1st thread:
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=2886059433

2nd instance thru my drugstore affiliate link:

And the ultimate click-thru of the above:

With my best,

Liz
    http://Styleforfree.com

ABW Ambassador
    Have you told anyone besides here? Perhaps an awakening might be bestowed upon Drugstore.com and a cattle prod to Linksnare

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Get while the getting's good

Yeah, if Drugstore.com ends their partnership with WhenU, they'll make a fortune from all the Tums and Aspirin the WhenU management will need.

When the big sites kick these parasitic leeches to the curb, it makes a BIG impression on everyone.

Let's hope that Drugstore.com wakes up soon.

Bryan,

I've spent a good deal of time informing stores and networks of the sudden WhenU rampage. My local townie people are even complaining about the pop-ups and don't know why they're seeing them 15+ times a day.

Will something get done about it? I'll look at the glass as half-full and am pleased to see a few select merchants taking action. After all...these pop-ups are re-directing their customers to other competitors. WhenU pop-ups on Buy.com are leading their customers to Half.com. The most effective means has been informing non-affiliated stores/websites -- they're very eager to learn about this.

I almost forgot...this started happening a few hours before I downloaded Alexa's new toolbar with the new pop-up blocker. Curiously, the toolbar is effectively blocking the store's pop-ups...but not WhenU's

With my best,

Liz

Linkshare #3

Popped up thru my REI Link while I was checking their Deal of the Day:

With my best,

Liz

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    MasterBaiters sure get a kickout of taking some lame merchant like REI and make sure the pay a higher commission rate on all sales. Bookmark that shoe page and WhenU owns the bookmark and the customer for the followup e-mail camapaign links. All without lifting a finger beyond scheming to infest the endusers system.

The stupid advertising mindset at it's best. REI enters some standard special into WhenU's autoload database. Then negotiate to pay double the normal commission rate PLUS the cost of the damn coupon.....only to find WhenU popping up the offer on their own web site. Priceless how some of these merchant AM's all graduated off of the same "short bus".

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

It will be interesting to see how long it takes LinkShare, with its "stricter" CoC, to drop WhenU. This looks like a violation to me. Time will tell.

Andy

"If you were born to be shot, you'll never be hung." -Unknown

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    It's fun and informative to read thru the ABW archieves. Haiko must reserve all the book and movie rights.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    For those of you who may not click Connie's link, it's the thread announcing the LS dropped Whenu. I think they've been dropped a couple of months now.

I would imagine these types of pop ups are part of the reason that whenu was dropped. They failed to come into compliance with the LS addendum. LS has no control over whenu popping up on the merchant's site. In situations like these, the offense should probably be addressed with the specific merchant.

I went to the rei site and got the same pop on the first try. I clicked the whenu pop, and no LS affiliate tracking code was present.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread