Okay, someone had to start this. I'm only hoping CJ looks at our comments and can make changes. This is meant to be a post for constructive criticism.

Well, here is the first thing I noticed. When searching for merchants under GET LINKS, ADDITIONAL SEARCH OPTIONS, if I want to look for special promotions when looking for links, it is not easy to find the language and country. I ask you this, what percentage of the affiliate web sites are american or for english speaking countries. If greater than 80%, could we not put United States first for Country and English first for Language? That would make sense to me.

Second, when doing the same search, if I make a mistake in my search criteria (and it seems you MUST select something in each of the seven categories) and I don't do it right or don't get any results, I have to start all over. It would make it much better if I could use the back button and change one category to refine my search. I don't have time to enter all seven categories over and over.

Folks at CJ....can I make a suggestion for future updates? Why not lets affiliates, the folks that use these features every day, test some of this stuff for you before you implement it. As it is, anything we find now will take months to get changed, if at all.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Oh, CJ, I think you did some good things with this upgrade, I just wanted to start a post of areas we find that need fixed or improved.

Okay, here is another one I just found.

If I want to enter a SID (which is a great improvement, by the way), I have to click on SHOW ADVANCED OPTIONS. Well, the only thing different in SHOW ADVANCED OPTIONS is the SID feature. Why not just put it on the first screen to begin with and not make us add another step (or click) to add this. I'll be adding a SID to every links and this will mean hundreds of extra clicks for me over the year.

[edited]...answered my own question

My payment status is working and looks good. However, I must have misread the info at CJU about this. I thought it would give me an estimate of my check next month, like taking my daily average and calculating what my monthly would be. Instead, it just shows me the same figure as on my quick stats page. Maybe it will look different after reporting comes back on line, but if not, this feature is useless to me.

Hmmmm, seems they did not listen to our suggestions from the last upgrade. The gray letters on the black background on the top of our CJ screens is still hard to read, especially on my laptop.

Okj am I missing someting here or can you only add a SID to banner and text links?
    I see no way to add it to a product link?

Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible..

quote:
    Originally posted by Ladyboss:
    Okj am I missing someting here or can you only add a SID to banner and text links?
    I see no way to add it to a product link?

I don't see it on the product links either which makes me very disappointed. Why would an affiliate want a SID on a generalized link and NOT want a SID on a product link to track specific products? I think I have a SID on every product link I've published and never included one on a regular text link or banner. Guess the manual process continues.

Yes, I tried it too...no way to add the SID to products.

I know this sounds stupid but I don't see any changes at all. Let me refresh the page, (refreshing) Nope I don't see anything different.

Goal: to earn one dollar without working for it.

quote:
    I know this sounds stupid but I don't see any changes at all. Let me refresh the page, (refreshing) Nope I don't see anything different.
    How about these?

• 30 Day Trend Graphs instead of just the 1 year graph.
    • A 'my advertisers' dropdown on the main page, similar to what we had before (although not as good)
    • Improved 'Payment Status' page including Payment History and an Estimated Amount for next payment.
    • Improved 'Get Links' area on advertiser pages.
    • Enter SID area in advanced linking. (I requested this a few months back and they actually listened )
    • Additional Search Options feature which makes it easier to find things like special promotions.[/list]

I almost forgot. The graphs are back in GREEN.

15 years and counting
    Once again there's nothing for me in that stupid upgrade. (They kept their frontpage, I'm so happy for that )
    I'm fed up to work with people that don't listen (don't respect) their customers.
    I'm fed up to have to wait for people who tease me and don't provide the service I need.
    This time I'm not going to waste my time with people who care mostly for spammers (They are listening to them, I can tell) and thieves.
    I've better things to do, I know better people to work with.
    The only thing that, indeed, was impressing, is how much money I made with CJ these last few years. Now, I can have that full screen. Do I care, not really. I want to know how much money I'm going to make, tomorrow. And I'm not going to bet on CJ for that.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

quote:
    Yes, I tried it too...no way to add the SID to products.

This must be a bug, I will report it. Product links should also be able to add SIDs.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Ummm, Todd.....

quote:
    Originally posted by 7-days:

Folks at CJ....can I make a suggestion for future updates? Why not lets affiliates, the folks that use these features every day, test some of this stuff for you before you implement it. As it is, anything we find now will take months to get changed, if at all.

Here's a cool new feature. Select more than one link and then click get HTML. Now you can select multiple links at once and get the HTML. Or you can have the HTML emailed to you (you all already saw this feature but it is cool too).

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

quote:
    Originally posted by ToddCrawford, CJ.com:
    Here's a cool new feature. Select more than one link and then click get HTML. Now you can select multiple links at once and get the HTML. Or you can have the HTML emailed to you (you all already saw this feature but it is cool too).

Sorry Todd, but I'm not too impressed. Maybe because I was expecting more. A small improvement, but you can do better:

How about expanding this feature a bit?

I would like an option to email/ftp myself a CSV file with the (filtered with a query)product links from one or more merchant, and schedule the file for updated delivery monthly, weekly, or whatever suits ME.
    I want an interface where I can manage my datafeeds on my own.

Have you seen the Mondera datafeed generator?
    We can generate separate filtered feeds, ie only Engagement Rings, perfect for my upcoming site buyengagementrings.com. Give me an improved version of that feed generator, with automatic ftping and I'll kiss your feet. You may even get a link on that site, but as it looks now, only Mondera will get them.

The way it is now is not very user friendly:
    • $100 to get a datafeed of a merchant's products
    • All the merchants you want in one big feed, hard to manage
    • We have to wait for you to get another merchant added to the feed
    • No way to filter the products in the feeds, we have to get them all[/list]
      I was hoping for improvements in this area. So I was kind of disappointed.

ABW Ambassador
    Here's something little not a big deal. But maybe under balance add in what we made for the month right below it. Like total monies owed which is the balance and right under that what we made for the month. But overall an improvement, i still would like to see my personal epc with each merchant. Example i click 1800Contacts from the drop down menu on front page taking me to Advertiser Detail page. I would like to see how i performed in past months, EPC, that was there before the last upgrade.

What I don't like about this upgrade is that we are now being told that our reports won't be available at the time they said they would ("your Account Manager will be delayed and may take up to 24 hours to become current.") Now we hear it may be another 24 hours. I sure hope it is not yet another 24 hours and all of these sales don't show up until July.

Let's see, very few sales before upgrade, sales reporting delayed after upgrade....does this sound familiar to anyone else?

Okay, okay, I'm a stats addict.....heading off to click on another network to get my stats fix.

Ron,

I know you want your stats. Our tracking is done by separate servers and then sent to the main database, consumed and made available for reporting. Since the members area was down for 28 hours, all those tracked txns must get consumed, along with the ones occuring as the old txns are being consumed. This takes time. We will turn everyhting back on as soon as we can.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    Todd, any chance of bringing publisher epc back(with each merchant)and maybe under balance add in what we made for the month right below it. Right now balance shows all monies owed, but it would be nice to login to see how much we made for the current month right below it. Overall a nice improvement tho.

quote:
    Todd, any chance of bringing publisher epc back(with each merchant)and maybe under balance add in what we made for the month right below it. Right now balance shows all monies owed, but it would be nice to login to see how much we made for the current month right below it. Overall a nice improvement tho.
    I'll pass your suggestions to prod dev.

Thanks

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread