Well, WalMart never converted for you? Here you have it from their own mouth:

"Wal-Mart, the world's biggest retailer, says most walmart.com shoppers use the site for research -- and that's just fine.

"It drives traffic to the store," said Cynthia Lin, a spokeswoman for the chain's Web site . "Either way, walmart.com is a great source."

http://www.ecommercetimes.com/perl/story/32062.html

[This message was edited by Yikole on November 13, 2003 at 04:20 AM.]

WalMart can bend over and take it up the **BLEEP**

This message was edited due to profanity.

ClickMagazine.NET

[This message was edited by Perry on November 13, 2003 at 06:41 AM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Of course Wal-Mart.com is mostly for research. I use it when I am deciding what to buy.

Lots of people go to Wal-Mart stores; and look online before they go so they have an idea of prices etc.

I would imagine that it was similar for Sears.com and other massive retail stores

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Affiliate Manager
    The irony here is that Wal Mart apparently often lists lower prices online and their in store policy is not to match (even with shipping included) because that would be competing with themselves.

Jessica Hutson
    Senior Manager of Affiliate Relations/Development
    Interactive Affiliate Network

A parasite free contract since June 2001
    http://ian.com

ABW Ambassador
    Irony? I think the word you are looking for Jessica is scam.

Trying to think of other merchants that have Brick and Mortar representation right around the corner, and how poorly they would work out. Let's see McDonalds, Walgreens/CVS, more...?

I am not surprised about their admission. When I try to sell for Best Buy or Circuit City, I try to highlight the free shipping, or the ability to pickup things odered hassle free. It's a tough sell though, when the store is right around the corner.

Fred

You might just be a Redneck if - Birds are attracted to your beard...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chez Noir:
    Irony? I think the word you are looking for Jessica is scam.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't know, it seems logical to offer lower prices on site from the point of view of lower overhead and it seems like it'd potentially be a powerful plus for affiliates that encourages the completion of the sale online instead just doing research.

ABW Ambassador
    First, whatever it is, it is not ironic.

Second, if they acknowledge that people go online to do research - aka compare prices - and come in and buy. They are purposefully misleading people to bring them into their stores.

Why someone would shop at, let alone promote walmart is beyond me.

Chet

I am so Glad to remove over 900,000 Links of walmart from my sites.

Sending hundrads of clicks and getting no sales. awwwww

Asif

Wal-Mart. Don't even get me started!

First, they go into a new market, build a store, open it with very low prices, drive all the local competition out of business, then raise prices and carry selective (limited) merchandise.

They hire illegal aliens, work them like horses, and pay them next to nothing for their work.

They treat their employees like sh!t and then run TV ads telling everyone how wonderful it is working there. Next time you're in a Wal-Mart, take a good look around. Do the employees look like they're happy? If they do, it's because they've been told to smile, and be "perky" when on the sales floor!

Now they admit they don't really care if any of their affiliates make money promoting them, they just want customers to come into the store!

Somehow, this doesn't surprise me. If you promote Wal-Mart, you're doing America and yourself a disservice.

McJob = a low-paying, dead-end job
    Martjob = working for a corrupt discount retailer for minimum wage, with no future

Go ahead be a fool and support them, just to save a little money. Endorse all the bad things they've done. You don't have to care about anyone other than yourself.

Wal-Mart and the people who appear in their TV commercials

Andy

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The series of Ad whores running this Walmart frontend for foot traffic don't even convert for the damn BHO's they partner with....

Like I've said fro years their reporting tags all get ativted Nov 15th and get shut off Dec 16th from my stats. Fire this AM firm and let an actual Walmart employee run their affiliate program.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Put some freaking kisoks in the stores, and let the customer research their butts away, in the store, not at the website.

But, hey, there is always Amazon.

ABW Ambassador
    This is true of lots of big names that have stores in every town, not just WalMart. If you promote UK merchants, you will find the same problem with Argos and Comet; both of which have shops in every high street.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

I have already removed Wal-Mart(900,000 products), Barnesandnoble.com ( 800,000 products) and Kmart (50,000 products). Now I am thinking to do the same with Best Buy and Circuit City.

Hundreds of clicks and hardly any sale for those sites who have a store in the neighborhood.

Are we only working to send the traffic to their site without any pay?

Asif
    http://www.plaza101.com

ABW Ambassador
    The Only Company Wal-Mart Fears
    http://www.fortune.com/fortune/inves...538834,00.html

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

Speaking of Walmart.

Linkshare wanted us at GiftBaskets.com to promote their toys on our site. Right! They sell similar gift baskets and flowers at 30% below what we sell them for. And forget about any cross promotion that Walmart says they do. I personally like shoppint at Walmart, but beware. They are trying to squeeze our competitors for all types of products.

For Linkshare and Walmart to even ask for a company like ours to promote their toys is absurd. Once they have a hook into a customer, you will never get them back.

Thanks,

Phil Davis
    Corporate Sales Manger

GiftBaskets.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    What Andy said about how they treat empl*yees. Only they treat everybody rotten, not just illegals.

WalMart: An equal opportunity lousy job!

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

While we agree about Walmart the Brick and Mortars, this is an affiliate forum. Any comments on their affiliate program? tracking, payments etc. They became more attractive ever since they introduced return days and boosted commission to 5% (I think). I havent given them more exposure though and they are still not converting at all for me. Any experiences yall willing to share?

Sal @ PHATBargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    They are converting very well now. They always do for us in November and December.

Their prices are excellent and the 97 cents shipping is a great improvement.

But I suppose some will fault them for undercutting their online competition. Boohoo.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread