View Poll Results: What do you want?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • A percentage of sales (such as 20%)

12 54.55%
  • A flat fee (such as $15)

2 9.09%
  • A combination of the two (such as 15% and $5)

8 36.36%
    Hello All,
    I'm thinking of putting together a new basline offer and I'm wondering what affiliates like better!

These numbers are just for frame of reference, but I'm just curious - What catches your eye?

Alex Irvin
    airvin@1800petmeds.com
    Affiliate Program Director
    1800petmeds.com

ABW Ambassador
    Depends entirely on the product. Generally, I favor percent of sales, but if you have something nebulous like a request for more info, or a true lead, the I want a fixed amount.

sound thinking

ABW Ambassador
    I prefer the percentage of sales. I voted for the higher rev-share(20%). The hybred does not matter much, but I just hate getting those large sales and receiving $5.

IamJaloppy

Come on, guys!
    150 views and only 16 votes!?!?

ABW Ambassador
    A tiered commission plan with a new customer bonus thrown in there now and then or ongoing would be the must incentivized and lucrative offer...

I am one of the 150+ lurkers because well read the sig...

Jonathon Palbicke
    Webmaster
    www.krookedstix.com
    Webmaster@krookedstix.com
    Krooked Stix, Inc.
    It's all golf baby!

I definitely prefer % of sale. I dont like flat fee.

Well Alex,

Whatever you do, first you need to get your reporting in order. My two leads this month opn 240 clicks were just reversed, while even reversed they showed double commission yesterday.

I don't understand the reversal either. $15 flat fee per order, they either order or not. Why reversed after 30 days?

I promote other pet medication stores as well, some of them convert as high as on $60 EPC.

PetMeds performance hasn't been bright:

YTD:

Clicks: 1,431
    Conversion: 0.77%
    Commissions: $107.79

There is some major problem going on with Linkshare, they need figure it out!

ABW Ambassador
    I've only been with PetMeds this month. I admit that the reporting has been upsetting. But if the new numbers showing now are correct, I can't complain.

I've had 854 click throughs, made 17 sales, and $255. in commissions. But we'll see what the report fairies bring tomorrow and the next day.

Sambay,
    There was, indeed, a reporting issue with Linkshare. You are most lkely seeing reversals because all transactions are being cancelled and re-run correctly. They've assured me that this will be resolved and all affiliates' (as well as our) numbers will be accurate by tomorrow. I know it's not great news, but I wanted to let you know that is what's going on.
    Cheers,
    Alex

Alex Irvin
    airvin@1800petmeds.com
    1800petmeds.com

What people want?

Perhaps answer these reports.

I did a Google search for "petmed express litigation

www.avma.org/onlnews/javma/jun02/s020601a.asp

http://www.avma.org/onlnews/javma/aug02/020815e.asp

http://www.epa.gov/region04/oeapages/02press/012302.htm

http://www.canantvet.com/pm_express.htm

http://www.ahrdvm.com/feedback/latest12.htm

http://www.animalhospitaltampa.com/i...html?uid=10002

http://www.lvma.org/novartis_animal_..._files_sui.htm

http://www.blvdanimal.com/petmedexpress.pdf

http://cathelp-online.com/justsayno.html

http://www.dvmnewsmagazine.com/dvm/a...l.jsp?id=16753

The basic thrust of the litigation in several states is that PM Express was using in house vets to prescribe in violation of laws in most states that require a pet/physician relationship. In some cases, the complaint charged that after the local vet declined to authorize the prescription when contacted by PM Express for various reasons, that PM Express used the in house vet to override the local vet and prescribe the drugs anyway.

Other accusations included that PM Express was using drugs from foreign markets, namely Australia. While equivalent, they don't meet FDA labeling requirements for the U.S.

Jim,
    The key word in your post is *was*. The issue of having an in-house vet was brought up over 2 years ago. I was still in college at that time, and hadn't even heard of this company

Regardless, this matter was brought to a close long ago, and as stated in one of your referenced links:
    ------
    "I assure the board that compliance is our number one priority," said Akdag, adding that the company had implemented a number of policies, procedures, training, and quality improvement programs to help them attain that goal. In addition, they had enlisted Rod Presnell, a former member of the Board of Pharmacy, as a consultant to review the company's procedures.
    ------
    I'm happy to address any questions or concerns.

Cheers,
    Alex

Alex Irvin
    airvin@1800petmeds.com
    1800petmeds.com

Is it a fact that the company is on probation for the next 3 or 4 years?

What was the total fines paid for all of the alledged violations?

At 32M your a viable company, as long as you operate on the straight and narrow.

Jim W,

I don't see how this is related to 1800PetMeds' affilate program. You may be a disgruntled vet, but whatever your agenda is, I don't think this is the right "thread" to discuss it.

ABW Ambassador
    I like PetMeds a lot, converting nicely for the year: 978 clicks, 100 sales about 1 sale for every 10 clicks. $1293.64 commish.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

ABW Ambassador
    Please people, focus. If you have an issue widely outside of the topic here either start a new thread...Or in this case contact Alex directly.

I think it is relevant here-if I am an affiliate selling drugs which are illegal it is possible that I could be implicated in a violation of some law perhaps?

Alex asked what do the affiliates want?
    I want full disclosure-especially with a publicly traded company.
    I want an assurance that this will not happen again before I sign up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>This modus operandi violates Florida law because the state does not consider the authorizing veterinarian to have a valid doctor-patient relationship. It is also illegal in all but a handful of states, according to Edwin Bayo, legal counsel for the Florida Board of Pharmacy.
    The company was also charged with selling drugs not approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Alex would state the fines paid in total and agree the company is on probation herein that would go a long ways to credibility.

Wayne,
    1 sale in 10 wow!!

hard to believe?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim_W:
    I think it is relevant here-if I am an affiliate selling drugs which are illegal it is possible that I could be implicated in a violation of some law perhaps?

Alex asked what do the affiliates want?
    I want full disclosure-especially with a publicly traded company.
    I want an assurance that this will not happen again before I sign up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>This modus operandi violates Florida law because the state does not consider the authorizing veterinarian to have a valid doctor-patient relationship. It is also illegal in all but a handful of states, according to Edwin Bayo, legal counsel for the Florida Board of Pharmacy.
    The company was also charged with selling drugs not approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Alex would state the fines paid in total and agree the company is on probation herein that would go a long ways to credibility.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

also
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Several members of the Board of Pharmacy expressed dismay that the company had once again broken Florida law. "I thought that [PetMed Express] understood us well when they were here before," said Helen Fong, chair of the hearing.

"I am very disappointed that you guys are here again, and I do not want to see you in a couple of years from now [breaking the law again] and you pay your $40,000 and it is just the cost of doing business."
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ABW Ambassador
    I'm with Survey Man and SamBay. Jim_W you've made your point. We get it. Some of us would like to focus on the offers etc.

There isn't any commission on prescription drugs. So I doubt most of us are suggesting them.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread