Can anyone tell me why Linkshare doesn't offer consolidated payments? It drives me nuts that they don't.

Logan Thompson, Managing Director
    HostingMusicians.com | Hosting Scouts Affiliate Program
    "Web Hosting For Musicians"

I'm with you. I've complained so many times, and they have a scripted answer that actually blames the merchants ('its their choice to offer payment mechanisms, bla, bla').

What they leave out is that Linkshare itself is the holdup.

I don't mean to complain about cashing checks, but cashing checks can be a pain if there are a bunch of little ones. I'm always worried about losing one here and there.

Mike Jacobs

--------------------------------------
    WebMogul - Online Marketing that Works
    www.webmogul.com

Yes, I would love consolidated payments. I wouldn't even mind if they still kept the payment threshold, but just send one direct deposit or one check.. Of course if they wanted to do away with the thresholds, that would be nice also!

I have enough problems even earning a check. Consolidated payments would give me a chance to have something to spend once in a while.

_____
    She was only a stableman's daughter, but all the horsemen knew her.

Call me silly but I like the individual checks. Much easier for my accounting records

Anne

Does it mean that you find it difficult to do accounting records for cj, performics, shareasale, valueclick, clickbank, ....................... and many many others.

When i have too many checks to receive,
    this increase the chance of lost check, postal error and i cannot have accounting record because i never get the check.

http://8n.nu

ABW Ambassador
    I'd be happy with on-time payments right now. Does it seem like they're slowing down again to anybody else? Overstock.com's payment was received by them over a week ago, but it hasn't seen the light of day in my mailbox yet. This is insane. I hope we don't have repeat of earlier this year when they were so slow.

Michael

ABW Ambassador
    C'mon consolidate.

I work in boxers

Linkshare needs to do some serious work on their affiliate program. Consolidated payments is just one flaw. They also don't allow you to see a merchants banners unless you join their program. CJ allows you to browse for themes and special offers that match your site.
    I've contacted Linkshare a couple of times about these and a number of other issues, and they don't have any good answers.
    So, I've only added a few banners from one or two merchants.
    I have sites with thousands of pages, and I could easily incorporate their merchants, but they do not seem to be interested in really working with affiliates.
    I hope they take a good look at the CJ program. Every month CJ adds new large merchants, and its obvious why.
    Linkshare is going to fade away if they don't get serious, fast.
    Just my humble opinion.

ABW Ambassador
    consolidate will OK
    but i think LS dont have enough power to force merchants

Smart Work and ... Sell Sell Sell

ABW Ambassador
    If you dig in the posts of past in this forum, and as I recall past phone conversations with LS customer service, this was something that has been on the table, and there were, supposedly, plans to implement. It has been two years or better since I inquired about this, and sm said it was being considered. I guess the idea of consolidated payments didn't make it off the table.

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck
    www.webproconnect.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> but i think LS dont have enough power to force merchants <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

- Depends on whether [big] merchants do not like one check or [big] affiliates do not want one check.

- depends on how you sell the idea of "One Check Advantage"

- depends on willingness to make a radical change

In fact only Befree and LS in the field that are still offer separate payments. If merchants not happy with one check, their only choice would be do it in house.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zervo™:
    consolidate will OK
    but i think LS dont have enough power to force merchants <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forget forcing, at least make it an option... or make direct deposit an option...

Mike Jacobs

WebMogul - Online Marketing that Works
    www.webmogul.com

I'd like to see consilidated payments with a set monthly payment date and up-to-date reporting.

It's Tuesday, and my stats in Linkshare have not changed since Friday...

Maria

Consolidation would be nice, but its trusting LS with another step of the process.

Trusting them to tell the merchants how much to pay us is bad enough. When LS is the proxy of both data and money, watch out.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> When LS is the proxy of both data and money, watch out. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With programs where they process the checks, they already are. So they might as well consolidate 'em!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Linkshare is going to fade away if they don't get serious, fast. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been waiting for that day for a loonnggg time. Hopefully you are right--they've been close to doom before so it's not impossible!

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mikeyjake:
    Forget forcing, at least make it an option... or make direct deposit an option...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There you go. If they can't do consolidated payments, then direct deposit would be a novel concept for them.

Michael

ABW Ambassador
    This was posted by Stephen Messer on April 15, 2002 at 01:43 PM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    Hi everyone,

Consolidated payments is a major project here at LinkShare. Over the past few months we have listened to what it is you have been asking for and have put a lot of effort towards getting you new tools and technologies to make your life easier. We hope to be able to launch this new payment system soon, but at the same time I want to make sure it addresses all your concerns. Hope when it launches you will all be happy.

Stephen
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

16 months - is that "soon" enough?

And we are still talking about it!

ABW Ambassador
    I agree, if linkshare cannot yet or doesn't have the ability to do consolidated payments at least do the step between and do Direct Depost as an option.

I mean look at Befree, they took this interim step and offer it as an option though not many merchants are using it yet...

Save us all some major time and money plus save the environment by killing less trees in the process. You cannot tell me that doing direct deposit let's say twice a month or instead of mailing out single checks 30+ times a month is that difficult to implement. I have seen tiny companies setup direct deposit.

Sarah, Stephen???

> With programs where they process the checks, they already are.

Hmmm...didn't realize that. Well then consolidate, already!

>>at least make it an option...
    this is better than no change at all,
    but running two systems means prolong the time transition period.

important point is , if one check is the permanent answer, i do not want to see the two systems delay the real transition.

>>or make direct deposit an option...

even direct deposit, we are better to have consolidate direct deposit.
    You have problems reading your bank staement when a few hundreds items showing up. And you have no clue what figure belong to which payment, how to do record and accounting??

Even you can easily sort out those items,
    it is not good to have hundeds of items blocking your way to spot your important banking transactions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'd like to see consilidated payments with a set monthly payment date and up-to-date reporting.

It's Tuesday, and my stats in Linkshare have not changed since Friday... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand merchant need a few days to verify sales transaction, real time data is meaningless when they have to adjuest the report a few days later.

And there is product return adjustment too.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread