ABW Ambassador
    now live at LS, just a heads up.

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

ABW Ambassador
    They don't have much choice for banners

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    My bet is they are managed by some lazy wank AM professional management firm and will appear on everu scumbag BHO merchant list within a week. Can any one say branding campaign a FREE traffic while the BHO's scrap off all the commission at the point of sale. No major brand Brick-n-Mortar merchant at Linkshare is run by an employee or someone responsible for sales conversions.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

as i joined im saying to myself hmmm im giving some free christmas traffic who knows

------------------------------
    parasites = no money
    no parasites = money
    money is the choice im making i will see you there!!

ABW Ambassador
    I probably will get denied since i list promotions but who knows, i have sears and nordstrom but not JCPenney. Don't understand what you mean by free traffic, if someone buys something i get paid, just like any other merchant.

My definition of free traffic for a brick-n-Mortar major merchant's program run by a professional AM Adwhore operation is as follows from mostly popular product links and some mini-displays.

Merchant Name Impressions Click-Throughs C/I(%) # of Orders # of Items # of Items Canceled O/C(%) Sales($) Commissions($)
    Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC 715,336 5,917 0.89% 5 8 0 0.10% $473.15 $24.30

WTF a honest 1184/1 click to sale conversion ratio.

It is virtually impossible for this AM outfit or Walmart to only report this type conversion ratio on network generated coded links. This is the reason Walmart reps will never post at ABW or any other affiliate centric board. They do not want the free traffic gravy train ruined by snoopy affiliates not running BHO's or SE incent spamming routines. Imagine 1184 folks going into a Walmart store and buying nothing!!!! Don't look for Dell or SonyStyle to ever appear here either seeking to say they run an honest 100% sales reporting program.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    I agree WalMart doesn't convert great, better during the holidays. I don't expect major brand AM's to hang around forums or post because a very, very small percentage of the sales come via affiliates. Most of their sales come from brick and mortar sales and most of their online sales come via direct url type ins.

"Don't look for Dell or SonyStyle to ever appear here either seeking to say they run an honest 100% sales reporting program."

Dell converts fine for me, 1/12 last time i checked. Sony converts like crazy for me, for the year:
    1806 clicks $58,020.39 in sales, $1095.78 in commission, so thats almost 61 cents for every single click. So they run an honest 100% sales reporting program.

I agree with Mike, but in a more subtle manner. Know that I am a huge fan of name brands, and Macy's is obviously strong. But, you have to think about the type of traffic you have, and whether or not you'll be sending window shoppers to Macy's or Walmart.

A good place to start, if one is serious, are any statements made in the in the press (or admissions) about what the merchant thinks of his own site. Are they making a profit from the web, and making an effort to drive business to their site, or is it a great place to simply "learn" about the merchant?

Fred

You might just be a Redneck if - Birds are attracted to your beard...

ABW Ambassador
    I agree WalMart will get more window shopping because there are so many, so its easy to check at WalMart.com then drive a few miles to shop. Macy's however theres not as many, a little over 200 stores and only 1 in my state, so i expect conversions to be better. It depends on the merchant too and how you promote them. As far as the discount retailers WalMart doesn't convert for me, but Kmart and Target do, even with all the leaks they have.

I'll just say beware!

Their inventory (for online items) isn't updated daily ... it's done weekly, so expect many OOS reversals

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC 715,336 5,917 0.89% 5 8 0 0.10% $473.15 $24.30<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike, I think you will change you tune once you break the 7500 clicks threshold and break the $25 payment minimum and feel that Walmart commission jingling in your pocket.

sound thinking

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC 1,449 410 28.30% 8 8 0 1.95% $1,400.66 $70.03

Dang send some of that traffic over here Mike!

I just have product links to toys -RC hobby items -housewares -electronics -tools -outdoor items -kids clothing- sporting goods -Walmart flowers -steaks and Bicycles. You must have found the right Walmart niche'. Is it garden hoses, apparel or cheap jewelry?

Mike & Charlie ...

ABW Ambassador
    i got refused!!!!

why do they bother sending me an email to join???

*** And people say I'm just a housewife!!! ha ha ***

They also refused me on the following grounds:

* inability to access Web site
    * Web site not yet live
    * traffic levels too low
    * inappropriate material on site

Don't know what they're talking about as none of the above applies to my site! I guess they probably want to be EXCLUSIVE so they can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. Who needs them anyway! There are many other, bigger fish in the sea offering better commissions.

ABW Ambassador
    Thought i would get a rejection but they let me in, Nordstroms too after a year of rejection. Just need to get JCPenney on board

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on November 25, 2003 at 06:08 AM.]

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grumpy:
    They also refused me on the following grounds:

* inability to access Web site
    * Web site not yet live
    * traffic levels too low
    * inappropriate material on site

Don't know what they're talking about as none of the above applies to my site! I guess they probably want to be EXCLUSIVE so they can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. Who needs them anyway! There are many other, bigger fish in the sea offering better commissions. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much traffic do you get?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    Converting better than expected 1/15.

ABW Ambassador
    As ecomcity previously predicted, they are now listed on ebates site with a 3% discount and offer a coupon as well.

Yo Mike.... you were right again .

===================================
    Great News - we can now support ebates and pp merchants - they are cleaning up their act and I'll bet it'll be a long time before we see another clip of ebates overwriting affiliate links.
    ===================================

ABW Ambassador
    But they convert And you're wrong there is no coupon.

I don't think Mike had any great insight...
    We all knew they would be at ebates and the coupon is not really a coupon, just free shipping on $125 order.

Doing quite well with them myself. I knew right away when Mike started being negative that I would do well with them.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread