From the LinkShare Create Links page: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> You can customize your rotation by selecting only the banners which you wish to rotate on your site. Simply check the boxes next to the images you wish to rotate. Note that the images you select must be all of one size and one merchant. Then click the Generate Code for Rotation button on the left. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Am I missing something? There are no boxes to check next to the images. The merchant is Motormint.

Andy

I noticed that the only ads that offer the ability to be rotated are those served from LinkShare servers. The ads served from the merchant's servers don't have the rotation box to click.

Is this just an oversight?

Andy

Andy:
    Somewhat OT, sent you a PM.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

Sorry to be so late on this post - but I just noticed it. Until recently, we have always served our own banners. We lost one of our image servers in that NE Blackout and I had Linkshare host the images that we on the lost server. It naturally created havoc with the affiliates who were using those images as the links then had to be changed. Rather than creat more distress, I left those images on Linkshare's servers. I did not know until reading this post that the banner rotation generator was only activated when Linkshare hosted images were present.

While Linkshare's CPM for image hosting is a little pricy - I don't mind adding any particular banners that anyone may want for a rotation into the Linkshare hosting mix. Just let me know and I will get it done for you immediately.

Dale Wentzel
    Director, Online Marketing Motormint.com
    365 Day Cookie | Parasite Free | Commission on ALL Sales

Dale,

I'll check and let you know. There was a certain size that I thought would be nice to rotate, but only one or two of the ads had the boxes next to them. It think it was the 125 x 125 ads, but I'm not sure.

Thanks,
    Andy

Andy.

If you let me know today - I'll get it done for you as quickly as possible so that you can get it this weekend. Don't want you to miss any of this season if I can help it.

Dale

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread