ABW Ambassador
    ...the envelopes. I had 3 arrive today wide open. Don't want to lose checks.

I work in boxers

I have had so many unlicked envelopes. Wonder how much that job pays at LS? Official affiliate check licker? Does it come with tounge insurance?

LOL!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Feel good you got them TrustNo1. The LS mailroom gerbil hasn't bothered to even try licking the 2 merchant checks for me. Both merchants sent in payments on the 14th and as of the 22nd no one has even bother to print them and pass them to the gerbil.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

The payment History report is an interesting read. Disturbing when LS comes here and tells us the make commission vouchers available for payment authorization by the 8th of every month. Secretly they change the the page writing to now show this is now done by the 15th giving their majority of slow pay merchants more time to waffle on payments.

To make matters worse, rather then better, as we took the networks to task long ago for allowing merchants to bilk affiliates out of millions owed in back commissions, the now seem to penalize quick paying merchants.

A few Merchants like Overstock, BareNecessities, Internet Florist want the good PR that comes from demanding their AM's verify sales and accounting department cuts commission check totals before the other merchants even bother to begin the payment process. Very smart recruiting tool. What does LS do? They delay by weeks the delivery of these checks by sitting on the money basically running an accounts payable department only during the last week of any month.

I'd hazard the austerity program at LS, being they are 100% automated outside of the sales department, would require office employees to work only 2 days a week.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    I know what you mean when you say it seems like Linkshare penalizes (in effect) the fast payers...Like Overstock for example. The check is recorded as being received on 8/14 and Monday will be 8/24 and no check has been mailed out.

I think Linkshare should require wire transfers or cashiers checks so they cannot use the excuse of clearing checks and the like. There is just no consistency. One month it takes 2 days to mail checks and the next it is 15 days...

Yeah, well, I haven't recieved a check supposedly mailed on JULY 16 but when I called LS they said I have to wait 6 weeks for it to be "officially" considered missing. (I think they put a picture of it on a milk carton.)

If the check has fallen into the wrong hands, doesn't 6 weeks seem like giving bank robbers a head start?

So far, all of my LS envelopes came in well licked.

I was hoping this thread was going to be a bit more lewd...

Oh well.

LOL ...""officially" considered missing. (I think they put a picture of it on a milk carton.)

Someone needs to post a photo of the LS accounting and mailroom staff. Putting a face on this group often helps to assure top performance.

Mike & Charlie ...

Damn shame when you can't even get the lickers to do their job properly. Trust, we may need you to do a demo.

TrustNo1 is not up to the task as he oogles the bathing beauty taking a cigar break. The last envelope licker LS hired had the nasty habit of also licking and smearing the postage metering ink.

Mike & Charlie ...

I had the same problem with TigerDirect this month.

Sort of ironic that it was signed with two different color pens (I'm sure by some lackey) and yet they couldn't bother to seal the envelope. I'll take substance over flash any day, especially when it involves my money.

Wet that thang up, Andy!

Ecom .. your a hoot!!!

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

Well I for one don't care if the envelope is licked or not..

As long as I get my check, I'm happy. And if the check falls out of the envelope... It's still got my address on it. Who knows when the mailman sees the money I get, he may feel sorry for me and deliver them on time.

As for a 6 week wait for lost checks...

You may want to send the AM a letter and let them know why their links will be going to the competition for the next couple of months.

"Nothing Personal" but LS is holding up your payment to me.

Cow Patch...

As far as the length of "time" between the mailing of the check and when we actually get the check is very interesting. Since my day job is in a bank I know how much "float" can be worth. Maybe there are just making a few extra bucks.

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. - Bill Cosby

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread