2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I see where several LS creatives like the search boxes for Drugstore.com all lead to the following cookie setting message....
    http://service.bfast.com/clients/not...erchant-1.html

Someone wake up the Drugstore.com AM and notify them their job description includes verifying their affiliate coded links and landing pages.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I have noticed LOTS OF THIS at linkshare in general. I have changed about 20 links in the past month that lead to dead pages from linkshare, a variety of merchants, this is a new thing, have no idea why!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    It pays to be clever
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I find those too Anne. This LS merchnat has creatives trying to set cookies and landing pages from Old Befree coded links!! The newest LS search box affiliate code pulls up that BF notice page!

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    I see where several LS creatives like the search boxes for Drugstore.com all lead to the following cookie setting message....
    http://service.bfast.com/clients/not...erchant-1.html <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Isn't that a Befree page and not Linkshare? Why would a Linkshare merchant be leading to a BeFree page?

-----------------------------
    Scott

"Can't we all just get along? Only when we've been drinking."

Yeah, drugstore.com was never with Befree, they were indy til they came to linkshare....
    Mike, I looked at the coding on your site, and it is your screw up. You have the seach box intermingled with some old planetrx stuff, they were with befree. If you clean it up and try putting the link code back on it will work.
    You have this stuff in there that shouldn't be:

form action="http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click/mid1000057

You couldn't have cut and pasted it right. The code for the search box in linkshare does not have all that extra stuff from befree...

[This message was edited by Connie Berg on January 02, 2004 at 08:46 PM.]

Thanks Connie. I see where at the top of the HTML page the sniplet of the <form action> statement from the older PlanetRx page. I replaced the LS search box codes on the health pages just a few days ago and tested the code on a blank page. Worked so I just pasted it into the 5 health related pages in the Mall. Old Open ended "form action" statement screws it up.

Mike & Charlie ...

Brings back memories...How I miss PlanetRX!

They sure sold better then the current crop of pill pushers Connie. Nova has the lock on free hormone pills if you need some!...

Mike & Charlie ...

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread