Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Okay. So I got the linkshare email that said they were doing maintenance on Sunday from 1-7 PM EST.

It said that I would still be able to login and access reports, but I couldn't create links. It also said that cickthrough tracking and sales tracking would not be affected.

But I could not login. So then, I'm thinking, I wonder if it is NOT tracking clickthroughs and sales. So I hit a couple of unused links a few times to check once they are back online.

Once I can login again, I check my stats for Sunday August 10, and they seem to support my fears. 0 impressions, 0 clickthroughs, 0 orders, 0 items ordered, 0 sales $, and 0 commissions.

My clickthroughs for the previous 4 days were 245, 222, 166, and 195. Commissions were $21, $0, $41, and $9. So, obviously, things didn't work as Linkshare had planned. At least not for me.

Thank God, though, that they chose to do maintenance on a Sunday afternoon, when everyone is home from work and on their computer looking to buy. Much better than really late at night during the work week. Brilliant.

I've sent an email off to Linkshare.

Anyone else have a similar story in their reports from Sunday 8/10?

Thanks,
    Bill

ABW Ambassador
    I also couldn't login to the system during the maintenance, but when I checked it last night (11:00pm ET), impressions, clicks and sales were all there for Sunday (it was even a good day).

First up, I thought Linkshare stats (sales certainly) were only updated once a day in the early hours of the morning? It's not unusual for reporting to take a while to "catch up" with the increased volume of data to be processed after such maintenance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by driverxman:
    Thank God, though, that they chose to do maintenance on a Sunday afternoon, when everyone is home from work and on their computer looking to buy.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you'll find that for most e-commerce, the peak buying time is weekdays mid morning, after folks have got into work, cleared the most urgent items from their in-tray and are onto their second cup of coffee. Affiliate marketers probably owe more to fast workplace (college, school) net connections than any other single factor

--------------
    Are you Crazy?

Thanks Wyvern.

I just checked again, and my commissions have now been updated on the sales and activity report page when I look at the report for the last month. Must have just happened recently, because I just checked at about 5 AM EST, and it wasn't updated then. It was a good day here too.

The weird thing is that when I go to check the sales and activity for just 8/10, the clickthroughs now show up (they didn't before), but the sales and commissions still show zero there. The individual item report still says zero for 8/10 also. Strange.

Thanks for your reply.

Bill

ABW Ambassador
    I'm also showing clicks but no sales on 8/10.

ABW Ambassador
    First up, I thought Linkshare stats (sales certainly) were only updated once a day in the early hours of the morning? It's not unusual for reporting to take a while to "catch up" with the increased volume of data to be processed after such maintenance.
    Unquote

I think it depends on the merchant...I know at least one of my merchants updates twice a day, once about 10:45am and the other about 10:45 pm.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I have a couple merchants that are reflecting 0 clicks since the beginning of the month. I have clicked to test them and nope, nada, zip.

I am going to recreate the links to see if that helps. I remember reading a post where Connie Berg said that happens to her occassionaly, so she recreates the links and volia' - traffic/sales again.

The merchants must tweak something on their ends occassionaly that throws the old links off for some reason.

~Michelle

"All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."

"Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

ABW Ambassador
    Does anyone have any Linkshare sales reported after the pre-dawn hours of 8/10?

I have one for Sunday 10-AUG-2003 15:02

Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optomism to have posed the question in the first place.

About LinkShare's reports

Transaction-related data is reported by merchants and posted all day throughout the day. So that means orders, items, sales, and commissions might change one minute to the next if a merchant has sent some transaction information to LinkShare. Of course, the transactions will be reflected by the transaction date (when it happened) in reports. So, transactions reported to LinkShare might have happened (transaction date) a few days ago, so running a report for today won't reflect those orders.

Impressions and clicks are only updated at night once a day for the previous day. So, if you click a link now and check your reports, it's not going to be reflected until tomorrow morning.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    1418 clicks since Aug 1st.....ONE SALE reported with a commission total of .43 cents. No wonder Stephen refused to respond to my challenge the last time he came here to post.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I think that some are reporting and some are not. I have one vendor that I'm convinced is not reporting but they did the same thing the first half of last month.

Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optomism to have posed the question in the first place. (John Cleese: Cheese Shop)

Thanks for the linkshare reporting clarification, affiliateguy. That really helps.

I was looking for the clickthrough reports too soon. They were there early Monday morning. The increae in commission I saw from Sunday to Monday was from commissions for sales that took place on Thursday that were posted eraly Monday morning, I didn't know they posted with that much of a delay.

I do now.

Thanks for your help. And thanks to everyone who responded to my inquiry.

Bill

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Both Mondera and NetMagazines are tracking sales, BUT we have some partners with no click or impression updates at all... certainly something isn't quite right.

Cheers

Chris

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Everyone,

I'm noticing a big change in the time it takes for some merchants to post sales activity. Sometimes it takes about a week. This same merchant used to post daily. It seems to have happened after I received an email about changing the reporting from transaction date to shipping date. Maybe lots of people are on vacation too, so it takes longer to ship items.

Other merchants seem not to post sales on weekends, but by Monday night all is well.

Anyways, I think merchants should understand how much "tweaking" it takes for a successful site, and how important timely stats are to do such tweaking. Nevermind the morale boost.

Best wishes.

I'm one of those experiencing the no impressions and clicks currently.. it's quite annoying...

Well... Up untill Saterday I was doing ok.

On Sunday I only made .23 cents commission.

Since then nothing... but click-throughs are normal.

Now I'm wondering.

Did they they hire some of CJ's programmers for the weekend.

Cow Patch...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Did they they hire some of CJ's programmers for the weekend.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a great question!

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? &lt;b&gt;Crooks Overwriting Commissions.&lt;/b&gt;
    &lt;b&gt;Don't worry! Tracking is infected!&lt;/b&gt;
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

Something is not right at linkshare. clicks are not showing when I know I should be getting a lot based on my logs.

ABW Ambassador
    I agree.

But things are a little different for me. I'm showing tons of clickthroughs, but not one sale. Not even a non-commissionable. But based on what others are reporting, I'm not sure what is accurate. I'm remembering the 1-800-PetMeds fiasco, where they had to restate all of the sales for the month of July.

For some merchants this has been going on for almost a week. It is miserable.

No sales since Aug 13th. This is unusual.

Same here. Some merchant's with consistent sales early in month have shown NOTHING for over a week now. Guess I'll be living off rice for the rest of the month

Sarah, are there any problems we should be aware of?

"Merchant with no cookie get no clicky"

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Seems like 2 months in a row where the LS merchants have let me down. Thousands of targeted clicks and ZERO sales for 2 month's running. Even Overstock sucks this month on lot's of effort on my part to display some great bargains.

Overstock.com, Inc. impressions=143,498 clicks=1,317 0.88% sales=5 items=19 returns=0 0.45% $165.46 commissions=$7.56

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Well .. this is about normal as far as our stats show.

Each summer around July - August we experience LOW sales even though click throughs are normal. It seems that this period is generally a visitor browse period (window shopping basically).

Then .. in September (schools back in session) the clicks start converting to sales stronger each week until winter cold weather snaps in .. then sales are higher and consistent.

That's our experience and sale trends anyway.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com

Sales showing for the 17th & 18th now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast