I'm posting this as a separate thread, and I am very curious if this is happening to others of us.

Linkshare seems to have a SERIOUS problem with their mailings recently.

I have had several of my checks get remailed to me in the past week from other affiliates who were kind enough to put my check back in the mail.

I HAVE ALSO RECEIVED FOUR CHECKS DESTINED FOR OTHER AFFILIATES IN THE LAST WEEK.

Now we're not talking about checks that have my address on the front and I open the letter and another check is in there too. No. We're talking about the envelopes that are addressed correctly on the outside, but they still wind up in MY PO Box in a totally different state than the person who should get them.

I don't know if the letters are sticking together, or LS isn't presorting them correctly, or what the deal is. But its only been in the last 2-3 weeks that I've seen this happening to me, and I have to wonder if still more checks meant for me have been misdirected as well as the ones people have already forwarded along to me. And I've made sure to get the checks I've gotten incorrectly back into the mail. Seeing as I get a zillion LS checks every month, I'm going to have to do some detective work to see if any of mine are unaccounted for.

And I'm grateful to the affiliates who remailed the checks I got recently.

ABW Ambassador
    No problems from here with LS checks.

Would love to get a few of Ebate's checks by mistake....

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

[This message was edited by Connie Berg on October 12, 2003 at 04:46 PM.]

At last someone with the same problem as me! Two of my Linkshare checks for August sales have not reached me and it's now been almost a month since they were mailed. This is definitely a problem which I think Linkshare should address because it probably affects thousands of affiliates. This is the first time it has happened to me but I say "once is too often". I've reported it to LS and am now waiting to see what they are going to do about it.

I have had this same problem at least 5 times in the past few weeks!!!
    I'm receiving linkshare checks when on the envelope is marked "received at wrong address". I know it happened to 5 checks but who knows how many other checkes were just lost somewhere or received by another affiliate.
    Linkshare MUST address this IMMEDIATELY with the mail centers they use. Something is SERIOUSLY wrong there.

ABW Ambassador
    Is the address on the checks correct or does it state a company name, but the wrong address to match that company? In other words, is this a post office fowl up or something related to linkshare and how they are addressing envelopes?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Survey Man:
    Is the address on the checks correct or does it state a company name, but the wrong address to match that company? In other words, is this a post office fowl up or something related to linkshare and how they are addressing envelopes?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The address on all of them was correct. It must be something at the post office from where Linkshare is sending them out is seriously wrong.

I received another of MY checks that another affiliate forwarded to me today.

My checks are winding up in the mailboxes of other affiliates. And other affiliate checks are winding up in my mailbox.

Please understand that I typically get a stack of LS checks on the days those arrive, and so out of 10-15 checks, I am sometimes finding checks addressed for other affiliates inside my stack.

So far, I have gotten checks for 4 other affiliates. And so far, I have had three of my checks re-mailed to me by other affiliates who've mistakenly opened my check and dropped them into another envelope and paid the postage to mail them to me. The affiliates who have passed along my checks to me are also medium to large affiliates who undoubtedly get a lot of checks.

Its also frustrating since it is difficult for me to determine which of my checks are missing. But I'm sure some are missing.

I would REALLY like to see some sort of response from LS about this problem, as it is really getting out of hand.

ABW Ambassador
    Odd, I wonder if Yikole and TI Master are from the same area and if it is in fact you two getting each others checks....

TI Master, and all --

By any chance do the envelopes have a bar code on them? I'm thinking that maybe Linkshare's barcode printer got screwed up. That would explain how a perfectly addressed envelope might still go to the wrong address.

Chris Park
    Affiliate/Partnership Manager
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074

Well, some of the checks meant for me were received by someone in Philadelphia, and another by someone in New York.

The checks I received that were meant for other people, were addressed to four different affiliates in four different states.

Can't really find a pattern, other than one affiliate got two of my checks. But that affiliate is huge and undoubtedly gets a lot of checks.

Chris,

The envelopes I got for other affiliates had no bar codes on the front. I thought of that as well. My other letters did have bar codes. I did wonder if that could have been some of the envelopes sticking together early on or something.

PS. It was good meeting you at AF2003.

TI Master,

I'm sure it was good meeting you, too, at AF2003. Care to give me a clue as to which of the 200 folks you were? LOL!

Chris Park
    Affiliate/Partnership Manager
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi TI Master -

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. My accounting team has been alerted to this issue, and we are taking steps to ensure that this issue does not occur with future payment mailings.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Consolidate the checks, problem solved!!!

Some of you appear to have been lucky to get your checks forwarded to you by affiliates who have received them in error. With my luck it appears that the person who got mine just couldn't be bothered sending them on as it's been over a month and I still haven't received two of my checks . Guess I will just have to fight this one out with LS on my own.

According to Linkshare, Art.com checks for August commissions were mailed on 10/9. Has anyone received their's yet? We haven't received ours and 12 days seems like an awful long time to get mail from NY to TN when it usually takes only 2-3 days.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, received art.com yesterday, so you will most likely get it by tomorrow if not today.

It has happened to me too....I received three checks that were destined on the other side of the country.

ABW Ambassador
    This happened to us with mail from our credit card company. It just so happened my mailperson was there at the time. She said it's happening when companies are in a hurry and the glue from the envelopes stick together. Hence, we got someone elses mail and theirs had no stamp on it. Luckily, it was going to end up back at the credit card company instead of the garbage as I'm sure happens frequently.

Hi Sarah,

It's all very well that the accounting team has been alerted, but what are they going to do about re-issuing checks to affiliates who have never received them? I complained about this almost 6 weeks ago and at first LS seemed to be very helpful - I got an email to say that I would be informed shortly regarding the replacement check numbers and mailing dates (that was on 10/9). It has now been 2 weeks and I've heard nothing further so LS has probably chosen to ignore me completely. Considering the foul-up which has occurred with checks being misdirected, don't you think it's only fair that LS should keep us informed about what is happening, and when we can expect to receive replacement checks? This whole business has left me with a very bitter taste in my mouth, and it will be very interesting to see if I get my latest payments which were mailed on 10/20. Any help you can provide here would be greatly appreciated.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread