ABW Ambassador
    In terms of a sporting goods / outdoor store how well are you all converting with REI and REI Outlet? I have found communication with their AM very sporadic and sometimes not at all. Obviously they are a really good catalog and brick and morter store, but I wonder how well they are pushing the online side of things.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    REI -outlet was deactived month's ago at Linkshare. Their conversion ratio was too high, cart reporting cut off and was used to milk e-mail addresses til deactivated. Our best bet is for them to join GSI and pray their new AM learns how to make their 10 sporting goods sites convert and report the sales.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Yeah they were deactivated. The last month before they were gone I could not get them to convert at all. wierd, But Yeah they should join GSI

Thank you Mike and Jason for the support. Survey....feel free to email or PM me to discuss any details.

Mike
    AAE
    Affiliates@GSICommerce.com

Deactivated when? I had 2 sales with them last month. Oh nevermind I see you are just saying the outlet was deactivated.

ABW Ambassador
    I was speaking of REI, not the outlet...not sure where the confusion came in. And on the outlet issue, it was rolled into the regular REI program so the outlet still exists together with the standard store.

What does GSI have to do with REI, is there some relationship or do they run the program?

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All -

My team member who works with REI.com requested that I post the following message on their behalf:

Thank you for your interest in the REI.com LinkShare Affiliate Program.

The REI-OUTLET.com affiliate program merged with the REI.com affiliate program in August 2002. The combined program is now managed under REI.com, and you may find all of REI-OUTLET.com's links within the REI.com "Create Links" area. Affiliates will receive a commission when a referred customer shops on REI.com or REI-OUTLET.com, regardless of whether the referring link was an REI.com link or an REI-OUTLET link. REI.com offers 5% commission on all goods, 7 return days, and a $25 payment threshold. 2003 commissions have increased over 2002 commissions by 179%.

We look forward to a successful partnership with you. For questions, please contact us at affiliates@rei.com.

Thank you,
    The REI.com Affiliate Team

ABW Ambassador
    I had a question on REI/REI-Outlet. If a person comes through the REI link but buys in REI (or visa-versa) do we get the commission now?

If we get cross over conversions, has anyone done a test to prove the cross over works?

I've had extremely poor conversions with REI so far.

sound thinking

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All -

My team member who works with REI.com requested that I post the following message on their behalf:

Regardless of the REI link the customer is referred by, the affiliate will get a commission of the sale whether the customer shopped on REI.com or REI-OUTLET.com.

For additional questions, please contact the merchant directly at affiliates@rei.com.

Thanks,
    Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    Just checked, don't send that many clicks but converting at 1/18, i need to send more clicks

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

ABW Ambassador
    One thing that needs to be addressed is the addition of(even the occasional) coupons. They have stated they were going to do a coupon then they said they weren't...Right after that they had one for MSN.com shopping and then another for Reader Digest (website).

The irritating thing about it is that we were told they don't want to be seen as a discounter and that is why they were not going to offer coupons. Then within a month two of the ones I mentioned were posted on those two sites.

I suggest we all email them in request for a coupon!

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread