Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Well I got my Updates on Linkshare reports mail today and I got all excited, My heart went "bumpety bumpety Bump"...or something along those lines... and I scanned through and found the MAGIC words "PROCESS DATE!!!!!" YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! I thought, at last a report for our partners that allows them to see sales by process date.... alas no... it was merely a reference of that it is not Transaction date, like anyone CARES when it can't be used in a report.

I mean HOW MANY TIMES MUST I ASK for this simple bloody report to be added for our partners Sarah / Lisa / Wendy anybody?

Answers wanted please LS.

Thanks

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    "Lets sell some Rocks.....!!"

Mondera.com Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here
    ======================================================================
    Partner Program Fully Managed by Web Studio-1 Solutions Co., Ltd
    http://www.webstudio-1.com : clients@webstudio-1.com

ABW Ambassador
    Have you noticed that Linkshare is the ONLY known affiliate network that pays on process date and not transaction date...CJ, Amazon, Performics,and on and on pay on transaction date.

Typically process date is an internal marking that affiliates know nothing about, but Linkshare does it completely backwards from an accounting standpoint. This is one of the reasons that it takes so long to process bonuses and the like and there is so much confusion over payment and surprise when you get paid more or less after they process the "Payment Report" a week after each month end. Along with this is the fact that each month has a cut off period of the day before the last day of each month. So I am being paid for the last day of the previous month through the next to the last day of the current month each "Payment Report". Who else does this and why would you want to? Again, back to the transaction date verses process date issue.

The bottom line is that affiliates are left somewhat in the dark each month.

Please reverse engineer your system or get some accountants in there to make some much needed and logical reporting changes!

P.S. My kudos do go off to the fact that we can still run a "Sales & Activity Report" after 8/1 that has the tiered bonus levels calculated in it. I dare say that not having this option would be a huge mistake in a reporting sense for all affiliates.

Hi Survery Man

Mondera pays partners based on process date, not transaction date, so you would think that being as we fit right in with how LS run there would be the ability to provide the right reports to our partners and not leave them in the dark right up until they get their cheque about how much they have earnt each month

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    "Lets sell some Rocks.....!!"

Mondera.com Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here
    ======================================================================
    Partner Program Fully Managed by Web Studio-1 Solutions Co., Ltd
    http://www.webstudio-1.com : clients@webstudio-1.com

Affiliate Network Rep
    Actually the reason why everyone should pay on process date is that if a merchant takes a transaction, lets say on June 20, but the product is not shipped until July 20th, the transaction date will show up as June 20th (and thus would not be paid in the June period (because it was never actually sold) or the July period (because once the product shipped and is sold the transaction date was in June). By counting all transactions on the process date it assures that none of the transactions are ever unaccounted for. That is pretty much it. Transaction date is important for affiliates because it lets them confirm that test transactions are recorded properly as well as gives them a true sense of when their users are making sales. Again process date is just the most accurate way of calculating invoices (which is what we are really all about).

Hi Steve

Thanks for joining us on this issue. However, what you say purely adds to what I have said, and makes it even clearer that there SHOULD be a process date report for all our partners on LinkShare.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Again process date is just the most accurate way of calculating invoices (which is what we are really all about). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

100% agree, Process Report is a must for everyone not just Merchants.

Cheers

Chris

ABW Ambassador
    Well I would have to say that how a merchant (or when a merchant) counts a sale as commissionable and reports it is entirely separate from this issue, although it COULD be linked together easily.

In other words, if merchant ABC counts a sale when it is shipped, then the shipping date is therefore considered the transaction date and is reported then. If Merchant DCE counts a sale when a credit card locks it in then they will report this accordingly. In essence the use of transaction date is ultimately the key here, at least from an affiliate standpoint. Merchants, as Chris does, probably feel differently.

I am going to guess that most affiliates could care less when a transaction is processed at linkshare (of course we want it done timely!) but do want to reflect the sales for one period accurately for that period. In essence we are talking about the age old accounting principal that dictates this for all standard financial reports (non-affiliate) call the "Matching Principle.

I don't see why affiliate reporting should deviate from standard financial accounting practices in this sense. There is just no good reason for it, except perhaps allow merchants to report things as they wish. Frankly this is not conducive to good business practice.

Perhaps I might suggest that Linkshare benchmark against some of the competitors, such as CJ, which has both transaction date and process date and is in fact able to process a transaction after the 31st of a month and still pay it out with the next payment. It is commonly done and more typical, ask your accountants about the matching principle and its necessity for solid accounting. Steve, I agree it will in fact require more systems in place to make it work and correctly but it is far from Linkshare's grasp and would be a step in the right direction for affiliates and Linkshare both. It would, however, mean many merchants would pay more than they do now as currently they are essentially able to defer paying commissions that occurred in one month for two months...A system that is less than perfect from both our standpoints.

My two cents. Anyone else?

ABW Ambassador
    Steven?

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread