<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The Demand alleges that "Despite their obligations under the agreement, and despite the ready availability of methods to implement those obligations (and a requirement that they do so), J&R failed to honor their obligations to EComWorks (and to Affiliates), by failing and refusing to track sales completed by phone or other means, and by failing and refusing to pay commissions on such sales.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Full Story here

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

OMG, I didn't know J&R has troubles paying affilates... No one warn me when I join J&R (Linkshare)...

ABW Ambassador
    I just got a phone call from a rep at LinkShare asking me to join J&R. Thanks to ABW, I turned him down.

Michael

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Don't blame me ...I warned the board about them many times as I pulled down most of my links to J&R.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Hello from J&R -

We want to thank you for a being a valued part of the J&R LinkShare Affiliate Program and we thought that we should comment briefly on
    recent press release posted on ABestWeb which was released by our former partner, EComWorks. In a continuing effort to bring you the best, most
    effective, and most profitable affiliate partnership possible, we are pleased to announce that at the start of April 2003 we have transferred the day-to-day management of our program to LinkShare, our trusted partner. Our expanded relationship with Linkshare reflects our continued and dedicated commitment to our LinkShare Affiliate Program and our resolve to grow and to accurately and timely pay all affiliate commissions.

Beginning with commissions for April sales, LinkShare will process all of our affiliate commission payments. We are making every effort to get April affiliate payments distributed by the end of the month. Moving forward, J&R's affiliate payments will be
    distributed approximately 6 weeks after the month the transactions occurred.

We appreciate your patience and look forward to continuing our relationship with you. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us directly at jandraffiliates@linkshare.com

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for coming by Debra but regardless if linkshare pays or not, it seems the J&R site does much to undermine the process where an affiliate can get credit for a sale.

Playing games with consumers to get them to email and or call to get a price seems less than an effective method of closing a sale and even if it is effective, you still leave the affiliate promoting you out in the cold with them not being rewarded for their marketing.

I never swapped your links out when Ecomworks stopped managing your program and instead just pulled them. It was a very easy decision for me to do so as well.

We appreciate your concerns related to proper affiliate payments and tracking methods. J&R prides itself on fair and accurate affiliate tracking. In fact, in response to affiliate concerns surrounding J&R’s “Get Latest Price” feature, LinkShare tested the functionality in August of 2002 and found that it does not impact credit to the referring affiliate. Please refer to the following posting for more details:

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?q=Y&a=...9&m=250604789&

After LinkShare conducted testing on the “Get Latest Price” feature we still found that there was some confusion out there related to the functionality of the feature. As a result, we decided to remove the feature and replace it with Peek A Boo Pricing. Our Peek-a-Boo technology allows customers to request a lower price for an item once the item is placed in their shopping cart. In this way, customers can request JandR's lowest price without an interruption in the purchasing process. This new technology will help increase the conversion to sale because the customer is able to receive JandR's lowest price for an item during the purchasing process.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Peek-a-Boo Technology
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our Peek-a-Boo technology allows customers to request a lower price for an item once the item is placed in their shopping cart. In this way, customers can request JandR's lowest price without an interruption in the purchasing process. This new technology will help increase the conversion to sale because the customer is able to receive JandR's lowest price for an item during the purchasing process.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Free Shipping Incentive
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If a customer sees a JandR item temporarily out of stock and they decide to order the item, JandR will ship the product for FREE as soon as it arrives! The order will be prioritized once JandR receives the item, and the customer's credit card will only be charged when the order is shipped.

Regards
    Debra

ABW Ambassador
    They really have improved the 'get lower price' feature.

Now that ecomworks is out, we will be able see whether it was the merchant or affiliate management firm drawing in all the parasites to grab our commissions. I hope the improvements continue.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Looks like a new AM is listening to the little folks that turn the wheels of ecommerce. Nice ideas to convert more traffic.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Debra @ J&R,

Could you tell us when you will send the May cheque?

Thanks!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread