is there a reason why my application gets declined by a merchant ?
    who should i contact to see what can be done ?

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Many different reasons.

If it was an auto decline then the most likely are

- Don't like to work with the country you are in
    - Too few Visitors
    - Too few impressions

If it was a manual rejection then could be down to anything depending on what they saw on your site

Cheers

Chris

<font size="1"> Web Studio-1 Solutions.
    http://www.webstudio-1.com

All Programs :- Low Threshold : High Return Days : Excellent Support : 100% Parasite Free
    Mondera.com : Netmagazines.com : Pierced Body : Irish Photo Shop : DateCam.com : Vegas Experts

<FONT COLOR=red size="1"> A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again. Alexander Pope </font></font>

Question
    I just received the automatic decline notice from 3 merchants that I applied to:

Your application to these programs has not been processed. The following merchants have established certain criteria for affiliates applying to their program. Unfortunately, your site does not meet one or more of these criteria. For more specific approval information, please refer to the merchants' application criteria.
    I'm still having trouble understanding how they automatically decline a publisher. Are they by invite only? How do they now how many visitors I have? Any insight or suggestions?

Thanks
    mel

Some merchants still think visitors of your site are all Eskimo if you are living there.

Quote Originally Posted by concorde
    Some merchants still think visitors of your site are all Eskimo if you are living there.

Are you saying I'm just not a big performer yet?

The only reason I generally reject an application is when the web site provided has no relationship to the applicants profile. As an example when they submit Yahoo.com from a hotmail address.

Many people submit sites that are not even hosted. Those I put in a temporary decline until they can have a site to evaluate. If you are starting with nothing and want to add your first affiliate banners and links try emailing the merchant's affiliate manager. You should be able to find an email address on the merchants website. If not, then they probably do not have staff working on the program.

Thanks Chuck

I have been approved for many programs.

My main question is how do they "automatically decline" an application as soon as you click "apply".

I do thank you for your insight...it's nice to hear the merchants side.

Mel

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    meleemel,
    Merchants can choose to automatically decline certain affiliate applications based on a few different criteria like the affiliate's self selected category, traffic levels or geographic location. These filters are applied by the merchant before they ever review your application. Some merchants choose to auto-approve affiliate applications and rely only upon these filters. Others choose to manually review and approve any sites that pass their pre-defined filters.

Kelli

If you really want in with a merchant and feel you can make sales, call them or email them. 99% of the time they will accept you if you do.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Thank You both for your replies!

Kelli- That explains a lot. How do they know how much traffic a site receives? Thanks you so much!

7-days- I was thinking of contacting them, but I wanted to become familiar with why they decline before i write them.

I understand.

Along the way you will also encounter merchants that drop you because of no sales. Seems they wave their wand and globally delete everyone who has not had sales. If you are just slow in getting sales, show them your links, ask for their advice and could they reinstate you. Most times they put you back in and give you free advice that is really helpful.

Best of luck!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Kelli- That explains a lot. How do they know how much traffic a site receives? Thanks you so much!
    During sign up you enter the impression and visit info for your site. Merchants can see that data and set their filters based upon it.

I don't use auto filters on any of our programs, a site with 500 visitors per month might have 500 highly targeted niche focused credit card packing shoppers who want to BUY NOW!!!

The most common use of filters I have seen is the country based one, the one that merchants use to say "yea this persons from Australia so isn't capable of building a US focused site" . Personally I like those merchants, the folks they reject can come to our door

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

There is also a language filter for the domains on LinkShare..

What we need is a Filter by BHO/Software.

Animal Lover
    yea this persons from Australia so isn't capable of building a US focused site
    I get that a lot...

Oscar

Some of my best producing affiliates are from the UK, Australia and Asia. I look at the quality of the site and the theme. Even amateur looking sites can produce sales on a regular basis. Some of my sites amaze me on how they can convert but there are a lot of pay-per-click pages that AM's don't see. Top affiliates started some where and didn't instantly get a high PR or Alexa number. Many companies are missing the boat and limiting themselves. Those are the ones that are use parasites because they think they are going to make great sales with them. Redsand, if you make an honest attempt to contact the merchant and still are not accepted there are plenty of programs that would love to have you.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread