For almost as long as my main content site has been in existence we've run affiliate ads for supportkids.com - a company that goes after back child support for you.

For the last two years instead of getting paid our measly few bucks a month in fees we have had to bug, beg & report them to the Linkshare over and over again for non payment. O¬*nly then would we get paid many months late.

In September they announced, via email, that they were getting out of the affiliate business and stated "We will pay for commissions earned o¬*n 'orders received' through an affiliate link through September 22" .

Imagine my surprise today when I was informed that I would NOT be paid because I didn't meet their "minimum pay out level" Funny...the above line from their email in September stated they would be paying for all orders received.

SO, after sending them lots of business (over two networks - I was with them long before they joined LS) they're going to stiff me on $20. Ayup, $20. Their payout is $25. The funny thing is, they pay a flat $10 commission - where they think the extra $5 is coming from is beyond me. The other funny thing is never in my life did I only make $20 in one month off of them until this last month. It's like they turned off tracking early to avoid payout.

I've made hundreds with them, put up with their late payment, only to get stiffed on such a piddly amount for such BS reasons.

Mad? Let me tell you about mad. I copied every email address/name I could find on their website and copied them in on the email stating how upset I was. The more I think about it, the more it burns my butt. Imagine how much money they avoided paying out to all their affiliates? These guys are cleaning up with OUR money, a few bucks at a time.

So, all annoyed anger aside - am I the only one who reads "We will pay for commissions earned o¬*n 'orders received' through an affiliate link through September 22" as meaning they'll pay out all monies owing? There's nothign there about minimums.

/end rant

You have only yourself to blame.

You should have told them to kiss your @**, and then dropped them from the very beginning.

Any merhcnat should be drop-kicked if they continiously don't pay within 6 weeks.

A site that collects money from deadbeats, but they themselves don't pay. ... I love the irony.

[Language]

[This message was edited by Haiko on November 20, 2003 at 09:43 AM.]

Publish a page on your site about "Deadbeat Merchants" who don't pay their bills, shut off tracking, etc. And make sure they're listed in the top spot!

You could even write an article about your relationship with them, publish it, and send a link to them via E-Mail so they can read it first hand!

I'm sure they don't want others to know about their scummy dealings.

Andy

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    As you can see here at ABW over the years their are only a handfull of LS programs run by any reponsible merchant employee. The majority are run by the Ad whore professional AM firms who judge their programs sucess by the FREE traffic meter.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by parentsworld:
    "We will pay for commissions earned o¬*n 'orders received' through an affiliate link through September 22" as meaning they'll pay out all monies owing?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No mention of minimums and nothing but an implication of a full reconciliation of the balance due.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

The ethics of an agency that goes after 'back child support' probably leaves a lot to be desired.

Has anyone collated how many men have committed suicide through being hounded by agencies like that when they really can't afford the child support. (And didn't want the divorce in the first place.)

ABW Ambassador
    It's likely that you are not the only one in this situation. I would consider contacting the Attorney General of Texas, the state in which they apparently do business.

I know you're not going to let them get away with this. Keep us posted.

Wayne

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Perry:
    You have only yourself to blame.

You should have told them to kiss your @**, and then dropped them from the very beginning.

Any merhcnat should be drop-kicked if they continiously don't pay within 6 weeks.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sadly, you're right. I always found it hard to drop them as I made really good money from them. I always eventually got it - that was my logic for keeping them. Right before they stopped their program I was toying with dropping them - but never quite made the decision.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy:
    You could even write an article about your relationship with them, publish it, and send a link to them via E-Mail so they can read it first hand!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would emailing them (CEO, President, CFO et al) and saying they just bought themselves $20 worth of free advertising be the same? Did that last night then put the top article on the page as a warning not to do business with them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Radegast:
    Has anyone collated how many men have committed suicide through being hounded by agencies like that when they really can't afford the child support.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok, so it's off topic but yes. I've worked along with http://www.mesacanada.com/ for dad's rights for some of our guys that really got screwed. I know it's a touchy subject, but I do try to represent both sides.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NorthernStudio:
    It's likely that you are not the only one in this situation.

I know you're not going to let them get away with this. Keep us posted.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

THAT the real bug in my *ss over this. You know that there's a whole lot of affiliates out there who didn't get paid who won't say a thing. As for what's going on, I did come home to five missed calls from Texas today!

It's $20 but man, it's the final straw in a long series of things for me. I've allowed myself, and in effect others, to be robbed before and I've simply had enough. I sent them 215,817 people over the years, for that alone I deserve my $20.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haiko:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by parentsworld:
    "We will pay for commissions earned o¬*n 'orders received' through an affiliate link through September 22" as meaning they'll pay out all monies owing?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No mention of minimums and nothing but an implication of a full reconciliation of the balance due.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I made mention that I'd thrown this situation out to others here and that you agreed that the wording implied full reconciliation and I expected such.

Yesterday, the cheque arrived. I don't let them off that easy though, I'm keeping the article up about them. My feeling is they paid me because I complained. There are probably hundreds out there that they didn't pay because they didn't complain.

Slimeballs.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread