ABW Ambassador
    Since Target modified their terms , I've noticed conversions drop considerably, rather than increase as they should with longer cookie durations , but it sure looks as if they are trying to cover up their conversion rate by reporting more orders with each one being for only 1 item .

Target, I'm not buying it !
    When all the other 1 item orders are matching accessories to other 1 item orders , I have to wonder if this is not some BS attempt to make it look as if conversions are better than they actually are, albeit smaller orders .

Is it common for someone to order a bedspread in one order, then another person order the exact matching valance, while yet another person orders the matching pillow sham, while yet one more person comes along and orders only the matching sheets in yet one more 1 item order order ?

I think not . Last month and this month so far , I show the EXACT same amount of orders as I do items sold .

If I match up the items sold into realistic order combinations , and put them together as I'm preety darn sure they should have been reported , it appears that Target is now converting at a rate of around 1 in 300 clicks or less , but the way they are reporting more orders , with just 1 item per sale , a buffoon
    might think it was a 1 out of 100 clicks conversion .

Anyone else seeing this type of thing in their reports , or has someone over at Target mistaken me for a buffoon ?

it's true, they list 1 sale/item, if 2 or more of the same item are ordered together it's still 1 sale. I think it's got something to do with the way their order system works but don't quote me on it. It wouldn't surprise me if they have a lot of abandoned carts because it's quite confusing.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread