Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Or rather, what they're not doing.

Which is reporting.

For days on end.

This is an exciting time of year for us which make matters much worse. I must have logged in 50 times in the past few days because of my curiosity, only to be disappointed each time.
    With reporting obviously delayed (or stopped) it makes you wonder about tracking, is it stopped too?

----------------------------
    A page a day keeps fresh tires on the Vette...
    ----------------------------

Probably tracking is OK - but - with a complete lack of information, we don't know, do we - that's the worse part. No information.

I have to agree. The lack of communication, especially, is not good.

With a problem like this, people shouldn't be going home at 5pm on Friday. Stay and fix it.

From what I've heard from merchants, tracking should be okay. Linkshare just hasn't picked up and processed transaction files.

If this drags beyond mid-day Monday, it'll push transactions into December and Linkshare will have a BUNCH of angry affiliates on their hands.

Linkshare used to be my favorite network. Over the past year or two, they've gone downhill while their competitors have make tremendous improvements. Not good.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

It's another example of the networks showing complete contempt for affiliates.

No announcement. Nothing.

Short of waiting for a vital hardware component to ship on a slow boat from China, there is no reason why any IT system should be unavailable for more than a few hours these days.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If this drags beyond mid-day Monday, it'll push transactions into December and Linkshare will have a BUNCH of angry affiliates on their hands.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Actually, Sunday, which is the last day of the month, so basically forget about anything happening before it's too late to be reflected in November.

Linkshare has made it abundantly evident who they work for here. They communicated this to their merchants but not to their affiliates.

There is absolutely no excuse for that whatsoever.

My bad. Not sure why I was thinking Monday was the last day of the month.

Did they even communicate this to their merchants? The merchants who have discussed it here didn't say, but it sounded like they had to ask.

Linkshare may not consider reporting to be essential (and honestly, it isn't as essential as tracking) but it is very important. The more timely the reporting is, the quicker affiliates can adjust their campaigns and placements to generate the maximum results.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Does anyone know what they're telling merchants?

ABW Ambassador
    Yes this lack of communication to affiliates shows a leaning towards the merchants by Linkshare. If revenue is not posted by Sunday it won't be paid for an additional 30 days, which could easily put out payments 75 days before we see payments for November and perhaps much past that.

Linkshare realizes they will get paid and merchants won't mind if revenue is deferred. But the affiliate always seems to take the brunt of delays in payment and reporting, which go hand in hand.

You guys are absolutely right, no one in IT should have gone home until the issue was resolved and reporting was back in place yesterday. In fact the delay began before Thanksgiving so it really should have been working before that point. We had a lot of merchants emailing us on Friday so it should have been a full work day for IT in light of the reporting problems or complete lack of reporting.

It is not a matter of simply not being able to see the latest reports or how much revenue we have made, it is a matter of the most critical shopping season of the year now beginning with no idea how our campaigns are going. We cannot focus or refocus efforts in any manner because we have no idea what is going on. Further we cannot strive towards the "Earn More in 4th Quater" bonuses. All we can do is guess and hope that sales are going good and that our efforts are focused in the right direction.

Linkshare you have some serious deficiencies to address here and at the very least it is hard to believe that no communication was made to all merchants AND affiliates...

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    This sucks! We are also being told nothing, I mailed LinkShare on Thursday and said that an LTRANS had been missed, effeting all the Merchants we manage on LinkShare, to which I was informed "Thanks we're working on it", today I went to check and saw that the LTRANS( where available) had been picked up BUT no sales or commission data from that report or since has been updated on any of the merchant back ends that I can see...basically we're as in the dark as you and my last email to LS requested and immediate update on the status.

That said however, as LS reports are not finalized until between the 5th and 10th of a month I do expect (and I will require) that this data be correctly and fully updated into the LinkShare system.

Cheers

Chris

<font size="1"> Web Studio-1 Solutions.
    http://www.webstudio-1.com

Low Threshold : High Return Days : Excellent Support : 100% Parasite Free
    Mondera.com - Netmagazines.com - KegWorks.com - Left On Main - Pierced Body
    DriveWerks.com - DeluxeGrills.com - Irish Photo Shop - Vegas Experts

<FONT COLOR=red size="1"> A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again. Alexander Pope </font></font>

[This message was edited by Chris - WSO on November 29, 2003 at 10:37 AM.]

This really sucks, but it really isn't surprising, considering everything else contemptable they do to affiliates...

People get sick of being treated like a bastard at a family reunion...this treatment will backfire on LinkShare someday. They need to be good to their affiliates, especially with what's happening over at their competition.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe steve will come in today and post a little story for us to read, because we are all just mother hen's running around saying the sky is falling in...

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    Well Chris at least you are requested these sales be included with Novembers numbers....but unless a merchant REQUESTS this and if it is not posted until any date after 11/30 linkshare will pay on posting date and not the date of the sale....

So in order to fix this they will have to recencile each payment report for November and December to make this happen, something which I doubt the team managers are going to do without be asked or even if they are asked....

This is really ugly.

Can't they send an e-mail saying that the reporting will be delayed, stopped?

They send all other stupid "Earn more" emails tirelessly.

Hopefully, it isn't something more than delay in reporting.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Did they borrow the money for earn more in Q4 from the sales reporting contest? therefore no money left for stats. Some must be making too much from LS

This is only a sarcastic joke so don't get your _____ tied up in a knot

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

OK - speculation time.

They gave their part-time college kid who usually feeds the merchants's transactions files into the system a 4-day Thanksgiving break and told the support team that their Christmas bonus was coming out of the interest Linkshare will make on holding all our money for an extra month...

I received pretty much the same responses as did Chris. I know it's not the primary issue here - but our program pays based on the TRANSACTION DATE, so I'm sure there won't be any delay in commissions.

Dale Wentzel
    Director, Online Marketing Motormint.com
    365 Day Cookie | Parasite Free | Commission on ALL Sales

just venting

ABW Ambassador
    Some sales just came up in LS reporting. Goes back to 16th for one merchant.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KCEdit:
    Some sales just came up in LS reporting. Goes back to 16th for one merchant.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep--I can confirm this. Sales are rolling in, but not quite as many as I had hoped for. Still, I've now hit my all-time monthly high, eclipsing last December by $20.

Michael

Chris musta got someones head pulled out of the Turkey .... Mondera showed up.

Education is Key
    Parasiteware.com

Game on!!!! - The DawgFather

[edit] Netmagazines too. [/edit]

I've had one merchant sales post for the 26th.

Still no impressions, click-thrus or sales for the 27th or 28th.

ABW Ambassador
    Looks like everything is up to date for my merchants.

From what I'm seeing on my account right now, I'm fairly confident that the 25th is now at or near 100% and the 26th is probably close to 50%. Still nothing for the 27th, 28th, or 29th yet. I'll be anxious to see it in the morning!

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I just checked Linkshare stats and wish to commend Overstock's performance ....
    Overstock.com, Inc. impressions=308,980 clicks=1,996 0.82% sales=8 items=14 returns= 0 0.42% net sales amt=$714.59 commissions=$47.71

They finally broke the 1/250 conversion ratio barrier this year. The Folks (Me & Charlie) would like to thank the other 81 merchants at Linkshare who combined turned in this performance....

impressions=550,991 clicks=2,868 0.53% sales=0 0 (0) 0.29% net sales=0 commission=$0.00

Almost 4900 referred visitors from product, DRM text and showcase banner clicks in 75 shopping sections for $48.00 in Holiday shopping income from the Linkshare pool. Sadder still this is probably above average income for a LS affiliate if you subtract out their BHO partners -the Dupers doing opt-out spamming -their autofeed Duper comparision shopping partners.... and divy up the crumbs amongst their remaining affiliate sales force. I shouldn't complain so much as Last year's LS total for november was raped by BHO commission stealing tricks.

Y-2002 November Overstock.com, Inc. impressions=280,935 clicks= 3,334 1.19% 0 0 0 0.00% $0.00 $0.00 the other 93 merchants generated a total of $0.03 cents in commissions for the entire month of November.
    Report Totals: 494,710 clicks=5,075 1.07% 0 0 (0) 0.00% $0.00 $0.03 WTF the .03 cents came from is a mystery and main reason I jumped with both feet for a strong enforced CoC agreement. Time for some serious weeding folks.

Befree totals for November.....sucks!
    Total: impressions=457,102 clicks=4,177 sales=35 net amt= $2,318.79 leads=2 paid clicks=233 returns=1 commission=$87.13

CJ totals so far in November.....
    Web site All web sites
    Period This Month
    Commission earned $160.17
    Sales 13
    Leads 4
    Clicks 3429
    Impressions 350953
    CTR 0.94%
    EPM $0.46
    EPC $4.96

Hell of the 4 indies only one has produced any sales this year and that was to a rather crappy site with often flaky landing pages earning me 284.00 in October and November. But they obviously have something the major multi-million $ networks don't. A reliable sales tracking system and site owner seeking sales ...not free traffic. If ABW had followed my advice we could all be looking at the ABW CyberMall stats and blasting the rightful parties for not producing sales from targeted traffic.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast