This morning I received this email from Linkshare regarding Handspring!

"We are pleased to inform you that the following merchant program(s) have been reinstated in the LinkShare Network:

- Handspring, affiliates@handspring.com

If you would like to participate in the above program(s), please apply to the program directly from your account. If you were already approved into the merchant program, please note that your relationship with the merchant has been completely restored. You may log in to you account and begin to create new links for the above merchant program(s) immediately."

I spent a lot of my valuable time updating banners, etc. only to find out after I had uploaded my pages that the links were no longer working (they were working this morning, but now Handspring does not even show up in my list of merchants!!).

If anybody has paid advertising for Handspring products through LS, I would suggest you check your links as they are not working. What you get now is the following message:

"Sorry! You have clicked on a link that has expired or been deactivated. The link was used to facilitate relationships between merchant and affiliate members of the LinkShare Network. We apologize for any inconvenience."

I was under the impression that Handspring was moving to CJ so it came as a surprise to receive the email from LS this morning. Anybody know what the heck is going on??

ABW Ambassador
    Theres some threads below you might want to read. Yeah i see they disappeared from the merchant list. Palm bought them, then started a program at CJ, palmOne/Handspring. Maybe why they are gone is because you can't have a program at CJ and have one at Linkshare too. You can have one at CJ and have one at BF or Performics but not with LinkShare.

Just checked CJ, they have Palm and palmOne/Handspring so they can't have a program at LinkShare. I think Wine.com tried that before but i think it's in the CJ contract or something that if you're with CJ you can't be with LinkShare.

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on November 30, 2003 at 04:54 PM.]

Thats what I thought as well until I received their email this morning. Seems LS is getting into the habit of causing major confusion lately. Wish they would get their act together!!

ABW Ambassador
    LS is totally out to lunch the past week. First the reporting, now they can't get straight whether Handspring is being booted or reinstated.

Hey Steven, how about a little Quality Control?

I never got the email saying they were deactivated, but yesterday i got the one about being reinstated. Now they are apparently gone from Linkshare for good.

I want my money.

How about it LinkShare? What is the official status on HandSpring? First notice says their program is discontinued, second notice said they're back, third notice said they're discontinued. Today, their links still don't work.

It sure would be nice to know if we promote them or remove their products from our sites.

BUMP

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All -

As you may know, Handspring has merged into PalmOne. As a result, the Handspring program is no longer with LinkShare as of November 30th. Please disregard the reactivation notice you may have received prior to this date. We apologize for any confusion this additional communication may have caused.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Thanks for clearing that up. In the reports it shows the commission is on hold, what does that mean? I'm over the threshold so I don't understand the account being on hold.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Xandman -

Please email me your LinkShare account information and I'll have my team investigate the status of your payment.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    abw@linkshare.com

ABW Ambassador
    Handspring/PalmOne now live at Performics. And and where they've been, CJ.

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Handspring/PalmOne now live at Performics <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i get error message when submitting application.

Apply to you too ?

http://8n.nu

ABW Ambassador
    yep, get same message

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread