Good Morning Everyone,

As of yesterday, we changed our baseline offer for the Hotel category. Instead of $2.00 for every hotel transaction, Orbitz will pay $6.00! That's triple the commissions. You will automatically be transferred to the new offer, 40.1 in two weeks. Else, feel free to opt-in to this new offer today.

This is so exciting for us and I know you've been asking for a higher payment on hotels for some time. How can you promote hotels? Well...

<LI>In addition to hotel deals all over the world, we have 75 city pages specific to deals in that particular city. A link exists for each city within the Linkshare interface.
    <LI>Our hotels are up to 70% off!
    <LI>Look for the new "dollar sign" icon for extra savings in our top cities.

In the future, look for the ability to receive even higher commission on our OrbitzSaver rates.

Till next time,

Blagica-
    (blah-gee-tsa)
    Orbitz Affiliate Program

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Blagica we all know Orbitz is a huge MASS advertiser on the Internet. Billion of popup Ads and e-mails. Known association with BHO firms and Opt-Out e-mail direct marketers.

That being said your generous $6.00 per Hotel lead offer, and commissions on airfare sales or travel packages, can provide affiliates with commissions if their targeted referral shopper cookie can survive to onslaught of your Gorrilla marketing campaigns. Big question is this. Aside from the BHO's do any of your mass advertising methods ever overwrite affiliate cookies? Example your e-mail followups or campaigns or those popup Ads from Ad serving agencies.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Hi,

Currently, our banners, popunders and e-mail campaigns do not overwrite the affiliate cookie.

Till next time,

Blagica-
    (blah-gee-tsa)
    affiliates@orbitz.com

[Cough!]

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

Did somebody cough??? lol

Blagica,

Do you have ads that do NOT pop up and pop under???

Perry

ClickMagazine.NET

Ecomcity,

I had to wait for my partner, Sarah, to explain what your post meant. She is the computer geek of ths partnership. I don't speak computer geek, so I need a translator. :-)

Do you know these things for a fact? If so, please post it. My partner and I would be interested.

Not that I believe it right off the bat, ecom, but how are you finding out about all of this stuff about companies?

You keep coming back with the damndest posts. ... They always put a smile on our faces.

Perry

ClickMagazine.NET

ABW Ambassador
    Perry, Orbitz's links and banners through Linkshare are standard affiliate links that do not pop up or under. The popups and unders that you see on so many of the highly trafficked sites are not affiliate-driven.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I did respond to your e-mails and you replied that you never overwrite LS affiliate cookies. Between Orbitz and Cheap Tickets getting some agencies to serve up billion of Ads and sending out millions of e-mails per year this dilutes any effort affiliates make if those mass Ad/e-mail campaigns over write our cokkies if clicked.

Anyone spending millions per year on advertising sure know every trick in the book. Not with Orbitz but other competitors I verified e-mail followup marketing links upon registration DID over write my affiliate cookie. Thanks for claifying that point.

Selling airline tickets is a small lead fee expense for travel merchants. Hawking Hotel rooms, tour packages and rental cars makes more sense for affiliates as long as that effort isn't undermined by non-commisionable e-mail campaigns using the site bound affiliates as just bird dogs. I made the mistake of booking some tickets from my home computer for neighbors over the years, and I can testify the amount of OPT-OUT travel and co-reg spam is horrendous. Takes months to get fully removed from these list brokers cross sells as each layer pealed gets scummier.

This is not your fault your caught up within an industry run and controlled by folks who seek paying cheaper commission structures then those offered to thousands of travel agents. Cheapest route is always CPM mass advertising. I'll put up more focused links to the Hotel type value add sections.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Blagica,
    If Orbitz going to provide search box for affiliate? search box convertion rate is much better than banner ...

Hi,

Yes, we have numerous ad sizes for the search boxes. Visit the "Create Links" section of the interface and select Dynamic Rich Media.

Thanks,

Blagica-
    (blah-gee-tsa)
    affiliates@orbitz.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blagica:
    Yes, we have numerous ad sizes for the search boxes. Visit the "Create Links" section of the interface and select Dynamic Rich Media.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    got it, thanks a lot.
    One more question, does orbitz provide XML or web service like Travelnow or Amazon?

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread