiliate Programs That Just Might Work

This might explain why two programs that had an increased commission offer last month before converting back to their normal one are making me 95% less this month

Mark Mitford
    RevShares.com
    Solutions for Affiliate Program Managers

ABW Ambassador
    Connie,

Are you sure about that? I thought that myself at one time, but, I thought I also figured out that that does not change. I have linkshare links that are 4 years old... :|

In fact I know I've not changed links when opting in to a different offer for some merchants, and, still got the higher % in my reports.

Hmm..

----
    -JM
    When you're down It's a long way up
    When you're up It's a long way down

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Or, does the fact that I have several to choose from indicate a merchant has offered it to me (even if I did not get notificiation).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uck. I really hate that. Happens to me all the time... I've tried to go through all merchants, I really have, but, its too tedious. I wish there was some aggregate view of all merchants and offers available.

----
    -JM
    When you're down It's a long way up
    When you're up It's a long way down

It has not happened with all merchants, but it does with others, and not all the time. So I go in once a month and make sure all my offer id's are correct to be safe. Just pay attention when you put up new links if the offer id's are different.
    This has been tested and sales have gone up dramatically with some stores when the offerid is corrected.
    So if you have stores you normally make sales for but it drops off, check your offerids.
    Doesn't hurt anything to have the correct one!

Connie Berg

ABW Ambassador
    Interesting. Thanks. Time to do an audit of all of those. fun.

Hi all,

It's fairly easy to keep on top of new/better offers from merchants by reading the Deal Dispatch email from LinkShare. The thing is huge and contains a lot of consumer offers, but the latter part of it has affiliate offers, like announcements about better deal terms. In addition to emailing it, they post it in the Resource Center, too.

As for JM's comment:

"I wish there was some aggregate view of all merchants and offers available."

I second that!

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread