I hope this is a good place to post this:

I tried to go through the Linkshare interface to obtain an affiliateship from Ulla Popken but the company didn't seem to be listed anywhere, and the search box didn't come up with anything either (never seems to, anyway.)

So I went to the Ulla Popken site and filled out the form there. There is no place there to identify myself as a Linkshare affiliate.

Now I find myself with a new Linkshare account, aUaHyNDHR, which I definitely don't need. If it is possible, could you please put my Ulla Popken affiliateship under the user name herbbreese? I doubt if I can do it myself within the Linkshare interface.

_____
    I earned something? Who screwed up?

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    As far as I am aware accounts can't be merged... I could be wrong, but when I have asked before for this for other partners it was not possible.

Cheers

Chris

<font size="1"> Web Studio-1 Solutions.
    http://www.webstudio-1.com

All Programs :- Low Threshold : High Return Days : Excellent Support : 100% Parasite Free
    Mondera.com-Netmagazines.com-KegWorks.com -Left On Main -Pierced Body-Irish Photo Shop-Vegas Experts

<FONT COLOR=red size="1"> A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again. Alexander Pope </font></font>

When I asked they said it could not be done, no merge. eGames got me now I have 3 accounts one I never open and only rememeber maybe once every other year when I get an email about that stupid account.

kinda clunky way to go, huh?

maybe LinkShare can tell me why they don't list Ulla Popken within their interface.

I would rather withdraw until I can keep everybody under one account. However, I will log on and see if I can at least see what links are available.

Thanks, 'yall.

_____

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Herb -

I sent you a private message about the status of your account.

Thanks,
    Sarah

There are a few merchants who aren't listed on the normal interface. Alot of them only offer private offers to select affiliates, and prefer to "hand pick" their affiliates.

I can think of a few right off hand.

-----------------------------
    Scott
    Words to Live By:
    "No matter where you're at... there you are."
    "Can't we all just get along? Only when we've been drinking."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Herb:
    kinda clunky way to go, huh?

maybe LinkShare can tell me why they don't list Ulla Popken within their interface.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you applied for your first Linkshare account through a merchant site, that may be reason that Ulla Popken is not listed.

Linkshare has a feature for merchants that if an affiliate applies through a merchant site, that merchant can block their competitors to be shown on that affiliate's account.

Sounds undemocratic, but it was put in place, after some merchants complained and said that they did not want to help their competitors to recruit affiliates, via their own sites.

And also, there are some merchants who's not shown in main interface, you'll need to contactthem to be in their program: Apple Computers, JC Penney, Playboy Store, etc.

Also, some merchnats can establish criteria for applications so that they won't be available in the accounts in which the affiliate did not meet their criteria: eLuxury.com, etc.

Thank you, SamBay, I didn't realize the system was that complex. Makes more sense now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Hi Herb -

I sent you a private message about the status of your account.

Thanks,
    Sarah <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been off dancing for the entire weekend. Apparently a PM times out quickly. Without other input I'm keeping the new account going and using it for apps where my epc should look better and the application will be more relevant. Thanks for the response; sorry I wasn't "here" for it.

In the process of looking for it I discovered a private section where something was waiting for me so this has been educational.

Thank U all

Herb

_____

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread