http://www.linkshareclub.com/

Posted at the Bottom of the Page:

We have heard from many Affiliates requesting that they not be ranked or listed as part of any week-to-week Affiliate Leader Board. Our original intent in publishing the Affiliate Leader Board was to encourage greater and broader participation. Accordingly, we have decided to discontinue the Leader Board.

Wonder if they really removed it due to all the flak they got about all the parasites on the lists?

Also, new addition - $15,000 TITANIUM AWARD!
    $15,000 will go to the one affiliate who outperforms everyone else.

So do you think any regular affiliates have a chance on this one? Wanna take bets that it will be a parasite?

I am afraid this just gives the parasites all the more incentive to accidentally have glitches that overwrite our links!

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

Spin, spin, spin goes the record (setting stats)... this is applesauce!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> We have heard from many Affiliates requesting that they not be ranked or listed as part of any week-to-week Affiliate Leader Board <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Pure unadulerated bullshoot yet another example of the networks bending over backwards to appease the thieving parasites

I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

ABW Ambassador
    The flak about parasites was well deserved, but it IS true that many regular affiliates prefer to "fly under the radar" rather than be singled out for their competitors to scrutinze.

I will agree with you on that buckworks but I doubt thats the case here, it happened to fast.

I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

ABW Ambassador
    I do wonder how fairly the Titanium Award is going to be judged...I'd like to think even a smaller affiliate could win.

What exactly does "Industry Innovation & Leadership" mean? How can this really be quantified, or is this the wild card to tip the scales?

This is a no win situiation for anybody that isn't a BHO affiliate.

What can Linkshare do for the smaller affiliates? Nothing...

How does Linkshare incentive it with the types of players we're up against.

Pay of percent of increase of business? Parasites just go turn on the catch all button and their numbers shoot through the roof.

Offer it to the highest increase percentage? Same thing.

There is nothing that any low end on the totem pole affiliate can do but laugh it off to incentive the dupers. (Gawd I'm sounding like Mike)

It's not a warm and fuzzy feeling indeed.

Instead of offering this huge reaping of a reward, maybe Linkshare can do better things with the money.

1. Spend it on support. (Many people post that emails go unanswered)
    2. New envelope licker.

3. A more productive use: find out why I for one affiliate that use to get $1100 to $2000 a month in comissions from their programs is now expecting maybe $75.00 this month.

They really want to only manage 100 or so affiliates. The rest of us are excess baggage for advertisment purposes.

At least Jennifer Christie from CJ asked what's happening.....

Differece in management I guess. I have never felt I could just call up someone at Linkhsare and get an answer to a problem. Maybe they use the customer NO service model.

Off the soap box,

Allen

It's all in my own opinion.

I look for the day, when every affiliate from every nation can climb to the mountain top and yell,
    'Free again, Free Again."

Today is a national day of parasite free shopping.

ABW Ambassador
    I wouldn't mind the awards going to a large company that is actually provided a clean service. For example there are newspapers, a few sites hawking non-pirated CDs, software companies, etc.. These sites could be using affiliate marketing to help monetize the traffic they developed by providing services.

It is just that BeFree and CJ have been helping in the development of every underhanded marketing mechanism you can name. It galls me when we add incentive that magnify the awards to companies that are essentially trashing the Internet.

As for the listing the names...you know, I personally wish we lived in a world where the merchants were truly proud of the different things they were funding with their advertising dollars. Instead, even the small affiliate is just in a player the search engine spam game.

That would be a great reward...give awards to quality organizations. LS could make a list of what it feels are truly quality sites. LS affiliates could vote for the ones that we think are actually doing something.

Or, maybe everything on the internet is just garbage...like TV.

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry about the dup messages...the "Post Now" key flipped out, it started flashing wildly and posting the message multiple times. I deleted a few of the dups but ABW is acting really strangely and now won't let me delete the rest.

I am now scared to press the "Post Now" button.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Sorry about the dup messages...the "Post Now" key flipped out, it started flashing wildly and posting the message multiple times. I deleted a few of the dups but ABW is acting really strangely and now won't let me delete the rest.

I am now scared to press the "Post Now" button. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Some people will do anything to get their post totals up...

As for the changes, I can certainly understand legitimate publishers not wanting their sites to be listed on such a list. I'm certain LS had complaints about it.

But there has also been considerable upset over some of the publishers on that list, since their business plans depend on feeding off of the traffic of other publishers.

This activity needs to be stopped.

Andy

Affiliate Network Rep
    Just got in from a trip and finished reading these messages. Not to be still caught in the world of catch 22, but are we always damned if we do damned if we don’t? LinkShare wants to show the list of winners because it is in our interest to try to help everyone see what great ideas other sites have come up with to win their awards. The list was by no means taken down because of any BHO discussion; in fact, I think we have been very open in discussing the issue last week. While we would like to publish the list, we will respect the wishes of our partners to keep their names out of it. Anyway, I look forward to giving out more $$$$$$ to you all and I cannot wait for you to Earn More in Q4!!!! I hope one of you wins the Titanium award!!!!

Stephen

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread