I have a fairly new site I'm promoting mostly Linkshare merchants on. I was pretty happy with the sales in October from it, but this month has been pretty bad. I made one sale on the 3rd and then didn't get any more, until recently. I made one on the 12, and now I see I made one on the 5th that just showed up yesterday. Last month at this time I had made quite a few sales. And compared to last month, my SE rankings are up, my unique visitors are up and my click throughs are higher too. I was really getting concerned that Linkshare might be having some problems, but I do feel a bit better now that I have the sales from the 12 and 5th. Still, it's much less than last month. During this same period, with a Share a Sale merchant on the site I have just as many or more sales than last month.

Tells ya something about parasite infected programs eh?

Allen

Parasites, get out of my Life!

ABW Ambassador
    I am pretty sure parasites are overwriting more in November than October. It is going to be worse in December. Any bets?

Except for 1 or 2 merchants, LS is pretty dead for me. One of my money-maker merchant converted at 1:426. Compared to a few months before, I used to get 1:20. It's pathetic!

I'd have promoted LS more if they had $1 minimum payment like last year. I have several merchants $1 or $2 shy of the minimum amount payable for months. At least I'd have received checks from them. To be frank, I do not like this new Linkshare club. It is not possible to reach the levels by most medium size affiliates.

I'm not sure if my problem is parasite related or not. Two of the 4 Linkshare merchants have parasite free policies. One of the others I never made many sales from anyway. The other one though, it is a possibility. It is one that I had made quite a few sales from in the past and I don't know what their parasite policy is.

ABW Ambassador
    Slower than I would have hoped or expected from seeing all the write ups on the boom in online shopping this year....

It is mediocre so far but will most likely pick up around Thanksgiving or shortly after. There sure has not been any substantial pop in sales yet, only a few merchants here and there but not across the board yet.

ABW Ambassador
    LS slow for me too, but luckily BeFree is taking up the slack, already beat my best month ever with them, with still over half a month to go. Hopefully LS plays catch-up.

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

ABW Ambassador
    Even when Befree does good, it still doesn't compare to the sales at Linkshare. It would have to hit a very large amount of sales to make up for a deficit at Linkshare that is...

As I said, there a few merchants doing really good but as a whole sales have not grown much yet overall.

ABW Ambassador
    Best month ever from Linkshare. In fact, 10 of the last 12 months have been up with LS.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread