Buy.com
    Coldwater Creek
    Drugstore.com
    Hickory Farms
    Overstock.com
    Personal Creations
    Petco
    Sierra Trading Post

More details at http://www.linkshareclub.com/.

Please take look at the targets and let's talk how realistic the numbers are.

Who could posibly be so lucky as to generate $100,000 in sales for Overstock in 3 months??!! Definitely not me unless I go door-to-door. Somehow I don't think I will be seeing that bonus anytime soon.

15 years and counting
    Do we have to sign up, somewhere? or is it automatic. I think I can make it for some merchants.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Considering Buy.com and Avon are contantly popping on gator...I think I'll pass.

I would take a guess that most parasites are at the Elite level and will be doing everything in their power to make sure they get those bonuses.

Time to start monitoring real closely!

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Connie Berg:
    I would take a guess that most parasites are at the Elite level and will be doing everything in their power to make sure they get those bonuses.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since the bonus is based on improvement, I suspect the merchants playing this game will see some essentially inactive accounts suddenly become active and traffic from active sites to mysteriously disappear. Hmmm, I wonder where the traffic's gone?

As Enron discovered...Paying people to move items from column A to column B results in numbers moving from column A to column B.

As long as all eyes are on column B, things work out just fine.

sound thinking

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Here's another little tidbit to ponder that I hope backfires and drives their stock down to $10.00 a share.

National media campaign for Overstock: "Our campaign began slowly in August and will last for several more months, resulting in a multi-million dollar advertising spend by the end of the year. This is a departure for us because, to date, we have eschewed branding, opting instead to spend 99% of our advertising dollars online in pay-for-performance deals, then count on our customers (two-thirds of whom are female) to spread the word. We are so proud, however, of the development of our website, product selection, and the savings we offer that we decided it was time to stake out our claim as the premier e-tailer on the web providing outlet store discounts on department store products. We chose 'The Big O' because it alludes to Overstock.com's vast selection, is easy to remember, and seems to resonate with our audience," said Byrne.

Byrne concluded, "This is the second of four projects I mentioned during our second-quarter earnings conference call -- the first being our new search technology. These projects have taken more time and cost more money than I had anticipated. I think, however, that they will greatly enhance our business and the value we bring to our customers."

Always knew their major problem, that would undermine affiliates, was their addiction to mass advertising. They overexposed their affiliate cookie by breeding cross purposes within the affiliate channel. The life span of an Overstock cookie has been and will continue to be a worthless currency....lasting no longer than a fart smell in an elevator shaft.

What's up Patrick. You'd rather pay the Ad Whores millions for branding and a new tagline. Push the spend when the brick-n-mortar discounters are liable to make it just so much "white noise". Funny how you'd forget the one who pushed a successful site re-design on you when passing out millions. How about rewarding the one who offered advice on how to migrate and revive a dead affiliate program, requested you only push FREE FREIGHT as a advertising incentive to protect yourself from ROI diluting rogue affiliates. Must be you thought my tag line for Overstock... "The Good Shit-Cheap" ... was too PC sensitive and the Ad whores wacked you for millions for an equally sleezy line pushing women for "The Big O" eyebrow raiser.

Where's the love baby, when passing out the big bucks, for those who believed in you when you were just a .com wannabee with a solid ebiz plan forcused on the shopper. Couldn't even get Shawn to send that bottle of scotch he promised for picking my brains on that last 3 hr. phone call.

I'll just time my next OSTK stock purchase just right and charge you for advice that will raise it to a level where I can sell it for a profit as usual. Anyone want to comment on this Patrick Byrne statement....."second-quarter earnings conference call -- the first being our new search technology."

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Oh I am so happy! I have already hit all of the targets already !! YIPEE!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    I got my T-Shirt! Imagination that!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

They're high.

You might just be a Spammer if - Your welcome mat says, "You'd better have a search warrant."

I didn't read any posts, only saw the title, clicked on the link and I can say I'm pissed!

Parasite Laden merchants ... WTF!

No support from me on this ... I'm highly disappointed!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Ugh, I have not hit any targets... was just kiddin' I can see hitting a couple but some are just insane

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    I got my T-Shirt! Imagination that!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

They should just cut the check now and hand it over to the thievin', worthless parasites!

I'm not even going to bother with this!

If you beat your head against a wall often enough, you end up with a bruised head. I think I'll concentrate on independents that have a higher level of business ethics and standards...at least I know I'll get paid, and won't be handing it over to scumbag thieves!

Andy

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I have to agree very disappointing considering the associations with most of those merchants on the list. And considering some of the *cough* compliance issues seen lately with some of the parasites, it should be pretty easy for them to reach the bonuses, in part off of other affiliates traffic. Merry Christmas! And it should motivates me to promote those merchants. NOT!

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    A small bit of justice is that those merchants will be paying out bonuses on based in part on their own traffic. Serves them right. A totally illogical business move IMO.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

BLFH ...they consider the bonus payouts as lobbying expenses for the spin artist AM's.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Anyone else notice this....We seem to fall at the bottom qualifying dollar for every tier we qualify to be in the running for.

So what this means is we are positioned in the worst possible place to make any of the goals and will have to produce the biggest gains to meet any goal.

What is frustrating is that you can be in one tier by a few dollars and effectively price yourself out of any bonus at all. If we had sold just slightly less one month we would be in the top end of the silver tier and would easily make that bonus. Further, if you do not make a tier bonus, you get nothing. Not even the lower tier bonus for trying....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy:
    I think I'll concentrate on independents that have a higher level of business ethics and standards...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, that sure sounds like a more logical (and more profitable) approach.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Dear ABW affiliates -

LinkShare Club is structured with high, yet achievable, targets for affiliates at different levels so that everyone has a fair and equitable chance of meeting their established goals. The LinkShare Anti-Predatory Activities Addendum serves to protect affiliates in the Network from parasitic activities. LinkShare continues to work to ensure that affiliates with downloadable applications in the Network have signed the Addendum and are compliant with its terms. Many on the board have claimed parasitic activity, and we have thoroughly investigated each incidence when provided with specific examples. Absent any proof, the claims only serve to dissuade good download software from participating in the addendum process, which only further undermines the interests of everyone (including us) in solving this problem. As everyone knows we take this issue the most seriously of all the networks, but our efforts can only be successful if the downloadable apps and merchants see a benefit to our process. While some of you may feel that you want to see more in our addendum, I would argue that our addendum forms a fair line, and frankly offers the only real protection for your incredible efforts. As always, if you find instances of predatory activities from LinkShare affiliates, please send specific examples to abw@linkshare.com, and we will investigate immediately.

The merchants who participate in our Earn More in Q4 program came up with stretch, but achievable goals for all of you in the hopes that they could demonstrate their commitment back to you if you could show them what I know all of you can do. I think that is the sign of merchants who not only respect your efforts, but want to demonstrate with cold hard cash that they care. The fourth quarter is a huge opportunity for all of you to make a tremendous amount of money. LinkShare and LinkShare merchants want to make this fourth quarter something to remember by putting cash in your pockets. I hope you will see the program for what it is, a huge opportunity to earn more money. I suspect that those who are complaining about the goals are worried that they may not make it. The reality is that we worked with the merchants to make sure that the stretch goals were achievable. I have personally gotten a ton of emails from affiliates who are excited and aiming for the big bonus. If this works out you can be sure that we will offer more opportunities like this with more merchants. Once again, I think that you all do some of the most amazing and incredible work on the Internet. This push, which represents another first in the affiliate world by LinkShare, is just one of the ways we want to show you we care about you. Our addendum and strong stance in the face of competing but less effective approaches is another. I challenge all of the great entrepreneurs on this board to devise great new ways to hit those stretch goals and make this discussion and this fourth quarter the most productive it can be.

Best regards,
    Stephen

What type of "specific examples" is required? I have a screen capture of an avon ad popping in a gator/gain window when I follow my yverocher link, that's on a page that also has my avon link.

[This message was edited by ellen-s4y on October 13, 2003 at 07:05 PM.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by smesser:
    Dear ABW affiliates -

I challenge all of the great entrepreneurs on this board to devise great new ways to hit those stretch goals and make this discussion and this fourth quarter the most productive it can be.

Best regards,
    Stephen<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Stephen,

Can we also bring back the Dollar Days ($1 minimum treshold) from last year? That did very well for us and other fellow affiliates.

what a waste of bandwidth and man hours

A Good Friend will come bail you out of jail, but a True Friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn, That Was Fun!!"

The only reward I get enthused about from an LS merchant during the 4th quarter would be the account payouts over $1.00 in commissions.

100% of those even with any chance in those mid tier prize categories require one or more of the following:

1. Huge e-mailing campaigns capable of blasting out millions of those merchants adverts to set cookies and offer purchase incentives. All ANA/DMA members, including portals like AOL -Yahoo -MSN, and those with 20-50 million e-mail addresses are in the running.

2. Those affiliates, who operate BHO's getting LS nightly fresh incent offers autoloaded, and have more than 10 million captive members have a chance. Those BHO's who also have the Opt-Out spam machine in place setting their cookies can whack group #1.

3. Those LS DUPERS, who are just affiliates in a merchants disguise, who have an affiliate sales force and spamm system are in the running.

My 23 million impressions and hundreds of thousands of clicks to these LS major merchants have shown me none can convert better then 1 sale per 200 clicks. So sorry I can't recommend gambling thousands in PPCSE fees to generate the traffic level necessary to win a tier prize for this group.

I showcase Overstock, but would never spend a dime promoting them outside of web ink on my sight to try and get $100,000 in sales. Every major traffic site and e-mailer already over writes my OS return day cookies. My hope is the ANA/DMA membership all get legislated out of business or severly muzzled in the near future so a webmasters, like me, can continue to make affiliates sales from LS generated network links.

Mike & Charlie ...

In a word, I was underwhelmed by it.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Mike and Charlie,

Thank you for your help in understanding all this. I am not sure just what a BHO is. Could you please fill me in?

Thank you. Lily

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread