Will somebody at LS please explain why no checks have been sent yet for Overstock commissions in November? Overstock paid the money in on the 10th of December, so why is it taking so long to process payments? I'm sure I'm not speaking for myself when I say that we all can sure do with the money right now. Perhaps Sarah can help shed some light on this matter?

ABW Ambassador
    I hope Shawn will address this as well since I'm sure Overstock could use the interest that Linkshare is earning thanks to Overstock.

Considering how large Overstock's affiliate program is, I'm sure this is no small sum.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    You'd think that the #1 merchant at LS in terms of payout would get the LS folks off their butts and mail their checks early ...not late. The PR for early payment is what OS wanted. Instead TigerDirect beats them again getting the money to affiliates before Christmas. Might have something to do with the majority of LS merchants not paying November's commission bill till January.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All -

I've confirmed with my accounting team that we received Overstock's payments. It typically takes 7-10 business days to process and distribute affiliate payments, and thankfully, due to a tremendous holiday season, our team is busy processing a lot of payments! They've assured me Overstock payments will be mailed tomorrow.

Sarah

My check was sent today.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LinkShare Moderator:
    It typically takes 7-10 business days to process and distribute affiliate payments<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it doesn't Sarah. Since you don't seem to have access to this information (I can't imagine why), here's a recap of Overstock payments since July.

Trying to cover up for your inept Accounting Dept., or more likely, intentionally holding our money to dishonestly earn interest on it, doesn't speak very well of your company. Honesty goes a lot further.

Payment Received: Payment Disbursed:

7/14 7/16 (2 business days)
    8/14 8/25 (7 business days)
    9/12 9/17 (3 business days)
    10/16 10/20 (2 business days)
    11/18 11/21 (3 business days)
    12/10 12/22 (8 business days)

Four out of the past six months, it has taken 3 business days or less for this merchant.

This means that in most cases, Linkshare will earn interest for at least 3 weeks on this money.

ABW Ambassador
    As a further example of why Overstock's payment delay makes absolutely no sense, let's look at a few other November payments:

Mondera
    Payment Received on Dec 16, 2003
    LinkShare Mailed Check on 12/19/2003

NetMagazines
    Payment Received on Dec 16, 2003
    LinkShare Mailed Check on 12/19/2003

Overstock.com
    Payment Received on Dec 10, 2003
    LinkShare Mailed Check on 12/22/2003

Now... Can you explain to me why Mondera and NetMagazines payments were sent out after 3 business days, but it took 8 business days to send out Overstock.com's payment? Enquiring minds want to know.

Michael

Good for you Snowman - that's telling it like it is . Let them put that in their pipes and smoke it!

ABW Ambassador
    Anyone receive their overstock check that was mailed on 12/22 yet? We received two others mailed on that day but not the Overstock check for some reason...

ABW Ambassador
    Come to think of it we received our Mondera check which was mailed on 12/19, which was 3 days earlier...

My November Check was printed on the 18th, didn't get to the mail box until the Dec 22, (What's wrong with their mail room?) Recieved it on the 26th of December in California.

Allen

Also recieved Sierra Trading Post with same numbers except for Print Date was 12/22

I look for the day, when every affiliate from every nation can climb to the mountain top and yell,
    'Free again, Free Again."

Today is a national day of parasite free shopping.

Yes Survey Man, I got rather a shock when I received mine on Saturday in the mail. It was postmarked 12/22. This is the first time it has come this fast (only 4 days from NY to AZ) - guess miracles do still happen.

ABW Ambassador
    Well as of the 29th's mail we have not received ours yet, but as I mentioned all of the others mailed on the 22nd have been received....Some on Saturday and two today. My guess is we'll get it tomorrow.

ABW Ambassador
    Got mine on 12/27.

Got mine this morning. Check dated 12/18.

ABW Ambassador
    We received ours today, 12/31 but it has not post office postmark, but only a linkshare internal mail meter date of 12/22. It was probably not mailed until the 24th or 26th.

I picked up checks today, and the November Overstock.com was there. Most of the other checks in the PO Box were from 12/22 and 12/23. My Overstock check was also dated 12/18 with a postage meter mark of 12/22 (which may or may not be accurate).

Considering Overstock paid Linkshare on 12/10, this certainly should have been much quicker. With other networks, I probably would have had the check a couple weeks sooner. Even with Linkshare, I normally would have had it more than a week sooner. They definitely need to improve their turnaround time.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Linshare is very good at excuses. however, when it comes to PAYMENTS. They fail. They have owed me commissions since AUGUST for the Dell Home program. I have yet to be paid. AVOID these thieves

Okay, we got it -- You hate Dell at LinkShare.

No, you DON'T have it. Linkshare is a scam. NOW you got it. Oh, be careful what you say. They close your account if you say anything derrogatory about them. That way they can continue to be in business. I suggest EVERYONE who is owed money from these scammers start filing complaints to the BBB and Attorney's General.

LinkShare isn't Dell. Yes, I admit, right now I'm angry at LinkShare for not sending my Sharper Image *and* my 1-800-Pet-Meds checks and I've been complaining left & right, but you still see me here, don't you?

I've been paid regularly by the merchants I promote, so LinkShare isn't a scam. You can rant all you want about Dell, but obviously Dell does pay some people here who promote them. I'm not promoting anyone who pays under 8%, so I don't have any Dell experiences, but you've read plenty from some of the biggest and longest lasting affiliate sites on the web, so your "scam" accusation is inaccurate.

If you feel you should do so, contact the BBB & the Attorney General. No one is stopping you.

David & freejazz,

Can you be specific on why you think this???

Such as:

How many times has this happened in the past?

How late are they in paying you?

How many times have you contacted them?

More details, please.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread