Is there a way to search all merchants for those who have storefronts or when a storefront might have been added, modified or removed?

Not that I have ever seen - would be nice considering some of those storefronts probably haven't been updated since the merchants joined.

Prowling the night away....

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Hello terrymc, Heidi,

Thank you,

I was wondering the same myself. I think the store fronts are a good idea and would like to take advantage of them but they could perhaps use some improving.

I added some storefronts to my site but noticed a few things that can improve on them and motivate me to put a store front for every category and merchant that has one.

1 - yes, I would like to know which merchants have storefronts without having to search each one individually and also having to join each one or reading "more info" on each merchant before adding links

2 - when the merchant frontstore window opens, I would like to be able to see a link or button right under the merchant logo that says

A - "Click Here" To continue - then it continues onto merchants website where similiar products are listed with tracking code in place.

or
    B - "Click Here" To View More Items - then it continues onto merchants website where similiar products are listed with trackinig code in place.

3 - yes, be able to know when merchants update their storefronts like remove them or make drastic changes, etc.

Maybe other features, but to me the most important one I see missing is the option where it does not say anything about continuing to VIEW more items

Reason I say this is because I refered one page to a friend, she clicked it and the first thing she said was. "Is that all the items they have", by looking at the 7 items that where showing on the New Window Store Front she thought perhaps that was the only items they had in reference to "Mens Jewelry"

For example, here is what I have on my site:

click to view special items from each category

jewelry > Men's Jewelry(this is a link) but when Men's Jewelry store opens only 7 items show, no reference as to "continue button or link to view 100 more, options, etc.

Just a thought!

Jorge

i do not use storefront anymore now.

Not good design at all.

I would send the traffic to merchant site directly.

http://8n.nu

Hopefully linkshare reads this and makes some adjustments on the storefronts... Could be a good tool to use if its made a little easier to find..

I don't see what the big deal is, the DRM stuff is all over the place in the resources and it seems I always get an email on merchants with DRM's.. Why not storefronts?

Also, will we ever be able to search for links/products across all merchants??

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread