Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Just for those that didn't catch the posting in the June CJ Wire...

Save the Date for Commission Junction University
    CJU 2003 will be held in Santa Barbara, CA September 21 - 23. Notify your colleagues and mark your calendars today so you won’t miss this exciting pay-for-performance education event. Learn more about CJU on our Web site.

We need a good showing of affiliates that will show that we mean business.

Make reservations (there are less expensive hotels very close to the Fess Parker Doubletree)
    and show up.

I don't think they are taking suggestions on what topics to hold in their sessions but maybe Todd can respond and let us know their listening.

See you at CJU this year.

Allen Nance

Show me the Big Bucks!

ABW Ambassador
    My style... well, it is a bit unorthodox, and I really don't like the veggie sandwiches you Californians eat, nor the over zealous exercise fanatics. I'm a big dude who likes soul food. However, I will manage to make it this year as the keynote speaker, if you can pay me in advance, and get me the stuff I asked for. I want the best of the best, and nothing less. I will speak for a total of thirty minutes a day, with the CJ staffers bowing down and paying homeage to me after each time I'm up to speak; this will need to be done publicly, before the audience.

I don't want to fly. Instead, send me a luxury RV to pick me up, and bring me to CJU. Your board members can sit with me for one meal, either a breakfast meeting, or lunch. The dinner hour is off limits - will be eating with some movie stars, who want to kiss my tail. The rest of the time I will be signing autographs. NOTE: Please announce the fifty dollar charge per autograph, as there was a few awkward moments at the LS event, not long ago, when SM thought his should be free (can you believe that guy!).

I want a picture of my grandmother hung up, for all to see, in the registration area so people can pay tribute to her (R.I.P. Nana).

And please, call me so that you people can get further details, and don't screw it up. Thank you.

----------------------------
    Me Big Chuck
    Come to my site and pay me money or me get angry pull tree out of ground, and bust your head!

Chuckster,

ROTFLAMO!!!!!

============

Why didn't I get this email?

Don't they want the Haikster there?

I'll applaud if they announce that WhenU gets the award this year :P - I promise

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    "Technology providers" will pay for our trip, and expenses, Haiko, since they took so much money from us during the holiday season. I think that's fair, FOR STARTERS!

Me Big Chuck
    Come to my site and pay me money or me get angry pull tree out of ground, and bust your head!

GearShopper,
    I will be there again, and this time I promise no heckling during the awards ceremonies! Well, unless I don't like whomever wins!

See you there!

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

Big Chuck,

What about brown M&Ms? Are you OK if we don't pick them out?

See you all there!

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

I'll be there any, but you'll have to point out the guy responsible for international payments

Couldn't be much further away from the phillyBurbs.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    BC, you crack me up. I'll have to go to eBay now, and see what your autographs are currently sellin' for.

I do wish i could go to the seminar, jeeeze, the simple meeting up in Chicago inspired me to generate 3 new sites in a week, lol, Lord knows what an overnighter would do to me, heh.

"Nothing like a nice piece of hickory."
    -Preacher, Pale Rider

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    BigChuck ...can Charlie and I go along for the Ride in that RV. He hates to fly too. Says it makes him feel like a bird. I know I won't be invited to speak but no one can shut Charlie up from the peanut gallery. He normally places his autograph on people's shoulders, but I'll try to train him to use a inkpad and a quick parrot hop move for 50.00 a hop.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Actually, I would like to attend, just see what you folks talk about and do after the drinking starts. I would like eye witness testimony to what the lushes do at the bar everyone goes to after the event. You know, who ends up sleeping with who type stuff. This would make a great website idea, don'tcha' think?

Big Chuck, gossip collumnist for the world of affiliate marketing (I think Lauren would be a good side kick - she would have a field day!)

For real, though, I would like to go, but it is far away, and the money is tight right now. Please post details of how it all went, after it is over. Please provide transcripts, if you can.

Me Big Chuck

Todd, in order to appease me and get me to keep my mouth shut this year, I would like all pink m&m's.
    If not, an award will do nicely.
    I can be bought. Money and gifts will keep me quiet.

Connie Berg

ABW Ambassador
    I would like to go, but would be for pleasure mainly, and it is quite expensive the two airline tickets + hotel + etc needed to go from Buenos Aires to Santa Barbara... I will think about it..

Fer

I for one have no interest in seeing a bunch of grown people drinking themselves silly and competing to impress each with how great and important they are which is the main purpose of the whole thing.

I am relatively sure that there are no great affiliate marketing insights to be gained at CJU.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    - - - - -
    connie said: If not, an award will do nicely.
    - - - - -

Heh, Todd, I don't suppose you would let US choose some award categories for your consideration, lol. We'll be nice. Honest.

"Nothing like a nice piece of hickory."
    -Preacher, Pale Rider

quote:
    Originally posted by SSanf:
    I for one have no interest in seeing a bunch of grown people drinking themselves silly and competing to impress each with how great and important they are which is the main purpose of the whole thing.

I am relatively sure that there are no great affiliate marketing insights to be gained at CJU.

How totally untrue. I learned a whole lot last year and made some great connections!

Many of the speakers had very insightful things to say, and I gained a lot of insight and inspiration.

Plus, as an added pleasure, I got to meet up with some fellow affiliates and merchants and help spread the word on a lot of issues facing us. You'd be amazed at how much more can be accomplished in person.

Connie Berg

Is this by invitation only? If not, how do we find out more info about attending? Thanks.

Just got mine

It sucks being low man on the totem pole

Haiko

LOL just saw the pic from 2002 when eBates won their award ...

(Jeff CEO of CJ, Per Co-Founder CJ and Paul Nichols eBates)

Haiko

Haiko,

Thanks for your support.

Should I call you to discuss this or do you get what I mean?

GMAFB,

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Sandra,

quote:

Since, you've never attended, based on the above comments, I don't think you get what the event is about.

I still wish would attend though.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

How about doing on the east coast one of these times? Sure would make it more attractive to me...

Scott Marino
    WebUndies.com

CJ ~ 12% commission / 60 day cookies / unlimited actions / parasite free

quote:
    Originally posted by ToddCrawford, CJ.com:
    Should I call you to discuss this or do you get what I mean?

GMAFB,

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

GMAFB? Of course you send out the notice to affiliates based on their performance levels ... I'd do the same thing, but GMAFB? Geez ... I must be a bad influence!

Thank you for the email

Haiko

We've considered an East Coast event but to date it hasn't happened. As you can image, these events are costly so we need to work out all the logistics, etc. before we commit to an event "over there". Hey, btw, we do host a CJU in London every year - I think it is closer than Santa Barbara - depeneding on the jet steam.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Todd, if you made an event on the east coast, I'd definatley be there. With CJU going back to back with TECHXNY (ends 9/18), and considering the travel time needed to be in SB on Sunday morning, I doubt I'll be there. A New York event would definatley be appreciated by all of us East coasters

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager
    EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/6%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! <
    SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! <