ABW Ambassador
    Andyone point me to a thread where these are discussed - i.e. what they are.

Skimmed through linking guide at CJ but could not find that info quickly. Must have been discussed here, right?

ABW Ambassador
    A SID can be used for whatever you want. IE: Suppose you use the same link on multiple pages, you could put a unique sid on each page and then tell what page the sale was from.

You could use the sid to indicate what site a link was from (if used on multiple sites) and yes even parasites can use the sid to identify a particular customer of theirs that made a purchase. It's use is open for use as you like.

http://help.cj.com/lo!@))p/Transacti...ort_Detail.htm

quote:
    The SID is an optional field that you may use for your own tracking purposes. It is related to Commission Junction’s SmartRewards program, which provides the capability for you to track where your sales and leads originate so that you can target and/or reward your unique shoppers. This is accomplished through adding the SID to the tracking code of your advertiser links.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Poon & Joey.

But just remember, if the customer clicks on that link, then goes somewhere else on the merchant site and buys something else, the SID is useless as it is reporting they bought something else.

So, the SID really only gives you an idea of what it was, what link, that got the visitor to leave your site, not what they bought. CJ has made baby steps with this addition. Now they need to take adult steps and make it so we know what the customer actually bought.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

7-days' point is a good one. Use the SID not as a "what's selling on my site" tool, but as a "what links are being clicked when purchases are made" instead.

If you sell Blue Widgets, someone could click on that link and decide to buy a Pink Widget once they get to the merchant site. But the SID will tell you which link on your site initiated the sale, regardless of what they actually bought.

I use it mostly to determine where to place links on a page, as placement does seem to make a difference.

Andy

Heyyyyy All,

So all we need to do in the advanced option feature would be to type in something like widgets_site_one in the SID box

Todd, can you please get them to allow this feature for the product links?????? and we would be good to go? I just want to make sure I have it right.

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

Packy,

Todd said in another thread that the no SID in the product linking window is a bug and he will report it.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager
    EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/6%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! <
    SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! <

Akiva,

Thanks. I must of missed it. Thats good news to hear. At least it will let us know which products are being clicked on and that people are interested in.

If thats the case, With the new added features I guess I have to give this update a compared to previous updates.

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread