Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This is getting a tad frustrating, getting turned down by a merchant due to the fact I am not residing in the USA.
    He told me since I am Canadian therefore all my traffic is Canadian, how he came to that conclusion I'll never know..
    Seems a few fries short of a meal..
    Umm 98% of my traffic is USA based, how to get around this with some merchants, found that a few will automatically refuse even without checking the site, just because of where you live.
    Any idea why?

Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible..

Talk to the merchants directly, persistance can pay off....

John

Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.

www.teampb.com

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ladyboss:
    He told me since I am Canadian therefore all my traffic is Canadian, how he came to that conclusion I'll never know..

Ladyboss,

I invite you to join our US and Canadian program and send us all your traffic..

Canadian or US, all is welcomed !!

Our Canadian affiliate program will be opening very soon - before the end of the month...

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com

Tiger Affiliates earned over $425,000 in 2002 by promoting only the TigerDirect affiliate program. Andy reveals ALL their secrets step by step in his Super ABW Forum (9979 posts) www.tigeraffiliates.com

Parasite Free in 2003!

John,
    I exchanged a few emails with one merchant and he was still insisting that all my traffic was not US based, since I don't live in the USA.
    Another one approved me, I put up links, then 2 weeks later I get an email saying I'd been dropped due to demographics, only USA publishers,well fine, told him where on my site he could find a whole section devoted to them, and then he emailed back saying that that was ok, I hit the expire merchant button quick..
    Not worth the hassle or the time...

Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible..

Andy,
    I'm already in, building my links slowly, I just prefer to lie low most of the time.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Eh, Andy beat me to it, but your more than welcome in MY affiliate program, too, lol. 8% commission, Cookie=Never Expire, I hate Parasites........ tarice.com

-Tom Rice

"Nothing like a nice piece of hickory."
    -Preacher, Pale Rider

If they rejected you solely based on being in Canada, that's just stupidity on their part.

If you had a site of "Merchants that ship to Canada" and they didn't, that would make sense.

Are your domains .ca? Perhaps that confused them.

Some of our best affiliates are from Canada, and we have some great ones from the U.K. too.

It's not where you are, it's the ability to drive targeted traffic that converts...

Scott Marino
    WebUndies.com

CJ ~ 12% commission / 60 day cookies / unlimited actions / parasite free

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    quote:
    Andy,
    I'm already in, building my links slowly, I just prefer to lie low most of the time.

Whatever you need, let me know. I'm here to put money in your pocket! The more money you make, well you know the story..

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com

Tiger Affiliates earned over $425,000 in 2002 by promoting only the TigerDirect affiliate program. Andy reveals ALL their secrets step by step in his Super ABW Forum (9979 posts) www.tigeraffiliates.com

Parasite Free in 2003!

right on elbowcreek's ta rice program is pretty cool,, he has helped me quite a bit or Andy(Tiger Direct) also try mondera at linkshare :0).

goal: $5000 a month by 11/26
    Financial free by 2004.
    Jason- Santa Cruz, CA

I would say that it's up to 1 out of about every 3 merchants who will deny you affiliate status soley because you're a Canadian owner.

My site is hosted in the States and over 95% of the visitors are from the States. No one much cares to hear that, they see you the owner as a Canadian and say no.

A woman is like a tea bag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water

ABW Ambassador
    What a stupid merchant. He does not deserve any traffic. Could you name that merchant?

carneol

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh......

Well, since I'm not too learned on the whole subject of international commerce I would be very greatful to hear anyones explaination on how all this stuff works.. ??

Does it really matter whether someone is from canada, great britain or the united states?

Aside from language and currency barriers I don't see why this whole affiliate nation should not be able to be a world wide opportunity for everyone regardless of there latitude.....

If we don't get some kool rules ourselves...... pronto........ then we'll just be bogus too.. ~Jeff Spicoli~

not all fault from the merchants

Because cj, linkshare, befree all set up their system to filter affiliate demographics based on webmasters' living address (country name).

All these networks do not have a place for affiliates to enter site demographics information.

So your site will be blocked / rejected before you can submit application or even reach the eyes of the merchant's affiliate staff.

Thus, how can you expect the merchant had manually review your site if they have used the ADVANCED filters provided by the networks.

http://8n.nu/

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    This is getting a tad frustrating, getting turned down by a merchant due to the fact I am not residing in the USA.
    Get ON the BUS or keep sniveling . . .

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Get while the getting's good

Ah yes, Cyclone the man of eloquent words..
    Get on what bus?????
    Takes less than 5 minutes to replace "said" merchant with another one who does not care where I reside and values my site demographics.
    Was there a point to your post?

quote:

Ladyboss,
    think of me: I'm from Italy!
    I publish sites in English, I work for the US public, my traffic is 98% from USA (1% from Canada, the other 1% from the rest of the world) and nearly no one wants me!!!

With the majority of merchants I have this approach: when they reject me I present myself, my work, my traffic stats and I assure that if one THEIR site "no shipping outside USA" is well underlined we should be alright.

The majority of merchants ignore me.

Monica

Monica

Can you join European programs easily?
    Like trade doubler, etc.

Your approach work only if there is a valid and correct merchant email address for the affilates.

+ they read and response email

Vrindavan,
    you're very kind.
    I'm already with TradeDoubler, altough they're "too much European" - i.e. they sell in £ Pounds, but you're right they pay attention to us affiliates and they tend to personalize each relationship.
    Thank you

Monica

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    ....and just as a funny twist, I have one site, here in the US, that seems to get 50% traffic from everywhere BUT the US, lololol.

"Nothing like a nice piece of hickory."
    -Preacher, Pale Rider

Monica

TradeDoubler do not value International Webmasters too. More strict policy in "YOUR BODY PHYSICAL LOCATION" sense.

Unless you have a UK address, a UK website, and a UK bank account you can not join a TradeDoubler UK program as you will not be paid.

quote:
    Seems a few fries short of a meal..
    Umm 98% of my traffic is USA based, how to get around this with some merchants, found that a few will automatically refuse even without checking the site, just because of where you live.
    Any idea why?

I invite you to join our program.
    To bad , that some AM's do not understand how the internet works.

See: http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=frm&...9&f=6046025762 for Details.

Send me an Email, once you signed up, that I can approve you right away .

CC

https://www.bevmo.com/affiliates/
    http://www.bevmoaffiliates.com

I've been rejected by tons of merchants because I'm outside the US - some give reason 'we don't ship outside the US'... sigh.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Ah yes, Cyclone the man of eloquent words..Get on what bus?????
    I was joking with you . . . I meant for you to move to the USA. It'd be a lot easier than trying to convince your contact AM that you DON'T need to be living here to have US visitors~!

The AM is an idiot~!

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Get while the getting's good

i do not feel frustrated by rejection.

but i will be mad if i received a email from a merchant telling me they had removed me because of non-US address later on AFTER i start promoting their links for a few days on my sites. ( accepted then rejected after you do all the work )

i believe that if a certain merchant is negligent of flaws in screening such as this. then i think that were better off not being their affiliate partner.

i agree that in doing affilaite business. one need not to be living ONLY in the US to target a US market. my god! havent they heard that the INTERNET IS INTERNATIONAL?

i may not be having a substantial impact on not being an afiliate of say a certain merchant who denies every non-us affiliate application for but each and every affiliate who is in a similar situation as ours.. gather em all and they have a million dollars addition income. ah its their loss.

thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast