Is Linkshare down? I get 404 everywhere.

[This message was edited by Uphill on December 22, 2003 at 11:11 AM.]

seems so.

Even worse. Tracking is also down.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Every darn page where I have showcase LS merchants like Mondera, Coldwater Creek, BareNecessities, Sierra Club, Overstock displays, DRMs and product links won't render in the browser even after 5 minutes. Anything in even the simpilist table structure won't display so LS kills off all my other network merchants sales.

It's about time to see if LS merchants have any balls and if their AM's have any pull with LS management. The DRM's and individual product database making the codes have to be given priority to high speed servers and pipeline bandwidth. At it's best LS server technology has been second rate compared to most major hosting companies. Cheapskates catering to the bandwidth hogs like the comparision shopping engines and BHO's need to charge those DUPERS for sucking off bandwidth from regular affiliate link displays.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The DRM's and individual product database making the codes have to be given priority to high speed servers and pipeline bandwidth. . . <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't care what they do, just get things working again (if it is like the late-November foul up, this could take awhile; are they open for business this week?).

Hopefully they aren't all off for the holidays. I have some direct product links that do seem to be working, but banners are not showing up and I can't access linkshare's site. Hopefully the direct product links that at least get me to the merchant's site are actually tracking.

Happy holidays everyone!

Just Lurking
    My banners are un-effected but they're all locally hosted. Just hope no one clicks on any of them!

------------------------------
    "A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." -- Mahatma Gandhi

UUUUUUUUUUUUUHG! No LS reports, No Performics reports. WTF!

I might as well go back to bed.

Update: performics is back. I guess I'll stay up.

[This message was edited by ellen-s4y on December 22, 2003 at 11:37 AM.]

Affiliate Network Rep
    What a morning. From what we can tell one of our many datacenters has had a technical problem that started around 9:30 am EST. The data center is working hard to resolve the issues but as of yet no firm eta has been given to us. This data center is the location where we host LinkShare.com as well as some ad servers and click servers. We are currently in the process of relocating all the links to our other data centers but the process takes the DNS tables a bit to complete so I apologize if this is causing any of you problems. Hopefully this will happen quickly.

Best regards,
    Stephen

ABW Ambassador
    The problem started before 9:30 AM EST. Around 8AM, I was able to login, but reports will not come up because (I guess) the reporting server was not available. I tried several times. Then from 9:30 or so, the whole thing disappeared.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Dear KCEdit,

Thank you for your response. I will forward it on to our team to see if there was an alert prior to the time we where given by the service provider. Again, I apologize to anyone who has been affected.

Best regards,
    Stephen

I hope there's a short TTL, otherwise this could take hours. On our host, they say editing the Zone file can take up to 24 hours to take effect. I hope this isn't the case, with what's going on over there.

Stephen,

Do you have a list of hosts and IP addresses that we could temporarily put in our "hosts" files?

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Affiliate Network Rep
    Michael,

I would not recommend doing that. The DNS change is within a private network so the time to change the links should be very short, but I always like to hedge my bets having been in the tech world for so long. As far as my tests are showing there should not be any delays or issues with ads and clicks but if you are havivng issues let me know so we can look into it.

Steve

smesser,

Thanks for the update. Sounds like a mess - but at least you guys are on top of it. Looks like my links and banners are working almost all the time now. That's pretty fast if that is from a datacenter move.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Stephen it is a simple test. www.ecomcity.com has 90% of it's pages that won't render a full, or in some cases any, page display in IE or Netscape. Basically my whole site is trashed till LS cures the problem. Without this problem the DRM's slow seek & display time and getting too individual product links still is way too slow when every thing was running.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Seems like the reporting module is back up, but none of today's stats are up yet (at least I hope not).

Mike,

Ecomcity seems to be loading just fine from where I am. Checked a half dozen or so pages and they all came right up.

I was able to log in here:

http://ssl.linksynergy.com/php-bin/aff/login.shtml

Looks like my reporting is up to date.

I still can't access www.linkshare.com.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Stephen,

thank you for letting us know and keeping us updated.

Merry Xmas to you and all at LS

www.linkshare.com is back now

Affiliate Network Rep
    Mike,

Your page loaded with no problems as far as I could see. I will keep checking but i reloaded it a few times with no problems. Please let me know if you see something different from your end.

Steve

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread