I've been sending a lot of clicks to Target lately and was surprised that the actual sales were very little compared to clicks.

Then I checked "Non-commissonable order" reports only to see a bunch of Target sales sitting in there with "Retun-days exceeded". It's their miserable 3-day cookie.

Yes, I should've been more careful before promoting them but I'm writing this tio advise you to stay away from Target.com until they bring in a decent cookie duration.

SamBay- thanks for the info. Target Dropped! 3 day cookie no good for me!

xtremeshopping.org inc.
    Reaching a goal in affiliate marketing? View mine: http://www.xtremeshopping.org/mygoal.html

Jason
    Santa Cruz

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    All major branded merchants fall into the "don not promote" category. They are advertisers ...not sales partners and all deal with parasites and have crap for return day cookies.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Target was good for a while. Then their direct links stopped working, and the program has been neglected and a total Linkshare joke since.

If Linkshare and Target don't care, why should we? A big player, and LS is blowing it big time.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All -

My team member who works with Targer/Fields.com asked me to post the following message on the merchant's behalf:

Hello everyone!

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and to address some of the recent postings. My name is John Hobson and I currently manage the online advertising efforts at Target and Marshall Fields.

About a week ago, some of you may have noticed problems with our links. Due to technical upgrades to the Target and Fields.com site, we experienced some technical difficulties with our landing pages. We have confirmed that all tracking of transactions remained intact and continued to report successfully during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and have resolved the problem to ensure that it does not occur again in the future. I appreciate the prompt feedback that we received from affiliates regarding this and hope that you continue to provide feedback for any technical difficulties you encounter.

Our affiliate programs launched in November with great success and I want to thank you for your efforts. Building on last year's Q4, we have had a strong start to 2003. Based on our programs' continued success and on feedback we've received from our partners, we are currently reviewing our program structure and plan to roll out a few changes in June. Your sales success is important to our program success, and we are committed to creating strong affiliate programs that keep your sales in mind. Look for exciting changes to come!

Thank you for being valued Target and Fields.com affiliates and we look forward to our continued partnership with you. For additional questions and feedback, please feel free to contact me directly at: john.hobson@target.com.

John Hobson
    Online Advertising
    john.hobson@target.com

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and have resolved the problem to ensure that it does not occur again in the future. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>standard crap.
    Either BOOST your cookie or be gone

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Get while the getting's good

I second that, Cyclone. Target is apparently a big fan of free advertising.

"Merchant with no cookie get no clicky"

Thanks for information.

Rosalind Gardner earned $436,797 in 2002 by promoting only affiliate programs. She reveals ALL her secrets step by step in her Super Affiliate Handbook (267 pages) www.renio.biz/rosalind/

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    If they and Walmart keep it up ....not even the BHO's will want to waste popups on them.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    I put any bricka and mortar store down on my list, 3 day cookie - ugh. Almost as bad as Oksars constant no info posts just to spam her link.

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    Target is on Ebates list. No clickee's from my site ... that's right, not one click ... not a chance!

ABW Ambassador
    John (from Target & Fields),

If you want to have a program which the majority of the affiliates will prefer join,

a) Increase the cookie duration
    b) Get rid off (too many) ways to avoid paying us. For example, Fields, Target, Marvyn's (and Amazon) appear to a visitor as one integrated site. Why not pay us for all sales, no matter whether the visitor bought from Fields and the click-through was from target and vice-versa.
    c) Evaluate your relationship with ebates and other "parasite" driven sites.

KC

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread