If so, can you let me know when? I have never gotten a check from them. UGH!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Anyone ever get paid by Great Flowers? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're still like molasses, I see!

I was signed up with Great Flowers a few years back. Getting the check took two rounds of emailing. First, they claimed it was lost in the mail and that they'd send another one.

Then, when nothing showed up, I emailed again and they were going to try to run that same BS *again*!! Needless to say, that went over like a rock and I let them know their links would be coming down "until the post office figured it out."

Funny how the Post Office suddenly delivered in about 3 days after that!

Their links did end up coming down soon anyway, though--those blighters closed their program for a week that year. The week of Valentine's Day!

I don't know if they closed their program for Valentine's Day since then, because I ripped their links the first time and didn't look back!

But judging from your post, they still have a problem with getting those checks out.

~Revenue is King

I just looked over my docs, and these guys NEVER paid us!! They owe us 2 checks back from May 2002!! WTF? How do they get away with this?

I have been running them for quite some time ( since the moment they arrived at LS) and never a payment.

I also overlooked this with so many merchants. I am not sure how they can be "active" at LS ,yet never pay anyone.. very odd.

Maybe because not enough affiliates have their own books under proper scrutiny!

Not to flame, but if affs aren't even going to *realize* they're getting stiffed, that doesn't give these deadbeats incentive to pay, or LS any incentive to kick 'em.

If some merchant doesn't pay me, they can rest assured that I know it IMMEDIATELY. There's no sneaking under the radar with me when it comes to payment!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I am not sure how they can be "active" at LS ,yet never pay anyone.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LS doesn't seem to care one whit if affs get paid or not. IMO they are a deadbeat's friend. Great Flowers wouldn't have been able to pull off such nonsense at CJ--they would have had the "extended due to nonpayment" notice showing in a month and if they still didn't pay up would have been out on their *ss in 2!

~Revenue is King

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    If some merchant doesn't pay me, they can rest assured that I know it IMMEDIATELY. There's no sneaking under the radar with me when it comes to payment!
    ~Revenue is King<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How exactly do you keep track of a merchant that is not paying you? Do you use any kind of program for that?

The name of their affiliate manager is Susi Feigelstock (I might have misspelled it).

This outfit GreatFlowers.com also owns the following sites (all at LinkShare):

JewelrySpotlight.com (used to be at LS)
    AshlaneGiftBaskets.com (still is at LS)
    AshlaneCoffee.com (still is at LS)
    ParGolfGear.com (still is at LS)

This is the Whois Info they give for all the above sites:

Administrative Contact:
    4anything.com
    4anything .com
    487 Devon Park Drive, Suite 204
    Wayne, PA 19087
    US
    Phone: 610-768-1444
    Email: admin@intermerce.com

Technical Contact:
    4anything.com
    4anything .com
    487 Devon Park Drive, Suite 204
    Wayne, PA 19087
    US
    Phone: 610-768-1444
    Email: admin@intermerce.com

[This message was edited by Yikole on June 15, 2003 at 03:16 PM.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> How exactly do you keep track of a merchant that is not paying you? Do you use any kind of program for that? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I'm sooo payment-centered that I *remember* when payments are due--but if it ever showed even the faintest sign of becoming forgettable, I'd immediately use some kind of book or software. My preference is for old-fashioned paper books so I'd probably choose an appointment-style book. Only instead of writing down appointment dates, there'd be merchant names, "payment due" dates and amounts! My mother (piano teacher) has used a similar paper-book system for years. She's also where I got my edu on the fact that payments must be kept close in mind to avoid being taken to the wringer. She's got, an appointment book, a receipt book, and a payments-due book--NO free lessons sneak out of *that* studio...

Note: Most of my merchants are at CJ, so I don't have to remember the whole bunch of them individually. At CJ, if it's not in the "nonpayment" report (which I check regularly)--it's in the bank. The few that aren't at CJ stick out like such sore thumbs that it'd be harder for me NOT to think about when they're due--and whether they'll pay.

~Revenue is King

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Perfectly defining the word -DUPER-. Making affiloiates think they are product merchants when they are actually just an advertising firm like About.com or AskJives.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Everyone,

Like Leader, I believe in a hard paper copy when it comes to tracking money. I keep a spiral notebook and each month log in what a company owes and when it is received. It takes about 10 seconds to scan a page and see who isn't current for that month. I promptly notify a company when it isn't received and let them know that links will be promptly removed if the funds aren't sent immediately. If a company doesn't provide contact info, they don't get my biz.

Links are another issue, I designed a data base program to track where they are. And I am ruthless when it comes to tracking money and pulling links. So far things have worked out rather well.

Best to all.

I agree with Aunt Lily . This is also what I do.. I have a book, A - Z with every merchant I run, who they are through ( BF, CJ, LS or I) the contact person ( if possible) the company representitive, and what they owe every month,
    and what I get paid and when. I have caught MANY MANY MANY payments short or missing, and also a few over payments . I had Greatflowers marked in December as nonpayment for 2002 but I had forgotten to contact LS, I have done so now. I highly encourage anyone who has not been paid to contact LS now, they are looking into it. Basically, if you want to get paid, you should do that. I disagree with the comment about LS not caring.. LS has been VERY responsive to me each and every time I have raise an issue about nonpayment, and typically I have received payment promptly if the merchant is STILL active... The only problem I have seen is if the merchant is not active. This gets back to the idea that if they held funds in escrow like CJ, back payments would never be an issue. I am not sure how CJ works now, but I know at one time, you had to have funds in escrow to ensure you had $$ to pay affiliates. I think this is an issue of not enough people REPORTING they have not been paid. If you are making ANY amount of taxable income, you should be keeping ACCURATE records of what you make and what you are owed... This is just basic business!

The president of GreatFlowersJewelrySpotlightAshLaneCoffeeAshlaneGiftBasketsParGolfGearFraud,Inc. is Stanley Greene.

His phone numbers are as follows:

Biz Phone # 610-768-1444
    Home Phone # 610-328-1384.

Susi Feigelstock who is the affiliate manager can also be reached at the above phone number. But of course they never pick up the phone. You can just leave a message to hell.

[This message was edited by Yikole on June 16, 2003 at 03:19 PM.]

If you are owed money by any of these companies, please send a screenshot of the total from LS, along with payment information ( site name, address, etc..) send the information to:

affiliate@greatflowers.com
    admin@intermerce.com
    marketing@greatflowers.com
    inquiries@greatflowers.com
    inquiries@ashlanegiftbaskets.com
    inquiries@JewelrySpotlight.com
    affiliate@greatflowers.com
    contact@linkshare.com

I think that if all people who are owed money do this at once, they might do something.

ABW Ambassador
    Good Luck Anne,

Please keep us posted about your progress. I just added both of these merchants to a website last month, so I'll be very interested.

Aunt Lily

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aunt Lily:
    Good Luck Anne,

Please keep us posted about your progress. I just added both of these merchants to a website last month, so I'll be very interested.

Aunt Lily<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Aunt Lily,

Just be sure to keep them on there and drive them free traffic. Oh, btw, we have a few stores for which we pay a hefty 99% commission but we never pay. Would you put up those sites too?

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All -

Thank you for bringing this to my attention - I have alerted my team to this issue, and we are working to retrieve outstanding payment due to affiliates.

Sarah

Any update on this?

[This message was edited by Yikole on June 24, 2003 at 07:31 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Note to Sarah and Great Flowers,

Until I hear that this issue has been resolved, my Great Flowers links have been removed. It's taking far too long to resolve this matter and get back to us.

I'm disappointed because I like the product mix and it would do well on my site.

Aunt Lily

Weird happenings...

I haven't run any Great Flowers links in about 2 years or more, due to the trouble I described in my first post. But today, 2 impressions for them showed up in my reports!

Strange...that page has got to be looonng out of the Google cache.

~Revenue is King

bumping since this dropped like a ball of lead. I Love LS but I am disappointed in how long it is taking to address this issue.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread