I checked my report an hour ago and had a new sale and checking it again (I know I'm a compulsive report checker) the sale is now not there. What's up with that?

"Advertising is the most fun you can have with your clothes on."
    Jerry Della Femina

ABW Ambassador
    oh wow!

i just lost a lot more than one sale. lost a whole bunch. hundreds of dollars!

can't wait to find out what's going on.

Sarah, this is a time to communicate with us very quickly, if LS has double counted sales again etc.

Lily

I have missing sales, too. They were there a couple hours ago and now they're gone.

ABW Ambassador
    RonWLS

I should have added it was over the same time period. Here one hour gone the next. Yes I check often in the morning, because merchants report in at different times.

Lily

I have hundreds of dollars in missing sales from 7 am reports vs. 9:30 am reports.

(This is my first post from a long time lurker. I guess I just needed the right motivation to post, and seeing my commission get wiped out provided that motivation!)

ABW Ambassador
    Welcome Jane_Doe.

I'm sure this will get straightened out. But I hope it's not another weekend like last weekend when the reports were such a mess.

I've emailed a few of the affected affiliate mgrs. Some have responded that they've contacted LS. Maybe others should let the am's know too.

Lily

ABW Ambassador
    Same thing here. I'm back to my commission levels from last night. I want my money back.

Michael

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All -

My technical team has been alerted and is currently investigating the issue. I will keep you posted as I have information.

Sarah

15 years and counting
    Something is wrong with LS reports. I'm missing more than $20,000.00 in sales. It was there just one hour ago.
    I noticed sales were not reported on time all day long.
    How can we trust these people? They are so screwy it's not even funny.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

15 years and counting
    I'll like to welcome Jane_Doe, too. I'm from Dunwoody but I'm spending most of my nights in Buckhead.
    I'm not an happy person, right now. How can we run a business with such inaccurate information? LS could cost me a lot of money at this time of the year. They BS us with their Q4 Earn More... but if they were paid on performance, I'm sure they will be broke by now. Look at their homepage. "LinkShare Reporting Update: All reports for September to date are now updated and available..." It's so helpful to know that. What about DECEMBER...

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

ABW Ambassador
    At least Sarah is back. It won't be quite so lonely. Things do seem to work out. I'm just going to keep making more pages more sites. It still beats my old job of being a town planner.

Lily

ABW Ambassador
    I had some disappear for a couple hours, but they are back now. Just got some other new sales appear too.

ABW Ambassador
    Good Morning !

What the heck is going on over there ?
    Same thing happened to me yesterday !
    Sales from Domestications , Lillian Vernon and JCpenney were there, and then they were just POOF - gone without a trace .

I know they were in fact MY SALES, and not an error, because it's highly targeted junk that I saw there in your individual item reports for those vanishing sales !

AND, WHAT IS UP with Target ?
    Puhleeeeeeaase Linkshare, take a closer look at their reporting and they way in which each item sold is reported as an individual sale, making it APPEAR that conversions are better , but in reality, there is little or no reporting of sales coming from them !

Something smells mighty fishy with Target. I would hope it's a tracking/reporting issue that can be resolved .

I'd really hate to pull ALL their links - but for now, I have no choice but to remove those targeted links that are the most obvious non-performing traffic leaks .

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, Target reporting is weak. Non-existent. They are coming down off our site. This is no time to play games with reporting.

You can throw their sister site Fields into the mix as well.

If no sales show up after this reporting debacle, I'm getting rid of both of their leaky programs.

ABW Ambassador
    This reporting issue is for pretty much every merchant...no one merchant is singled out here.

Linkshare, this is getting old and is coming at the absolute worst time of year. What are you doing to make reporting so messed up and why would you do this now? Someone is trying to tweak something or change something or it would not occur.

ABW Ambassador
    With Target it is not the system-wide problem of disappearing sales. They never reported the sale in the first place.

As far as i can tell they did not change anything. No site redesign, no new offerid or anything. It just stopped.

My money and sales for the last couple of days are all gone!

What's happening here?

ABW Ambassador
    Agreed with Target. Add to the Computers4Sure & TechDepot. I sent thousands of clicks to these merchants in the past couple of months. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

Notice all these merchants got too much leaks. For Target, leaks are Amazon & Fields. techDepot got Office Depot.

As far as report goes, I am tired of checking stat every 5 mins.

In October my Fields sales were averaging 1 in 40, November it went to 1 in 134. Can't say for this month because of this LS mess, but if no sales show up after the 200+ clicks sent, They're history.

I have a growing list of leaky and/or non-performers that are getting purged come January.

I too, am getting tired of checking LS and checking here for some word on what's going on to fix this reporting problem they have.

ABW Ambassador
    Stephen, pay the overtime and get this mess fixed, rerun whatever reports you need too, double check this and that, but there have been way too many problems and they seem to have started around Thanksgiving and it seems everybody has the same problems with our reports going backwards, wrong direction.

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

I'm getting tired of complaining about LS. Seems the more posts we add here, the worse the problem gets and it seems to be snowballing now. I thought my sales would be back this morning but that was wishful thinking. I have decided to pull all advertising for LS merchants until this mess has been sorted out and instead focus my attention on merchants from other networks. If LS merchants cannot do anything about the situation over there, then they deserve to lose sales!

It's 10:45am at Linkshare. They've been there for almost 3 hours (or perhaps longer). No reports. No update from Stephen. Nothing. They can do better than this.

Although I'm not going to pull my LS merchants, this WILL have an impact on them even on my site. I have automated things on my site to extract performance numbers and adjust placement. When reporting is delayed like this, the placement for the affected merchants drops.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    Sales are coming back.

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread