Was the reporting issue that started around June 22nd ever fixed? I still don't have any sales reported from 6/21 - 6/29.

ABW Ambassador
    No, it has not been fixed. I spoke with Blagica last week and she told me that the sales would be transmitted to Linkshare on Monday, 6/30 and also that she would be on vacation this week.

Obviously, that didn't happen, so I called her number on Monday and her voice mail gave the email address of someone to contact. I contacted that person and she said:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Our apologies but we are still working on getting these numbers - we have been told that they will be made available by tomorrow. Please let us know if it is at all possible to extend until then. Many thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I then replied:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The affiliate has no control over reporting issues. You will need to ask your question to Linkshare, but their policy is that only sales that are reported to them during a calendar month, regardless of when the sale
    occurred, are included with the sales we will be paid for during that month. By transmitting those sales after today, that delays our compensation for a full month.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Early this morning I emailed her again asking for an update. No reply.

I will forward this topic to her so she can see it is being discussed at ABestWeb.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All -

My team member who works with Orbitz requested that I post the following message on their behalf:

Orbitz recently experienced a technical issue that affected LinkShare reporting for transactions that occurred between June 22 - June 28, 2003.

On June 29th, our systems began sending regular daily transactions to LinkShare again. While we have identified the problem that caused our delayed reporting, we are still working on capturing all missed transactions. It has taken us longer than expected because we want to ensure the accuracy and delivery of all missing data.

This process will not affect any long-term tracking, but simply delay it. Please be assured that we are dedicated to getting the missing data reported to LinkShare as soon as possible, and ensuring that this does not happen again.

Due to the timing of this unforeseen reporting issue, it will unfortunately affect June affiliate payments, as we were unable to retrieve the missing data before the close of the month. Therefore, affiliates will be paid commissions for missing transactions that occurred between June 22-June 28, in July's commission check. Please know that we are committed to reporting these transactions as soon as possible.

Please accept our apologies and thank you for your patience during this process!

The Orbitz Affiliate Team
    affiliates@orbitz.com

ABW Ambassador
    Could we please get an update on this?

Hi Everyone,

I just received confirmation that transactions from June 21 - June 27 have successfully been uploaded.

Please check your reports by "process date" to insure all data is there.

Thank you for your patience during this reporting delay.

Regards,

Blagica-
    (blah-gee-tsa)
    affiliates@orbitz.com

ABW Ambassador
    I still have no sales reported for 6/22, 6/24 and 6/28. Does anyone else?

Also, sales seem very low to me for the previously unreported days, so at this point, I'm not confident that Linkshare has everything.

ABW Ambassador
    Sarah, could you please look into this and respond? I have sent two emails to Blagica which have not been acknowledged. Sales are still missing and it's now been several weeks.

Everyone,

The reason why I haven't responded is because I want to have COMPLETE information for you regarding the missing transactions.

On that particular week, we had some outages that affected some reporting on our end. I'm working with OPS to see if these figures and can be retrieved, and if not, what we can do to to accommodate those missing transactions.

Trust me, I'm working on this and have been since this issue sprang up.

Thanks,
    Blagica-

ABW Ambassador
    It's been almost a month now since these sales went unreported. An update would be appreciated.

Hi Everyone,

The last couple of weeks have been about data. Insuring our systems are in place, reporting is up to speed and updates to Linkshare happen quickly. The site outage on Wednesday didn't help matters, but as most of you have read, Orbitz recovered and the site is sailing along, as are transactions.

Company-wide there are days of data we will not be able to recoup. All car transactions on June 22-23 and some car transactions for June 24-27 are missing.

Starting Monday, July 21, ALL ORBITZ AFFILIATES will be eligible to receive higher commissions for a limited time period. For optimal commission opportunities, please update your sites with either new banners or our best performing units -- the DRM search boxes and text links. Notice of your commission increase will come Monday morning via e-mail. Please be sure to check those inboxes!

I'd like to thank you for your patience during this process. Enjoy your higher commissions!

Regards from Chicago,

Blagica
    (blah-gee-tsa)
    affiliates@orbitz.com

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Thank you for partnering with Orbitz! As you may be aware, we recently had a period where we had a delay in reporting transactions to our affiliates. We know how much you rely on that data and as a result, we would like to offer you a two-week limited-time commission increase to compensate you for the inconvenience.

Between Monday, July 21, 2003 and Monday August 4, 2003 you will receive $5 on each item (Hotel, Car, and Air) that is referred to us through your site!

To take advantage of this increase, please log into your account and be sure that your controls have been updated to offer 36.1.

Thanks again for your partnership and patience during this period. We hope that you are able to take advantage of this increase in commission!

Best,

The Orbitz Affiliate Team
    affiliates@orbitz.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No mention of lost sales in this email. Do you consider your post here to be official acknowledgment to all Orbitz affiliates that Orbitz didn't track affiliate sales for part of June? I don't think this offer is based on the reporting "delay" but rather the sales that we lost altogether. Why haven't you told all Orbitz affiliates that Orbitz didn't track some affiliate sales in June?

The lost data is far more extensive than just some rental car sales. There are no sales reported at all for 6/22, 6/24 and 6/28.

Your offer to your affiliates of an increased commission for hotel and rental car sales for a 14 day period addresses the loss of those sales, but you aren't providing any compensation for the loss of airline ticket sales on 6/22, 6/24 and 6/28 or what I anticipate is undereporting for the other dates as well. Airline ticket sales are the core of Orbitz's business. Why not?

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread