Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I run a Disney-focused site and usually have excellent sales from DisneyStore.com -- but I haven't seen one single sale since October 5!

This is especially strange since I featured several DisneyStore promos on my home page this month. Normally that will result in a very large surge in sales.

Anyone else noticing a complete lack of sales for DisneyStore.com in October? I wrote to the affiliate manager and she called and claimed they are tracking fine...

My Disney sales are generally light but I did have two sales this month.

My disney sales have been going up since sales for Halloween started. They have been regular. Maybe check your links if you normally see sales and aren't now.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

Ebates.

If your site is working fine, you may want to consider dropping them. Mnay, NOT ALL, merchants will sporatically hold back payments to rake in more avenue. Of course it is hard to prove otherwise, but your turn may have come about. Of course they won't do this to a large group of their affilaites, thus signaling a red flag.

It's something to seriously consider, especially after 3 weeks of your visitors clicking on your ads and not getting any sales from it.

ClickMagazine.NET

Ugh, I don't think I agree with this holding back payments thing...

Place a test order or two, if they don't report, I would be concerned. I would also contact your affiliate manager, AND check your OID at Disney Store. Many merchants at LS often change these and you don't know until you go into the panel. Merchants always send out oudated oids in emails, so I never pull links from emails to ensure I don't post a bum one. If you don't know what an oid is please pm me and I will help you.

Love your site, just went to Disney in October :0)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    I got my T-Shirt! Imagination that!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I just checked your Disney oid, you have 37501.
    My oid is 6555. Check your links at linkshare and if the 37501 is not in all of the links, update your links to include the new number in your links. This should fix the problem if that is it. :0)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    I got my T-Shirt! Imagination that!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When I was little, Mickey Mouse came at me to shake my hand. I was scared of those big ears of his, so I kicked him [edited].

I wonder if that is the reason why we never went back.

ClickMagazine.NET

[Watch your language Perry]

[This message was edited by Haiko on October 31, 2003 at 02:27 PM.]

I'm so glad you matured when you grew up!

SJohnson@NO_Spam_ClickMagazine.Net
    www.ClickMagazine.Net

Anne, bless you! You were absolutely correct, they have changed the offerid number in all of their text links. I guess it never occurred to them to notify their affiliates!

Thank goodness you thought of that. I was starting to think I was losing my mind. My clickthroughs kept going up and up, but no sales.

I hate to think how much this has cost me. <sigh> Well, at least this should fix it.

Glad you like my site!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> sporatically hold back payments to rake in more avenue <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll have to excuse Perry's typo's, his desktop is acting up and he's on the laptop.

Small keys, big fingers...it's also pretty painful to witness.

SJohnson@NO_Spam_ClickMagazine.Net
    www.ClickMagazine.Net

And also a big....oh, wait, there's no profanity allowed.

How's my spealling on thes post?

ClickMagazine.NET

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Guys

Changing the OID makes no difference.

Every Partner can have a different OID, what Partner A has can be different for Partner B, it is used to define which Commmission structure a partner is in, and is more to do with who can see what links in the system than anything else, I can see no other reason for it to exist (except maybe a hang over from previous versions of Linkshare)

BECAUSE it actually has no impact on the commission or tracking, as the offer you are registered on within Linkshare, overrides the OID variable in the link.

So anyway even if it did impact sales, changing mousesavers OID to the same as Anne's would only work if they were in the same Offer on the Disney Program

Does that make sense

If anyone knows different please feel free to tell me. Might be good if Sarah could come in an explain it clearer.

Cheers

Chris

<font size="1"> Web Studio-1 Solutions.
    http://www.webstudio-1.com

All Programs :- Low Threshold : High Return Days : Excellent Support : 100% Parasite Free
    Mondera.com : Netmagazines.com : Pierced Body : Irish Photo Shop :Vegas Experts

<FONT COLOR=red size="1"> A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again. Alexander Pope </font></font>

[This message was edited by Chris - WSO on October 30, 2003 at 10:00 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    I tried disneystore for 2 years or more but never made a sale with them.

Parasites are thieves. What are you going to do about it?

Chris, I think you are so wonderful and you glow with leadership on ABW, but I don't agree with your viewpoint on the oid thing, I have heard this before...

( BTW, I didn't tell her to change her oid to mine, I told her to check her oid...)

IMHO You do need to keep them updated and they change all of the time. I have been marketing for linkshare for four years and if I ever have a slump with merchant sales and check the oid, it is almost always different... when I change it sales almost always return. Maybe it is a quirky miracle, but it works for me, and several other affiliates who have tested it out. This also happens in performics, the primary id will change and throw off all links generated off of the old original link. When I update links there, I see changes as well.

Please note that you have to check all of your merchant oids on a regular basis, they frequently change, and the oids in the emails they send you each month when they have special offers rarely match the oid you are under at linkshare.

Linkshare has been contacted about this oodles of times by many affiliates, I am not sure why this problem cannot be resolved.

I would be interested to see if mousesavers sales increase after updating the oid, just the same :0)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    It pays to be clever
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I agree with Anne, we have tested on this for several years together and changing the oid does seem to make a difference.
    Whenever we notice slumps in sales, we update the oid and sales come back.
    And no matter how many people tell me It doesn't matter, I will keep on keeping my oid's up to date.

Connie Berg

Here is a thought.... what if merchant B has the oid: 123455

But then, after six months in business, they change the offer for all affiliates and EVERYONE has a new oid and it is

the original oid 123455

no longer exists for anyone, anywhere.

How can that track sales?

Then that oid goes out in emailed offers for affiliates to post for the next three years....but doesn't exist...

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm. Ya have to wonder even if you are sold on the theory that oid doesn't matter.

The OID is the commission offer right? I thought, as long as the AID and PID were there, it would still track regardless of which offer you currently have checked.

I guess I need to check all my pages for wrong oid's (links & images). UHG - it's gonna be a loooooong weekend.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All -

Chris is correct. Updating the OID in your linking code will not impact tracking or commissions. Commissions are based on the program level in which you are participating at the time of the transaction, regardless of the OID in the referring link. Our system is devised so that you do not need to change your existing links when you change program levels. Additionally, if an offer in which you are participating expires, you will automatically be placed into a new program for that merchant.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Thank you for the clarification Sarah. I'm glad I was on the mark.

Else as Anne says it could have been an horrific job for some one with thousands of links to have to have had to update them everytime a new offer came out

Cheers

Chris

All Programs :- Low Threshold : High Return Days : Excellent Support : 100% Parasite Free

<FONT COLOR=red size="1"> A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again. Alexander Pope </font></font>

Sorry, I still don't agree.
    So I will keep on updating mine along with Connie and many others who have seen otherwise.

I do a find and replace to update mine.

I'll run some test orders next week on Mondera over a range of offers using my test site, without changing the OID and post the results next week. Then we'll know for sure

Cheers

Chris

Actually might not, the system is not exact ever. This is what makes it so frustrating.

I am not alone in my position, along with me and Connie, there are many others who have been around for a bit who have seen similar results over the years.

Chris, you are funny... You may win this on paper, but We will all continue to update our OIDS regardless of the results. We have seen sales return after updating oids too many times for it to be a fluke... ha ha!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    It pays to be clever
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Just too many times after updating the oid that sales start up again...to much of a coincidence for me to chance it.

I hadn't had a sale for Delias in a month, updated the oid and all of a sudden some sales... happens all the time. As I check reports, if I notice something not quite right the first thing I check is the oid, and 9 times out of 10 it has changed, and when updated the sales start....

Connie Berg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast